Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Genki Haraguchi

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Japanese and Australian internationals being signed! :smokin::cool::rave:

#BHAFC are going global!
Expect 1 Million replica shirts being sold in Australasia in 2017/18!
Not bad for a little club from Sussex who used to play at a 9,000 capacity Athletics stadium :albion2:

bloody JCL from the glory years at Withdean eh....

Don't forget the little club from Sussex who used to play I n front of 30,000+ at the Goldstone

#occasionallymostofthetimeitwasmorelike15,000oraslowas5,000

:lolol:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
If it means hundreds of lovely asian women turning up at the Amex, I'm all for it. In fact, his missus is quite nice.....I'm surprised no one has mentioned it before:facepalm:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Japanese players have not tended to do well in England. It has taken Maya Yoshida ages to adjust and he's the captain of their national team. Let's hope this guy is more Shinji Okazaki than Ryo Miyaichi if he signs.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Japanese players have not tended to do well in England. It has taken Maya Yoshida ages to adjust and he's the captain of their national team. Let's hope this guy is more Shinji Okazaki than Ryo Miyaichi if he signs.

He wouldn't be playing in the Bundesliga if he was a duffer.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
IF we actually get either/both of them, it would certainly be a big step in the right direction.

I have no problem with the players being mentioned as possible signings.BUT.......perhaps i worry too much (an age thing ?),i would like to see one or two straight out of the Premiership,adding that experience . Sidwell will certainly help,Murray maybe,although i don't see him as a vocal leader.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I have no problem with the players being mentioned as possible signings.BUT.......perhaps i worry too much (an age thing ?),i would like to see one or two straight out of the Premiership,adding that experience . Sidwell will certainly help,Murray maybe,although i don't see him as a vocal leader.

Not sure players from Scotland will help.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
bloody JCL from the glory years at Withdean eh....

Don't forget the little club from Sussex who used to play I n front of 30,000+ at the Goldstone

#occasionallymostofthetimeitwasmorelike15,000oraslowas5,000

:lolol:

Not quite [MENTION=13230]Psychobilly freakout[/MENTION]! My first game was 40 seasons ago. :mad:
Been in a 30,000+ crowd at the Goldstone Ground, so not quite a JCL.

Just totally mad how far we've come.
I suppose I should have mentioned the Gillingham years, and that would have shown it even more!
Looking forward to next season as I was to my first ever Albion game/ #CountingDownTheDays

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What happened with the Haraguchi transfer to us?

It was widely reported in the media that talks had started, but then it seemed to fizzle out!

No idea, but maybe when it became apparent that we weren't signing U21 striker Abraham, then we needed to turn our attention to an over 21 striker and an U21 right sided winger like Olly Burke instead of Haraguchi, to make the overall 25 man squad numbers work for us.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I assumed, and still do(despite what it makes out of me and you), that the agent leaked the story to the press in an attempt to see if any other premier league clubs were interested. If we sign him I imagine it will be much later in the transfer window.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here