Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle United (and West Ham) under investigation over transfers

theroyal

May 11, 2014
Here's a convoluted scenario... the 6th placed team finishes on 78 points, Newcastle lose both their remaining games and finish on 88 points, and are then docked 10 points. They'd knock the other team out and finish 6th on virtue of a having a higher goal difference.

I'd be mightily pissed off if I was the team that missed out because of another team breaking the rules!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Here's a convoluted scenario... the 6th placed team finishes on 78 points, Newcastle lose both their remaining games and finish on 88 points, and are then docked 10 points. They'd knock the other team out and finish 6th on virtue of a having a higher goal difference.

I'd be mightily pissed off if I was the team that missed out because of another team breaking the rules!

The answer is to deduct 11 points.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Deduct them points!😂

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[MENTION=35039]The Fish[/MENTION]'s alternate facts on this should be fun.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009

No they wouldn't. The team that finished 6th, would actually end up in 5th!

The team that finished 3rd would move up to take 2nd and everyone would follow.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here