Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Russia at it again ? Litvenenko #2 ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Litvenenko #2. Number 12 or so, it seems at least 10 others have been covered up so as not to upset the flow of Russian money, into the country.
Yes, lots of strange, " tragic ", deaths involving Russian emigrees.

I think this is the Russian security services saying " we don't forgive or forget and, if we decide to come for you we will come and get you and we really don't care if there is a bloody great arrow pointing at Moscow. "

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43291394

'After a Cold War-style spy swap at Austria's Vienna airport, Col Skripal moved to the UK, where he kept a low profile for eight years.

His wife Liudmila died in 2012, a year after they had bought a semi-detached home in Salisbury.

Two years ago, Col Skripal's older brother died in Russia, and last year, his 43-year-old son died while on holiday with his girlfriend in the Russian city of St Petersburg. He had been rushed to hospital with liver failure.

Family members were suspicious at the time and still believe some of the deaths were under mysterious circumstances.

Col Skripal's daughter Yulia, who was found unconscious next to her father, was visiting from Moscow, relatives told the BBC.'

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43291394

'After a Cold War-style spy swap at Austria's Vienna airport, Col Skripal moved to the UK, where he kept a low profile for eight years.

His wife Liudmila died in 2012, a year after they had bought a semi-detached home in Salisbury.

Two years ago, Col Skripal's older brother died in Russia, and last year, his 43-year-old son died while on holiday with his girlfriend in the Russian city of St Petersburg. He had been rushed to hospital with liver failure.

Family members were suspicious at the time and still believe some of the deaths were under mysterious circumstances.

Col Skripal's daughter Yulia, who was found unconscious next to her father, was visiting from Moscow, relatives told the BBC.'
Blimey.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I'm sure the Russians are quaking in their boots after Boris Johnson saying if there is evidence that Russia has been involved, there will be serious consequences.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Boris now suggesting that England will not attend the World Cup if Russian involvement is proven.

Boris Johnson threatens UK representation at World Cup

The foreign secretary said that if the Russian government were linked to the collapse of Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia, it "would be very difficult to imagine that UK representation at this summer's World Cup could go ahead in the normal way."

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Boris Johnson earlier, just checking where Salisbury is on the map, before answering the urgent question in parliament about Russia.

CnaAlh9WgAAi3pH.jpg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Bit rich for Boris Johnson to be attacking the Russians when him being on the same side of the EU Referendum they helped win is the only reason he's even in his job.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I've got to say Cunning Fergus I find you increasingly a deeply unpleasant person. Over the years you've gone from an oddball brexit obsessive to a far right defender of authoritarianism. Unlike my right wing chum Bushy you never seem to comment on football or non political threads and you don't have a sense of humour about anything.

Can someone translate please?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The message behind Putin's calculated brutality is clear. If you betray us, we'll kill your family first and then you.

Don't ingore the timing either, with the Russian election coming up, he wants to be shown to be as strong as ever ... oddly, this sort of thing seems to play well with the electorate there.

Anyone who thinks there is going to be any sort of serious response is deluded. We'll probably be angling with them for a trade deal this time next year.

Boris Johnson, pulling the England team out of the World Cup? ha ha ha Boris only cares about himself and won't do anything remotely that unpopular.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I can understand in a way targeting the father as a traitor, but poisoning his daughter is pretty despicable IMO
Its not like the Russians haven't turned British spies.. I've seen the Ipcress Files film.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I can understand in a way targeting the father as a traitor, but poisoning his daughter is pretty despicable IMO
Its not like the Russians haven't turned British spies.. I've seen the Ipcress Files film.

The stuff they use she was probably close enough for it to kill her as well.
Some police in hospital for just getting close after the attack.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Seeing as chemical weapons have been used on British soil with the finger of blame pointing to Russia, seems inevitable that we should boycott their world cup.

Whilst we are at it perhaps invoke NATO regulation on attack on one, attack on all and get NATO members to boycott world cup.

Not sure what else we can do...that would piss Putin?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Police confirm that a nerve agent was used. The policeman first on the scene is seriously ill in hospital.

This really is a serious situation, not easy to get hold of nerve agents these days, I thought it was bad enough with the Polonium, this is state sanctioned attempted murder.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't think we can really go to the World Cup now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here