T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.jpg
Shame were not sticking with Errea, quite like this little number myself

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've just had an epiphany. I've found a couple of Nike shirts I actually like. The France World Cup away (and in fact home) shirt that's just been launched. Both lovely. I bet we wouldn't get anything nearly as classy, but I can hope.

Also like the Puma Italy one as launched today too.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I've just had an epiphany. I've found a couple of Nike shirts I actually like. The France World Cup away (and in fact home) shirt that's just been launched. Both lovely. I bet we wouldn't get anything nearly as classy, but I can hope.

Also like the Puma Italy one as launched today too.

Googled this to have a peak and discovered that apparently FIFA have ordered teams to wear single colour kits in Brazil to enhance 'high definition tv pictures' The hosts have rightly ignored them, as have France who will wear blue with white shorts but England, Germany (both all white) Spain (all red) Portugal (dark red) and Italy (all blue) are amoung the teams that have fallen into line...

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
OK, IF we get Nike, the chances of us having anything like a unique kit are practically zero. Outside of the premiership, nobody got anything other than teamwear straight out of the catalogue. We WILL NOT get a kit as nice as Porto's.

We'll have a standard striped template with yellow accents I'd imagine. I've done a mockup of what I expect which I'll upload later. But here are the teams if you'd like to take a look...

Premier League
Arsenal
Everton
Man City
Man United

Championship
Barnsley
Charlton
Blackburn

League One
Leyton Orient
Bradford
Peterborough
Preston

League 2
Oxford
Scunthorpe
Southend
York City

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Googled this to have a peak and discovered that apparently FIFA have ordered teams to wear single colour kits in Brazil to enhance 'high definition tv pictures' The hosts have rightly ignored them, as have France who will wear blue with white shorts but England, Germany (both all white) Spain (all red) Portugal (dark red) and Italy (all blue) are amoung the teams that have fallen into line...

It's only for two or three games. No drama.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Thankfully Croatia (how would that work?) and Holland have also ignored Blatter and Co.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Hertha Berlin's current Nike shirt is lovely and in the same blue and white as the Albion.

Said it before and I will say it again, I would love the Albion to have a version of the Ajax kit with blue where the red is.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thankfully Croatia (how would that work?) and Holland have also ignored Blatter and Co.

I can't for the life of me see how teams wearing the same colour shirts and shorts is in any way going to enhance HD television pictures?

I could watch- purely as an example, you understand, there's no reason to otherwise- The One Show on BBC1 HD, and I don't find it confuses my brain in any way if that vacant Welsh woman who presents it isn't wearing the same colour shoes and dress. Can someone please explain the logic behind FIFA's decision here?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
So Spoken to someone who actually knows what they are talking about, not going to say title or name, however they confirmed nothing has been signed yet, however if it was to be Nike it would be a bespoke kit and not one off the hanger so to speak.

No I dont believe that would mean purely our own design however it wouldnt be the cheap shit that Charlton and Burnley wear right now, we would have the same standard of kit as a Prem team would. This is largely due to impressive kit sales and our growing fan base shown under erra.

However as of last night, nothing was signed sealed or delivered.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So Spoken to someone who actually knows what they are talking about, not going to say title or name, however they confirmed nothing has been signed yet, however if it was to be Nike it would be a bespoke kit and not one off the hanger so to speak.

No I dont believe that would mean purely our own design however it wouldnt be the cheap shit that Charlton and Burnley wear right now, we would have the same standard of kit as a Prem team would. This is largely due to impressive kit sales and our growing fan base shown under erra.

However as of last night, nothing was signed sealed or delivered.

You see, I think if we were going with a particular manufacturer for next season, it would have already been done, purely because of the lead in time. New kit launches are getting earlier and earlier, clubs often like to announce them (or even wear them) before the end of the preceding season, though I accept we have no real tradition of that.

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
I can't for the life of me see how teams wearing the same colour shirts and shorts is in any way going to enhance HD television pictures?

I could watch- purely as an example, you understand, there's no reason to otherwise- The One Show on BBC1 HD, and I don't find it confuses my brain in any way if that vacant Welsh woman who presents it isn't wearing the same colour shoes and dress. Can someone please explain the logic behind FIFA's decision here?

Nope, can't for the life of me think why they are doing this. After all, increased kit sales would bring more money to the FA and kit manufacturers (with maybe a percentage going to FIFA for a special World Cup (TM) kit?) The extra interest in people seeing the new kits would increase tv audience figures which would increase the money tv companies would have to pay FIFA and the amount of money FIFA could charge advertisers too. Whatever the reasons I'm sure FIFA have done it for the good of the game. ???

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
You see, I think if we were going with a particular manufacturer for next season, it would have already been done, purely because of the lead in time. New kit launches are getting earlier and earlier, clubs often like to announce them (or even wear them) before the end of the preceding season, though I accept we have no real tradition of that.

Unless he didnt want to tell me it was 100% signed then maybe thats the case, however I have no reason what so ever to not believe him, we are not talking a memeber of staff from the club shop here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here