Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sleepwalking back to the Championship

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Again another of the most ridiculous and insulting things I’ve heard charged at Bloom. He cares more about property development than ( as if makes any difference to how the club is run anyway) to whether we get the wins to keep us up this season. But keep going.

Don’t bash the loonies. They keep this board ticking over.
Tom hark gets a like from me for the best/worst conspiracy theory I can remember.
Getting Albion to the prem for the first time is a mere smokescreen to the real plan - a new furniture store. Love it.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Agree with the OP on this.

There's still a whiff of small time mentality lingering around our fans and players. The ultimate test of this will be on the last day of the season at Anfield - if loads of our fans sing YNWA like they did at the cup game I hope we get relegated.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Agree with the OP on this.

There's still a whiff of small time mentality minding around our fans and players. The ultimate test of this will be on the last day of the season at Anfield - if loads of our fans sing YNWA like they did at the cup game I hope we get relegated.

Good. We are a small town community club at heart. Lets hope we don't strive for a big club mentality too soon...lest we forget who we are and where we've come from...if we managed to secure survival on the day, then I might join in with what anybody is bloody well singing!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
:shrug:

Maybe the club's got bigger fish to fry than the PL for now. Like building a new IKEA and housing estate. Can always revisit the PL at a later date eh?

Agent provocateur THPP strikes again. We've just broken our record amount of transfer fee for Locadia.

1st Septermber 2017

Everton, Watford and newly-promoted duo Huddersfield and Brighton made more signings than any of the other clubs - each adding 13 new players to their ranks - while the Terriers also completed a league-high three loan deals.

In contrast, Arsenal were the least active Premier League club - only signing Lacazette, and Sead Kolasinac on a free transfer in early July - followed by Manchester United, Liverpool, Crystal Palace, Bournemouth and Southampton (four signings each).

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...league-transfers-how-much-did-your-club-spend

I know you enjoy batiting [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION], but sometimes it is worth reading the facts even if they don't suit.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
You will see plenty of posts on this board about people buying tickets for away games in the ‘home ends’ ...i’d hazard to guess it happens everywhere

Yes but it is done discretely. As far as I am aware when Villa found out Brighton fans bought tickets in the home end they cancelled the tickets and I would guess most clubs would do this.

It would have been be interesting to see what the official (Barber's) reaction to this 'acquisition of tickets clearly denying one of the thousands of Bronze membership fans the opportunity to view a game'.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes but it is done discretely. As far as I am aware when Villa found out Brighton fans bought tickets in the home end they cancelled the tickets and I would guess most clubs would do this.

It would have been be interesting to see what the official (Barber's) reaction to this 'acquisition of tickets clearly denying one of the thousands of Bronze membership fans the opportunity to view a game'.

The villa ones were far from discrete hence they were cancelled ...it was the ones available from Ticketmaster...according to this board people bought in other areas....and this seems to happen for other games where demand is high....as i said before it happens at all clubs

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The villa ones were far from discrete hence they were cancelled ...it was the ones available from Ticketmaster...according to this board people bought in other areas....and this seems to happen for other games where demand is high....as i said before it happens at all clubs

the point i was making that when Villa found out they cancelled the tickets , the North Stand Stand manager (wow) found out they were not Brighton fans he did nothing....

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
the point i was making that when Villa found out they cancelled the tickets , the North Stand Stand manager (wow) found out they were not Brighton fans he did nothing....

But then wasn't the Villa bit way before and en mass....wasnt the case in the North..or am i reading it wrongly

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
You are just as unqualified to suggest that it doesn't make any difference as he is to suggest that it does.

I would be inclined to think if our players are going into games in awe/fearing the opposition then it most definitely will have a detrimental effect. I would much rather our players had an attitude to spoil, hurt and harry these 'world class' players than give them their due respect on the pitch and off it. It'd be nice if all our fans adopted a similar slant, at least for 90mins (some struggle with that alone). I also think Hudds atmosphere has probably played a part in gaining them a couple of points at least.

They'll no doubt be some absolute bellend ready to chime in informing me that they are 'professionals' and this kind of thing doesn't affect them. They are just (largley impressionable) people for ****s sake, not robots, no matter their media stance.

Fair enough - I’m probably an absolute bellend. Nothing more to be said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here