Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will the club do a season DVD/BluRay?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Don't think there has been one for a year or two. I know everything is online these days but I'm a dinosaur and want something I can keep and isn't reliant on someone not turning off their server. Imagine if we had a video compilation of 79 to go along with Up, Up and Away. This season is screaming for a full on documentary and proper book. Shame it is reliant on footage that only the club or Sky can use without huge fees as it would work well as an independent film of the type that is occurring more and more since crowdfunding became a thing. I've been involved in a few and backed a few others - mostly retro computer related - and the talking heads with footage model is very powerful when done correctly.

At a bare minimum, I would like an old style compilation DVD and Argus match report compilation but think this season deserves so much more. Here's hoping the club agree.

Oct 25, 2003
i think a compilation of the amex championship years would be good- similar to the excellent withdean years one. Showing the early promise under Gus before play off heartache, the drama around Gus leaving, the Garcia season (Ulloa at forest etc), the awful Hyypia spell before finally Hughton taking over and rebuilding. It's a great 6 year story really full of ups and downs

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'd rather a DVD covering just this season. So many victories and goals scored, especially at home. Everything has gone so well.

The Amex era under Poyet, Garcia and Hyppia was a different story entirely - much lower scoring, loads of draws and defeats, and heartache. For me, there's no interest in watching that period. 2016/17 has been another level.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I'd rather a DVD covering just this season. So many victories and goals scored, especially at home. Everything has gone so well.

The Amex era under Poyet, Garcia and Hyppia was a different story entirely - much lower scoring, loads of draws and defeats, and heartache. For me, there's no interest in watching that period. 2016/17 has been another level.

This. Another DVD Luddite here. Make it so.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
How about a Betamax version for us pensioners ?

Pah! You youngsters... what's wrong with a good old 78rpm gramophone for the crowd noises (so you can hear the rattles being swung), and a black and white line-art colouring book, so you can re-create the scenes yourself?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
More importantly, is Tim Carder [MENTION=831]The History Man[/MENTION] going to update his book Seagulls?

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
I for one would definitely buy a copy. I can imagine they would sell like hot cakes. Even if it's just the goals. Especially love a blue ray version. I can imagine it would be many fans "home from the pub" essential viewing. Box of tissues at the ready..... make of that what you will!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

I reckon a (double) DVD covering this season and last season would work best and would make a brilliant self-contained package. Part 1 full of the highs and lows and ultimate heartache, and the bowing out of Calde and BZ (gotta work those two Albion legends in!). Part 2, we go again...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here