Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aleksandar Mitrovic

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
So you didn't bother to go and read the wiki page because in your view everything written there is without foundation?

Go and have a look and if you can find any errors in what is written about Mitrovic I'll bow to your superior intellect.

What I was originally trying to say was that he was hugely regarded only a few years back, much more so than those you named.

For a source more to your liking, Does UEFA.com meet your standards?
https://www.uefa.com/under19/history/season=2013/goldenplayer/index.html

All of those I named were famed youngsters with "massive potential" that didn't achieve much in the game for a variety of reasons.

As to your first point, I've never said things on Wikipedia are without foundation. However, this is a website where up until recently (and I'm not sure if this is still the case), literally anyone could go on a Wikipedia page and change the facts and points on a page. So there are numerous Wikipedia pages that are, genuinely "with foundation".

However, my larger point, which you've clearly missed in trying to defend yourself, is that Wikipedia itself proves nothing of anyone's potential. I mean how can a webpage prove the potential of any footballer, let alone the "massive potential" of one footballer? It simply can't. It simply isn't a source of proving potential because potential isn't even a quantifiable thing. It's an idea, a concept, a notion, all of which are things that a "fact" based site like Wikipedia doesn't have the capacity to prove even when at its best.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
There was an interesting piece written in the Newcastle Chronicle back in November which explains why they think Rafa doesn't fancy him. Worth a read.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/deserves-go-aleksandar-mitrovic-story-13845115

Various articles about Shelvey on that page imply that Rafa won't sell to relegation rivals and I would guess that is the same for Mitrovic.... Why don't we make an offer for Jorgensen who they see as an upgrade.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Various articles about Shelvey on that page imply that Rafa won't sell to relegation rivals and I would guess that is the same for Mitrovic.... Why don't we make an offer for Jorgensen who they see as an upgrade.

If Rafa doesnt rate Mitrovic then selling him to us will surely sent us down........!

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

From what I've read re our transfer policy, we tend to stalk our targets for a long time. Impulsive buys, influenced by recent form, can prove to be costly if the recent good form was a deveation from the norm.

I doubt Jorgensen would be unknown by our scouting department, but I must admit I know nothing about him. Is he a target man, as we seem to after one in Mitrovic?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
If Rafa doesnt rate Mitrovic then selling him to us will surely sent us down........!

If they don't rate him, how can they argue he is worth £15m?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Well at least a spanner is useful sometimes unlike the useless t*sser you seem to be.

Nice. Just don't try to do impressions of people with a talent for impersonation. You clearly can't and have none.

I've reported your response, as I was only joking with my first reply - you must be a lovely fella to be around.

I live in the north east and found your attempt at Geordie borderline insulting and just wrong.

With 'doon' being about the only word even close.

Bye

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Out team have only scored 17 all season.

Get him in , if he can get 5 then perfect if Locadia can get a few as well

See thus is exactly the type of marginal gain/moneyball type statistic/scenario that TB will be using as part of their analysis on scouting.

I for one tend to agree with this as it’s not always going to be the big money well known players that will get us over the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Nice. Just don't try to do impressions of people with a talent for impersonation. You clearly can't and have none.

I've reported your response, as I was only joking with my first reply - you must be a lovely fella to be around.

I live in the north east and found your attempt at Geordie borderline insulting and just wrong.

With 'doon' being about the only word even close.

Bye

If you had just said that it doesn't read/sound like like any Geordie you know and that you I know a lot then fine end of story .

Calling me a spanner is going to get one of two actions, ignore it or reply with something in a similar vein which I did.

Calling someone a spanner is insulting, then you have the affront to say you were insulted.

Maybe I was joking when I called you a useless t*sser.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
If you had just said that it doesn't read/sound like like any Geordie you know and that you I know a lot then fine end of story .

Calling me a spanner is going to get one of two actions, ignore it or reply with something in a similar vein which I did.

Calling someone a spanner is insulting, then you have the affront to say you were insulted.

Maybe I was joking when I called you a useless t*sser.

Fine.

Time to move on.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It would be massively in Newcastle's interest to string us along and pull the rug from under this deal on deadline day.

I hope we have set a deadline for this to complete, and have other irons in the fire if needed.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
It would be massively in Newcastle's interest to string us along and pull the rug from under this deal on deadline day.

I hope we have set a deadline for this to complete, and have other irons in the fire if needed.

I certainly agree with the last sentence. My completely unsubstantiated guess however is that Newcastle need someone to take Mitrovic off their hands to make the Jorgensen deal happen (plus they are being linked with Schurrle on loan today which seems a no brainer for a few months for any of us in the dogfight) and we will end up paying them around £11m and they will use that as their first instalment to get Jorgensen.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

I get what your saying but....

This is a club where their businessman owner deals in certainties. Not selling him to a rival is not guaranteed to achieve survival and the money that comes with that.

Selling him will achieve (probably) upwards of £13m transfer fee and reported £7m saved from the wages they are committed to pay over the next 2.5 years (based on the report of £60k a week).

I can't see a businessman (with interest in selling the club) turning down a £20m boost to the coffers through sales and savings for an asset he doesn't want?

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Why don't we just go for Jorgensen for 20m? If he is the better player and we have the cash, why not.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Capture.PNG
:catfight::catfight::catfight:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

I would be enormously confident that we have other irons in the fire.

But that doesn't mean that any of them will come off.......

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Why don't we just go for Jorgensen for 20m? If he is the better player and we have the cash, why not.

Agreed as that would seem the logical step but in either case we really need a forward for Wednesday so if we sign either then really need them in next day or so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here