Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team For Wolves

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I think CH will go for the jugular by playing both Murphy and Lualua. The rest pick themselves.

Ince has yet to start but he's played crucial roles in helping keep leads, particularly as teams go more direct chasing the game (Fulham; Rotherham; Blackburn).

PG

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm going to be controversial and say Dunk in for Uwe. I don't think Uwe had a great game last night.

I dont agree Uwe seems to be getting better each game and was brilliant last night. The only change I would make is Rosenior for March and remove March from even being a sub.

I wouldnt concider starting Ince and keep him as an extra defender if needed to hold the lead?

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
One Albion player did not seem quite match fit, so:

Stockdale
Bruno Dunk Hünemeier Bong
Ince Stephens Kayal Murphy
Hemed Lua Lua

Subs: Mäenpää Rosenoir Forster-Caskey March Greer Holla Manu​

Bold are definites.
No Baldrick? Can't see that happening.
LuaLua and Rosenior to replace March and Murphy will do me. March will probably not even make the bench.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Ince on the right wing and Lualua up front. That's quite interesting, don't you think we might have players already within the squad who might fulfill those positions with greater success? Although after such a strong start and points haul I can see why you'd want to change it all around.

Interesting. Very interesting.

Ince playing narrow, not on the right wing. Murphy is the designated wide player. Lualua is second striker: the Baldock role. Bruno can overlap and Ince can cover. Rosenoir would be the more natural player for this but I am still a total football fan (adpatable players) and Ince can do the job.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Greer and Uwe have been SUPERB and more than deserve their places. Howevever, Afobe is VERY fast and neither are blessed in that department. I think Dunk should be considered on that basis alone.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Bring back Kaz on the left as he and Bong make an exceptional pairing both going forward and defending.
Switch Murphy to the right with a brief to run himself into the ground with a view to subbing him off for the more defensive Rosenior to help cover Bruno who tends to tire towards the end of games.
Otherwise as we began on Tuesday

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Ince playing narrow, not on the right wing. Murphy is the designated wide player. Lualua is second striker: the Baldock role. Bruno can overlap and Ince can cover. Rosenoir would be the more natural player for this but I am still a total football fan (adpatable players) and Ince can do the job.
Why not use Rosenior there then if he's the more natural player? Also why would you use Lualua as a second striker when Baldock is a second striker and is looking pretty sharp in games? Isn't it better to play players in their natural positions.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Bring back Kaz on the left as he and Bong make an exceptional pairing both going forward and defending.
Switch Murphy to the right with a brief to run himself into the ground with a view to subbing him off for the more defensive Rosenior to help cover Bruno who tends to tire towards the end of games.
Otherwise as we began on Tuesday

Yes, that. Wolves will not cope with Lua Lua and Murphy. 5 point gap at top of the league - I say go for it Chris!

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Again, the only position up for grabs is Right midfield, with Murphy/Rosenior being the two player in contention. Rest of the team picks itself. We'd be mad to change it.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I'd be tempted to go with Lua Lua & Murphy wide but if CH feels Rosenior gives us more stability then so be it.

If Rosenior does come in Lua Lua doesn't walk straight back in, Murphy done more than enough to keep his place and I feel over the course of the season he will offer more than Kaz.

Hemed, Zamora & Baldock would all rather play with a winger of Murphy's type. Better delivery and also timing of delivery. A striker can time their run far easier to Murphy who will cross once he finds a yard of space, whereas Kaz tends to play to his own tune and his delivery can vary in pace and height hugely across a game.

Would like to see Lua Lua assist stats as if I suspect they are low, he will need to score 10 goals plus a season to warrant his place on the basis the strikers won't benefit as much from his wing play.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'd be tempted to go with Lua Lua & Murphy wide but if CH feels Rosenior gives us more stability then so be it.

If Rosenior does come in Lua Lua doesn't walk straight back in, Murphy done more than enough to keep his place and I feel over the course of the season he will offer more than Kaz.

Hemed, Zamora & Baldock would all rather play with a winger of Murphy's type. Better delivery and also timing of delivery. A striker can time their run far easier to Murphy who will cross once he finds a yard of space, whereas Kaz tends to play to his own tune and his delivery can vary in pace and height hugely across a game.

Would like to see Lua Lua assist stats as if I suspect they are low, he will need to score 10 goals plus a season to warrant his place on the basis the strikers won't benefit as much from his wing play.

Don't disagree with any of that (especially about Murphy"s ability - or Kaz"s inability - to cross a ball) although I thought we missed the power of KLL's shooting from wide on Tuesday - it's another option to test defences.

Regarding your final sentence though. - he is already well on the way to that target!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Don't disagree with any of that (especially about Murphy"s ability - or Kaz"s inability - to cross a ball) although I thought we missed the power of KLL's shooting from wide on Tuesday - it's another option to test defences.

Regarding your final sentence though. - he is already well on the way to that target!

I agree the Rotherham game was tailor made for Kaz and it's because he's well on the way to 10 goals is the reason he warrants his place at present. If the goals dry up then we may have a problem but hopefully he can sustain this form over the majority of the season.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Wolves look a bit disorganised at the moment, not really knowing their best team or formation. Jackett is getting quite a bit of flack.

If we can start well again I can see their crowd turning on the players pretty quickly. Lualua straight back in and possibly keep Murphy as a starter too.

With that in mind:

Stockdale

Bruno-Hunemeier-Greer-Bong

Murphy-Stephens-Kayal-Lualua

Hemed-Baldock​

Subs: Maenpaa, Dunk, Ince, Rosenior, Zamora, Manu, March.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
All (well, all except one) seem to agree that the only real choice is which two out of three (LuaLua, Rosenior and Murphy) get to start. I'll go with what CH decides!
There was a suggestion somewhere back up the thread that Baldock may not be fit. Anything in that? Could take a chance on Manu if that is the case, or maybe slot LuaLua in there (Murphy and Rosenior on the wings).

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
What a great problem to have.
At the moment the only irreplaceable players are Kayal and Stevens. Once Crofts is fully fit he will be the back up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here