Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I presume it varies from country to country, at the moment as I understand it Spain invoices the cost to the DHSS. How it works in France etc. I know not.

It does vary country to country; you need insurance here in Germany for example. I am certain Spain doesn't invoice the NHS though; I'm certain the NHS contributes a fixed amount per person. Need to head out now but will find out more later.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Is this the same trade deal which has just collapsed yet again due to differences in standards? The main barriers to trade between the US and the EU are not traditional tariff barriers but the differing regulatory regimes that operate on either side of the Atlantic. America and Europe have different views on everything from GM food to safety standards on cars. I therefore find it very very hard to believe your somewhat extreme version of events will unfold. Protect fear alive and well in the Brexit camp?

you must be thinkg of some other trade deal as TTIP hasnt collapsed yet. im sure you do find it dificult to believe as you think nothing negative can ever come from EU, fact is US standard meat and food stuffs will be allowed into the EU despite member nations currently banning produce of similar standards.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So the Remain camp keep saying us Brexit'ers can't answer questions about the future - here's a video showing that even they can answer the same questions : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHgiKKCuKp0

But of course they will ignore the questions entirely ......

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
What an admission! Speaking in Witney on the day Project Fear (aka the EU Remain campaign) launched its biggest bid so far to persuade Britons to vote to stay in the EU at the June 23 referendum, Prime Minister David Cameron just made what may be a fatal mistake.

Seeking to mobilise the Remain vote in an impassioned speech filled with the standard scare tactics about impoverishment if we Brexit, he said on Saturday that the referendum was much more important than any vote we may cast in a British general election.

So, the mask finally slips. If the question of whether we stay in the EU or not is more important than a British general election then that can only be because it is at the European level that the real power now truly resides.

In other words, our national democracy is indeed fatally compromised by our membership of the EU. We are subordinate to Brussels, as the Brexit camp has always stressed. And now David Cameron, after months and years of denial, has unwittingly admitted it.
http://www.thecommentator.com/article/6309/breaking_cameron_s_massive_gaffe_in_defence_of_the_eu

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
So Cameron has managed to get the IMF to publish a report on June 17 telling us we are all doomed if we vote leave.

I seriously detest this man and his pathetic scaremongering.He truly is pond life.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
What an admission! Speaking in Witney on the day Project Fear (aka the EU Remain campaign) launched its biggest bid so far to persuade Britons to vote to stay in the EU at the June 23 referendum, Prime Minister David Cameron just made what may be a fatal mistake.

Seeking to mobilise the Remain vote in an impassioned speech filled with the standard scare tactics about impoverishment if we Brexit, he said on Saturday that the referendum was much more important than any vote we may cast in a British general election.

So, the mask finally slips. If the question of whether we stay in the EU or not is more important than a British general election then that can only be because it is at the European level that the real power now truly resides.

In other words, our national democracy is indeed fatally compromised by our membership of the EU. We are subordinate to Brussels, as the Brexit camp has always stressed. And now David Cameron, after months and years of denial, has unwittingly admitted it.
http://www.thecommentator.com/article/6309/breaking_cameron_s_massive_gaffe_in_defence_of_the_eu

This is extremely thin. There is no slipping mask. Cameron has compared the EU referendum to a general election before, pointing out that the referendum decision is permanent whereas a general election choice lasts for just five years. It is in that sense that it is more important. Other commentators frequently made the same point about the Scottish referendum. The website you quote is a fast-spinning Brexit PR machine.

D

Deleted member 22389

Brexit The Movie (FULL), it makes even more sense why we should vote Leave on 23rd. Watch it. The EU has stifled trade, it's undemocratic.

After watching this movie, it will put things in to real perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:

D

Deleted member 22389

£4,300, lost per household due to Brexit

So if we are going to be £4,300 worse off, where is it coming from?

Your council tax is going up whether we Remain or Leave, your energy bills will go up whether with we Remain or Leave, your insurance will go up whether we Remain or Leave, so unless someone gives me a proper breakdown of where I am going to lose £4,300, which they can't then I'm afraid this is just more scaremongering.

They are trying to blame Brexit for everything now, and they will blame Brexit for everything if we Leave. It's isolated thinking.
This country is good enough to strike it's own trade deals, other countries do and we are no different.

The EU seems to have poisoned everyones minds over the years. We are not leaving Europe, we will still go on holiday, we still buy their goods, they will still buy our goods, we are just leaving the trading block and tacking back control of our democracy, which sadly is being lost.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
£4,300, lost per household due to Brexit

Your first problem is that you are swallowing what the Tory Party want you to swallow, you are like a $10 crack whore, with no consciousness of your mental state, your sense of gratification is only assuaged when Cameron or Osbourne flop out a new statement or statistic like some BBC the size of a travel umbrella..........the you really get to work don't ya.......

Would every household lose £4,300?

No. The Treasury has arrived at the number by taking the annual gross domestic product of the economy, about £1.7tn. It has then assumed that the some of the benefits of EU membership – stronger trade growth, higher inward investment and improved productivity – would be lost.

Some inward investment has certainly come to the UK as a result of its membership of the single European market and it is likely that prospective Japanese, Chinese and Indian investors would seek alternative sites if Britain left. But it is hard to quantify these effects. The Treasury has assumed the economy would be 6.2% smaller. It has then divided a lower GDP figure by the number of households to come up with the £4,300 figure.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics...-reality-check-uk-households-worse-off-brexit

D

Deleted member 22389

Security worse off too post Brexit, according to the experts

Which again I think is load of bollox. Security is the worst it has ever been, look at the borderless EU for starters and the hundreds, possibly thousands of refugees arriving in the EU every day, when is it going to stop, where is everyone going to go? Millions of people all heading to the EU.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here