Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No park and ride for Atletico game

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Maybe not but suspect the crowd might be a little larger than previous AMEX friendlies?

How many were there for the pre season friendly match when we played the European Cup holders? Can't remember if there was P&R for that game, I know I thought Eden Hazzard looked like an expensive mistake! :dunce:

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
£20 a ticket is reasonable considering the opposition, I've had several non-Albion supporting mates ask me about it and saying they'd be interested. I'd like to think we would get 18,000+ for the game. I sadly quite enjoy the preseason friendlies, no pressure, nice and relaxed, a few beers in the sunshine and a chance to see our new signings.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
£20 a ticket is reasonable considering the opposition, I've had several non-Albion supporting mates ask me about it and saying they'd be interested. I'd like to think we would get 18,000+ for the game. I sadly quite enjoy the preseason friendlies, no pressure, nice and relaxed, a few beers in the sunshine and a chance to see our new signings.

Sorry, but no way will we attract anything like that number.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How many were there for the pre season friendly match when we played the European Cup holders? Can't remember if there was P&R for that game, I know I thought Eden Hazzard looked like an expensive mistake! :dunce:

There wasn't P&R for that game. I was there.
Hazard has broken his ankle playing for Belgium.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

I beg to differ. Can see very many Spanish tourists/language students/Sports Direct zero hours contract employees on their rare day off being very interested in this one. Plus the Albion has now been blessed with the Premier League magical fairy dust which means that people just go stupid for no reason at all. Equivalent of a medieval pilgrimage to the shrine of St Someone Of Something to catch a glimpse of their miraculous metatarsal in a fancy box.

Same old half-arsed training exercise in the end to the rest of us tho eh? :moo:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
We easily could.
Playing the 4th-best team in Europe and with a squad containing some brand new big name players.

How many did we have for the game we played against the 1st best team in Europe a couple years ago?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Lazio, Sevilla, Norwich ! in recent years haven't attracted that sort of crowd agreed but Chelsea did (17K) although they opened the WSU just for their lot and they must have brought a few thousand. AM will have a hundred or so at best.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
So far most of my football mates have been pretty underwhelmed by this match but lots of my son's friends that have never seen a match at the Amex before seem really keen to go. Think it'll be a good chance for JCLs to catch a game.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Lazio, Sevilla, Norwich ! in recent years haven't attracted that sort of crowd agreed but Chelsea did (17K) although they opened the WSU just for their lot and they must have brought a few thousand. AM will have a hundred or so at best.

Well that's it, a high percentage of fans there that day, were Chelsea supporters, hence the inflated crowd.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Well that's it, a high percentage of fans there that day, were Chelsea supporters, hence the inflated crowd.

yes but there was also a hefty Albion turn out too. far in excess of other recent friendlies because it was a very attractive opponent and AM are certainly up there.
Chuck in a few expensive signings, the premier league shine, a sunny day and what looks like reasonable ticket prices - it could well be in the upper teens.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

I was there and I thought the same about Hazard:dunce:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Enjoyed the Chelsea game, a bit of bantz with Fat Frank although a tad miffed about having been moved to the Norff for that one.

'Here to see the Chelsea' was the roar.....wasn't to be honest..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here