Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New chippy by the station

Went in sing li last night around 10.50 after a swift b+c in the bell,only had enough chips for a small portion. That guy must have been serving chips up for 30 to 35 years,he was just a youngster when we first started going in there:smile:

Tried asking him last night exactly how long he has been working in there but he just gave me a ketchup sachet:mad: Year of the tomato?

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton Beer Dispensary grub is superb! The beerkins are five star food all the way.

Kitchen has now been handed over to the team from 'The Set'. Not sure what food they will be offering in future as they have yet to announce a new menu.

Weatherman

Jun 10, 2008
Quite. May it live long and prosper.

Lin Hong used to be another favoured Brighton institution. Big puddle of grease with a pancake roll floating around in the middle. Marvellous!

Lin Hong had a stunning girl working behind the counter in the late seventies early eighties

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
When I worked at Brighton station, late shift was always the Chinese Chippy

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Does the Market Diner still exist?

It does, but not as you know it.

Everything is less greasy and it's been cleaned, though the deathtrap stairs down to the toilet remain so there is still a thin edge of danger to proceedings.

Tea still nuclear levels of hot.

I fancy going back there soon actually.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Certainly is, I always remember him down the arcades on west street when I was about 15, spending what seemed like a fortune to me.

I was just about to mention that I only ever saw him gambling outside of the shop but was fearing I might be unnecessarily or unfairly contributing to an asian stereotype. Glad to know I wasn't imagining it.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Opera Rap

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Kitchen has now been handed over to the team from 'The Set'. Not sure what food they will be offering in future as they have yet to announce a new menu.

it was the original menu at the weekend. I hope they keep to the veganizing the whole menu as they do at the moment. I've eaten my way through the whole thing it's really good.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Because you wash it down with a bottle of M&S house wine purchased at the station.

Glad to hear that you're not one of those taking advantage when they don't have security on.

It's incredible the number of quite respectable looking people going in from the station concourse, picking up a bottle and/or ready meal and casually walking towards out of the other side.

You can almost hear them silently saying "I'm just going to look at the bread/Oh I seem to be outside/I'm just carrying it in my hand because I didn't want to pay for a bag."

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Glad to hear that you're not one of those taking advantage when they don't have security on.

It's incredible the number of quite respectable looking people going in from the station concourse, picking up a bottle and/or ready meal and casually walking towards out of the other side.

You can almost hear them silently saying "I'm just going to look at the bread/Oh I seem to be outside/I'm just carrying it in my hand because I didn't want to pay for a bag."

Nice tip. Thanks!

el punal

God forbid, my dear! I already have a glass poured before I exit the premises. :angel:

All paid for and above aboard I hasten to add. :angel: x 2

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here