Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] January transfers

Steve_PPP

Oct 24, 2017
Burgess Hill
Why would we loan Goldson out ?... he's on the bench ahead of Uwe every week, and Duffy and Dunk are bound to be banned at some stage. Keep him.

I can't quite understand this one...surely Uwe should be our number one backup to Duffy/Dunk, he had an awesome run in the side towards the end of last season when Duffy was injured. But hey, Hughton's not got much wrong lately so I can't moan...

Goldson will go out on loan, hopefully with Skalak.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Would Dunk go to Everton ?

Could we resist any bid ?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
They won't be able to afford him and hopefully the lure of Cheshire in winter will be enough to put him off. I really hope.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
OUT of 25 squad :

Skalak ( loan )
Murphy ( loan )
Goldson ( loan )

IN :

New striker
New central midfielder
New central defender

Sidwell fitness and outlook assessed. Make decision on Jan 31st whether Ahannach takes his place in the squad.

Keep Dunk.

You seem to be shipping out a lot of 'home grown' players.
I find it hard to believe the club will be buying local, in this window.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You seem to be shipping out a lot of 'home grown' players.
I find it hard to believe the club will be buying local, in this window.
Yes, we are 1 above the limit so losing both Goldson and Sidwell isn't possible unless we bring a 'home grown' in.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bit mystified by the number suggesting Goldson will go out on loan when CH seems to see him as our primary CB cover ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why would we loan Goldson out ?... he's on the bench ahead of Uwe every week, and Duffy and Dunk are bound to be banned at some stage. Keep him.
Apart from a handful of Championship matches, Goldson has played most of his football in the lower leagues - and he's played next to no football in the last year or so. So - he needs game time; in the Championship will be fine.

Hunnemeier (sp?) is a fine 3rd. choice CB. We'll just need an experienced old hand on a half season loan to be the 4th. choice.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bloody hell; it's not just me banging the HGP drum on here then!
Oh it's certainly not an original thought, so if it coming from you, chapeau. [MENTION=25402]Blue Valkyrie[/MENTION] ought to be very disappointed with himself for being behind me when it comes to paying attention.

Apart from a handful of Championship matches, Goldson has played most of his football in the lower leagues - and he's played next to no football in the last year or so. So - he needs game time; in the Championship will be fine.

Hunnemeier (sp?) is a fine 3rd. choice CB. We'll just need an experienced old hand on a half season loan to be the 4th. choice.
Goldson needed a full season in the Championship so he could 'next in line' after this season.
As said before not getting his position covered was the second biggest failure in the summer.

At the same time as the Leo the striker rumour appeared we were also clickbaited with Andreas Granqvist, but no one seemed to pick up on it.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Would Dunk go to Everton ?

Could we resist any bid ?

As if. The only chance that Dunk is going anywhere in January is if a CL club comes in for him with stupid money. Don't forget Bloom's strategy with Stephens at the beginning of last season. The summer is an entirely different matter.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here