Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace- do you want them to stay up?

Do you want the Palace to stay up / go down?

• Stay up

Votes: 52 24.6%
  • Go down

Votes: 159 75.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Why the hell would you want your big rival in another division:shrug: Any other view would be just spiteful?:(

Fair comment,some of us (well me) are are bitter..... Of the Coppell (the first era,bit from 1989 and our subsequent slide)...

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Why the hell would you want your big rival in another division:shrug: Any other view would be just spiteful?:(
Why the hell would you want your big rival to be in a league where they would be deemed as successful? Ask any man u fan if they'd like city to be in a lower Division and I'd bet most would love it.

No, i won't be satisfied until palace are in the Croydon league or whatever version of non league football they so richly deserve.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Down. But next season while we stay up. Nice.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yo don't remember any of these games then?

11 Sep 1946 Crystal Palace v Brighton and Hove Albion L 1-0 Division Three (South)
03 May 1947 Brighton and Hove Albion v Crystal Palace W 1-0 Division Three (South)
04 Oct 1947 Brighton and Hove Albion v Crystal Palace D 1-1 Division Three (South)
12 Apr 1948 Crystal Palace v Brighton and Hove Albion D 0-0 Division Three (South)
16 Oct 1948 Crystal Palace v Brighton and Hove Albion W 0-2 Division Three (South)
12 Mar 1949 Brighton and Hove Albion v Crystal Palace D 1-1 Division Three (South)
07 Jan 1950 Brighton and Hove Albion v Crystal Palace D 0-0 Division Three (South)
11 Feb 1950 Crystal Palace v Brighton and Hove Albion L 6-0 Division Three (South)
23 Sep 1950 Crystal Palace v Brighton and Hove Albion W 0-2 Division Three (South)
03 Feb 1951 Brighton and Hove Albion v Crystal Palace W 1-0 Division Three (South)
25 Dec 1951 Crystal Palace v Brighton and Hove Albion W 1-2 Division Three (South)
26 Dec 1951 Brighton and Hove Albion v Crystal Palace W 4-3 Division Three (South)
23 Aug 1952 Brighton and Hove Albion v Crystal Palace W 4-1 Division Three (South)
20 Dec 1952 Crystal Palace v Brighton and Hove Albion L 2-1 Division Three (South)
13 Mar 1954 Brighton and Hove Albion v Crystal Palace W 3-0 Division Three (South)
28 Apr 1954 Crystal Palace v Brighton and Hove Albion D 1-1 Division Three (South)
13 Nov 1954 Brighton and Hove Albion v Crystal Palace W 1-0 Division Three (South)
02 Apr 1955 Crystal Palace v Brighton and Hove Albion L 1-0 Division Three (South)
10 Sep 1955 Crystal Palace v Brighton and Hove Albion W 1-2 Division Three (South)
14 Jan 1956 Brighton and Hove Albion v Crystal Palace W 5-0 Division Three (South)
19 Apr 1957 Crystal Palace v Brighton and Hove Albion D 2-2 Division Three (South)
22 Apr 1957 Brighton and Hove Albion v Crystal Palace D 1-1 Division Three (South)
23 Nov 1957 Crystal Palace v Brighton and Hove Albion W 2-4 Division Three (South)
22 Mar 1958 Brighton and Hove Albion v Crystal Palace W 3-2 Division Three (South)
01 Sep 1962 Crystal Palace v Brighton and Hove Albion D 2-2 League Division Three

The game at the end is sort of known as the game that started the rivalry as Palace had just come down from the Top Flight,it was first game of the season and they had a large following.

Before then fans for some reason saw Reading and Portsmouth as rivals-in a sense we should be rival-less and insignificant to some respect,for this reason it's a honor (for me personally) that Palace see us as rivals,no matter what one thinks of them..

Edit: one of the first games>? not sure

I remember playing those games but they had no great significance as to rivalry.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
There's nothing worse for a Palace fan than Brighton being in a division above them. To think those plastic seaweeds are above the mighty eagles is such an inconceivable thought that I don't think some of them could handle it. I would fancy the odd Derby, but even if it was just for one season I'd love it if those Nigels were below us.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
5-0. At least they're trying to go down.

5-live co-commentator said:-

'Well City really don't deserve to win this 5-0'.
'But palace, should be grateful that's all it was, 0-5 flatters that performance'. :lol: :bowdown:

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
There's nothing worse for a Palace fan than Brighton being in a division above them. To think those plastic seaweeds are above the mighty eagles is such an inconceivable thought that I don't think some of them could handle it. I would fancy the odd Derby, but even if it was just for one season I'd love it if those Nigels were below us.

Albion have actually got a good record against Palace head to head games since the war ,winning 28 and losing 18 if my counting is correct .Not many fans old enough to remember before the war .

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Three defeats on the bounce and not scored a goal either, not looking good for them

We've got no centre backs. Sakho, Dann, Tomkins all out for the rest of the season and Delaney's legs have totally gone. We were forced to play Schlupp (a left winger) and Kelly (a right back) at CB today. We won't pick up another point this season; we're relying on Swansea or Hull failing to win their 3 remaining games now.

If Sam hadn't managed to lead us to wins over Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool before the injury crisis, relegation would be a certainty.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Get relegated. But I don't think they will sadly.

Even if Hull win today and beat them next week, I don't see Swansea getting the 7 points they need to overtake Palace.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Albion have actually got a good record against Palace head to head games since the war ,winning 28 and losing 18 if my counting is correct .Not many fans old enough to remember before the war .

My second cousin, who's 91, was a regular attendee in the late 1930s, but she has never mentioned Palarse. As others have noted, Palarse meant nothing to a Brighton supporter as late as the early 1970s. I remember standing on the East terrace, with the Palarse lot only a few feet away, so little concern was there about a need for segregation, and everything passed of quietly.

WRT now, my own take, as I have probably mentioned previously, is that Shitehole 'Park' away is a ghastly experience, owing to the fact the old bill use the game for terrorist training and 'kettling' practice, and that I do not appreciate being directed away from my car and having to run a gauntlet of little Palarse monkeys in their black traccy tops and paramilitary shell suits, looking for some poor ******* to attack. And at home, I can't stand the overblown anguish when we drop a goal (or a game) to them. Overall, it is a 'no' from me. Down with them!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here