Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ESU and WSU open for Coventry game

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I don't think the club have got much wrong here, yes they could have opened ESU maybe a couple days earlier, but that's about it. Ticket sales suggest that anyone who wants a ticket will get one, even if not in the exact seat they want. Well that's hardly the end of the world is it.We constantly (quite rightly) comment on how well the club is run in an effort to be as sustainable as possible. After the Palace game with a half empty stadium the club were right to be cautions of sales for a match with a club that far below us in the league. If ESU sells out soon, maybe the club will start to open blocks in WSU, but if people are leaving it to just a couple of days before the game to decide to go them that's not the clubs fault. Obviously there will always be tales of supporters with last minute changes of plan, who may not get seats but for the vast majority the only problem is one of preciousness about where they sit, in one of the best stadiums in the land, with basically pretty decent views from all of it. Any one that concerned about restricted views from low down close to the pitch could have brought tickets from the higher seats in east or west lower when they went on sale. Why people think an apology is due is beyond me. They actually haven't fu***d up, they just haven't written to individuals personally asking them what seat would they like, and asking how they should run the club.

So very wrong... the Palace cup tie is simply NOT a good model for this one... they ****ed up... an apology is due... it won't happen...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Maybe it's coz the club are charging £7 more for W/C spaces. Is this even allowed or is it a mistake.

W/C seats are on sale to adults at £25 as opposed to £18.

Really!? Can't be legal if that is so, surely!?

Technohead

Aug 10, 2013
Burgess Hill
Great news https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/february/west-upper-open-for-fa-cup-tie/

Nicely written article too, egging on the 10k STH’s yet to buy and underscoring the importance of drowning out the 4600 Cov fans. I honestly believe this will now sell out, with lots being sold on Friday and even Saturday morning.

I’m also going to gloat excessively as I predicted last week the WSU would be open Tuesday morning (Although I did duggest 0930 instead of 1000)

Suspect that 10k STHs is well off target. We normally have 4 season tickets, but for this game I bought all four tickets under my fan number rather than logging on for each individual. So to the club it would appear that three season ticket holders haven't bought a ticket, when in actual fact they have.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Claptrap, sorry but that is absolute hogwash. Palace was so much bigger than this on Saturday.

No, it isn't hogwash (as is currently being proved BTW... it is two rounds on with far less chance of trouble, on a Sat at 3 PM...

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Claptrap, sorry but that is absolute hogwash. Palace was so much bigger than this on Saturday.

The FANS (myself included) let themselves and the club down to a degree (for a number of oft discussed reasons) in relation to the Palace cup game, and we are reaping the harvest now.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hmmm... I obviously don't know the costs involved, but how about weighing that against the potential to attract new younger fans who can't get into PL games, which are pretty much sold out every game: a loss leader if you like?... how about not p1ssing off your ESU & WSU ST holders who want to sit in their normal seats?... and so on...

Oh come off it, the ST holders that were queuing down the street for most of the cup ties we've had since the Amex opened other than when its been PL opposition!?

Enjoy the game from whatever seat people end up with, change is as good as a holiday. Blimey.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The Palace, yes that's CRYSTAL PALACE, was an abysmal attendance. Oh yes it was a bit cold

There are a LOT of families who were scarred off by the potential agro... that is just ONE of the reasons the club have FAILED to predict the Cov attendance properly...

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Suspect that 10k STHs is well off target. We normally have 4 season tickets, but for this game I bought all four tickets under my fan number rather than logging on for each individual. So to the club it would appear that three season ticket holders haven't bought a ticket, when in actual fact they have.
I also purchased 4 tickets for ST holders:tantrum: Fully expected to be asked who tickets were for but they didnt

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The FANS (myself included) let themselves and the club down to a degree (for a number of oft discussed reasons) in relation to the Palace cup game, and we are reaping the harvest now.

... blame THE CLUB, NOT THE FANS...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Oh come off it, the ST holders that were queuing down the street for most of the cup ties we've had since the Amex opened other than when its been PL opposition!?

Enjoy the game from whatever seat people end up with, change is as good as a holiday. Blimey.

You may be surprised that NOT all season ticket holders think like you... I went / will go whatever, but I don't assume everybody thinks the same way...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

You don't have to log on for each individual, you can do it through your own account, when you select the tickets you just allocate each one from your basket, all you needed were their FAN no.s and postcodes and you'd have all got 10 loyalty points each, not just you.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I was about to post exactly the same thing, having just read the announcement. Those numbers just do not stack up.

I suspect a lot of STHs are unallocated as part of a bigger (STH + X tickets) purchase, which means they'll not be getting their loyalty points, although I suspect many won't care about that bit.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
... blame THE CLUB, NOT THE FANS...

Righto. I am aware of fans on limited budgets, away travellers, who went out of their way for the Palace game. The game on Saturday however has been missed due to priorities, and I fully understand why.
I'm going, with a win or lose apathy.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

This.

The club has no idea if my son (a STH) has a ticket for this. There will be 1000s in the same boat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here