Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bad things about being in the PL

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
The best we can probably hope for every season is a mid table finish. More likely we'll be fighting against relegation. No more promotions!

I won't be surprised if people down the line will say this was one of the greatest seasons Brighton has ever had, for good reason.

I will miss how good this season was, and it'll have been a pleasure to have gone every step of the way.

Hopefully the last home game at Bristol City will be a warm send off to the Championship and this season. It has been one hell of a ride, but it's time to move on in what will hopefully be a new era for the club.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
MNF or Monday Night Football, personal reasons, my wife works Mondays and will never be back from Southampton in time for me to get to Monday night games. Using Boro as a barometer to how sky will treat us next season Boro played 5 Monday night games this season (Or will have in the end). On the up side they played 20 games on a Saturday and 8 on a Sunday.

Is that rght? Eurgh, I hate Monday night football matches.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The best we can probably hope for every season is a mid table finish. More likely we'll be fighting against relegation. No more promotions!

There's always the Europa League to aim for. Spoilt established PL clubs may turn up their noses - and that's the agenda that dominates the national media - but I'd be bloody delighted to see Albion play in Europe for what is effectively the UEFA Cup. Before Sky so successfully persuaded everyone the PL is all that matters, fans (and players) used to be well up for that. And abroad they still are. It amuses me that in England we seem to think we're above it somehow - and yet we are hardly ever able to win it!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Is that rght? Eurgh, I hate Monday night football matches.

The problem we face is that Sky tend to schedule the teams they're contractually obliged to show - rather than the ones that generate the biggest audiences - for the Monday night slot on Champions League weeks. So get those in your diary as soon as the fixtures are out. Unfortunately, in a big pool, we'll be little fish and in that category.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here