Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Kit!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
You’re stuck in 2013, don’t think for one minute the Nike/Adidas/Pune etc sweatshops aren’t still pretty vile and oppressive. The Bangladesh Accord tries hard to improve it, but it’s an uphill battle that the billionaire owners of the sport ware brands are doing everything they can to fight. http://bangladeshaccord.org/

I've searched the list of remediated inspections and factories terminated. Do Nike operate under a different name in Bangladesh?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I've searched the list of remediated inspections and factories terminated. Do Nike operate under a different name in Bangladesh?

No, they’ve moved to other countries where the accord is less effective. Don’t get me wrong, they’ve improved in the sub continent, where they had to, but not so much in countries that are not so fussed.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
No, they’ve moved to other countries where the accord is less effective. Don’t get me wrong, they’ve improved in the sub continent, where they had to, but not so much in countries that are not so fussed.

My last season's shirt says made in Bangladesh. :shrug:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
My last season's shirt says made in Bangladesh. :shrug:

Well that’s a start, the two seasons previous they were made in Thailand. I guess whichever way you look at it, very, very Are made in Europe any more, much less the U.K., there is exploitation due to cheap labour, it’s not like the workers are driving to the factories in VWs, Fords, Nissans and the like, they aren’t living in suburbia, or even in accommodation we would accepts, and there are still horror stories coming out of Thailand, Vietnam, China as well as India, Bangladesh Malaysia and elsewhere. But then that’s much the same if you shop at pretty much any high street clothing store, or online vendor.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Here we are.

Could be better, could be worse. 6/10

C7633B38-1A9A-431C-81FC-A18284409660.jpeg

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
All blue Adidas PLEASE!

PB obviously doesn't have kids or doesn't buy these for his kids, way too much white

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I thought for a second we had signed another keeper then I realised who it was. Tactics for away games is clearly defence playing 11 goalkeepers then.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I love them both. Loving the retro 1970s feel to the home shirt and adoring the very, very retro away strip. Naturally we'll get some excuses re being the same colour as the grass and misplacing passes etc. BUT it didn't stop the boys of the 1890s finding each other and scoring some jolly good goals.

Splendid.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here