Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Skalak

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I dont think I have seen a player contribute so little in open play. Goodness knows what his best position is because he is not a winger. Unable to go past anybody and looks like a rabbit in headlights when he has ball with defenders round him.

David Beckham couldn't go past anyone. I think you're missing the point about Skalak's qualities.

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
On an otherwise desperate night, I thought he was our only bright spark. Did not stop running and trying and also showed his class with a couple of wonderful crosses. Credit to him.

His corners were frigging awesome today, just a shame Hemed just missed the target with his two opportunities!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Worked really hard and kept his shape well, more and more impressed with this guy.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
That volley! First time, on the run. A foot lower and we'd be laughing.

The lad has a lot going for him.

Glad he's ours....... And available for Monday

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Watched a different game to me. Don't recall him going round anyone. Just a very difficult night.

Kayal for me.

He's not the kind of winger that will get round people but I thought he was tidy in possession (which you can't say for most of our team) and was our only goal threat.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think it was quite a big mistake to leave him out for the Boro game. Our final ball was awful.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Shame his volley didn't go in. 2-1 would have been sweet...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's not the kind of winger that will get round people but I thought he was tidy in possession (which you can't say for most of our team) and was our only goal threat.
You're wasting your typing fingers.
If people don't understand what Skalak is all about by now, chances are they never will.
Even after a team like West Ham (or whoever has the next 'big man up front') pays millions for his ability.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

He delivered one good corner, put a free-kick over and actually had a very good strike on the volley, but for a winger he created very little. Its ever so difficult though to find positives tonight.

I wonder whether he should start down the middle in the second leg and play KLL and Murphy out wide......... Anyone but Manu!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You're wasting your typing fingers, if people don't understand what Skalak is all about by now, chances are they never will.
Even after a team like West Ham (or whoever has the next 'big man up front') pays millions for his ability.

Oh please, get over yourself, I never said I didn't rate him, just that I didn't think he played particularly well tonight.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
He had heart, and unlike some the fight never went out of him. Pleased he's improved other aspects of his game since he joined.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh please, get over yourself, I never said I didn't rate him, just that I didn't think he played particularly well tonight.
And I wasn't having a pop at you (although I can see why you'd think that).
More so the 'he doesn't go round players' comment that seem to follow him around, from a fair few posters.

He just doesn't and I assume never will, so it's a completely redundant point.

But the guy can't half put in a cross and strikes a sweet volley.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
And I wasn't having a pop at you (although I can see why you'd think that).
More so the 'he doesn't go round players' comment that seem to follow him around, from a fair few posters.

He just doesn't and I assume never will, so it's a completely redundant point.

But the guy can't half put in a cross and strikes a sweet volley.

Yes, sorry if I snapped - very grumpy........

Great volley - and a good corner, but to be honest I felt our deliveries other than that were poor.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I'd give him a free role. Let him pop up all over pinging balls in all over the place or picking up space to unleash some efforts at goal. Wednesday will sit and hit us on the break if they can

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here