Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Home Kit 2017-18

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Nike are in it to make money, they cater for the majority not for the outsize market.

Surely that's the same thing in the US

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I love the kit thread; it's honestly one of the best parts of the summer.

* 50 threads asking, "Are we getting a new kit?"
* 500 replies that we are.
* 50 more threads asking "Are we getting a new kit?
* Confirmation (again) that we are getting a new kit.
* 20 fan-designed, photoshopped 'new kits' appear on NSC / facebook / twitter. All will be nicer than real ones.
* Except one which will be horrible.
* One of the above 20 will gain traction on social media as the rumoured new kit, to great excitement.
* Excitement punctured by reposting of original "Here's my photoshop design for a new kit" post, from weeks earlier.
* Club release teaser images of a tiny bit of blue polyester
* Club announce release date
* Club miss release date
* Conjecture that release is delayed by the big unveil of new star striker (from Argentina)
* Confirmation that it is actually due to a production issue
* Kit launched!
* Everyone moans about kit
* Everyone moans that kit they moaned about, isn't yet available to buy
* Kit that everyone moans about breaks all previous sales records

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
* 50 threads asking, "Are we getting a new kit?"
* 500 replies that we are.
* 50 more threads asking "Are we getting a new kit?
* Confirmation (again) that we are getting a new kit.
* 20 fan-designed, photoshopped 'new kits' appear on NSC / facebook / twitter. All will be nicer than real ones.
* Except one which will be horrible.
* One of the above 20 will gain traction on social media as the rumoured new kit, to great excitement.
* Excitement punctured by reposting of original "Here's my photoshop design for a new kit" post, from weeks earlier.
* Club release teaser images of a tiny bit of blue polyester
* Club announce release date
* Club miss release date
* Conjecture that release is delayed by the big unveil of new star striker (from Argentina)
* Confirmation that it is actually due to a production issue
* Kit launched!
* Everyone moans about kit
* Everyone moans that kit they moaned about, isn't yet available to buy
* Kit that everyone moans about breaks all previous sales records

It wouldn't be summer without it :clap:

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Oh are we getting a new Kit for next Season ? Will it be in the shop before my summer holiday ? (Just thought I'd beat the rush ) ;o)

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
When they announced the 25% discounts on kit for the first four days or so of April to make "Brighton blue and white" the cynic in me thought nothing more than "Oh there's a new home kit on it's way and they're trying to shift old stock . . .

el punal

Call me old fashioned but the one mistake of two major ones we made going to the top flight in 1979 was removing the north roof in 1980 and not replacing it.......until after relegation,the 2nd was an all blue kit..in season 2......let's hope these mistakes are not repeated.....unless of course Dicks is re located and a further 5,000 seats are added to the North.

You're old fashioned! But then so am I.

With regard to our last promotion to the "big time", I felt embarrassed that the Goldstone was a typical third division ground and that no improvement had been made to upgrade it. At the time I thought that the club could have extended the West Stand properly rather than build that monstrous "Lego/Meccano" effort. Still, I suppose that was par for the course in the late seventies, get the best players in and sod the frivolous off the pitch stuff.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Either-

We ditch Nike or we are not in stripes. Hopefully the former and not the latter.

Option 3 of course is that Nike have come around to not doing stick on sponsors as they do for some teams in the world (listen to this weeks Albion Roar podcast on this).

Nike or no Nike, if we ditch the stripes next season then I am going to go POSTAL

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
We are constantly told that people are getting bigger now so there must be a demand and for further proof just have a look around the concourses at The Amex.

Not all of us. I'm quite pleased to have found that the Junior XL size fits me perfectly - saved a fortune!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I think we are going to ditch the stripes... I can feel it.

It is a sort-of modern day tradition. In recent memory, Wigan, Southampton and Hull have all got promoted to the premier league and ditched their stripes.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I really hope the relationship with Nike ends very soon. Personally, I'd love an Under Armour kit or Asics (unlikely as that would be!).

I'd also like them to come out with a line of Albion branded running gear, not just the replica kit, but proper running gear. Errea did a compression shirt with the Albion badge, I have a few of those and love it - top quality compression shirt with the Albion badge on the chest. The players wear this type of shirt, but it's never been available to buy which is a shame.

I'd have thought the club would realise how big the running market is, how many Brighton fans are avid runners and how well these products would sell.

I'd buy that for considerably more than a dollar.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I was listening to three guys chatting on the train from Brighton to Falmer before the Blackburn match, one of the guys works for Nike, he claimed he has been working on bespoke new Nike home and away kits for Brighton for next season. He said with this new contact shirts can be manufactured a lot more quickly for a Premiership club.

He also mentioned designing a bespoke women's England shirt.

Can only go on what I heard on face value and will wait to see what happens

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What about for a Premier League club?

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I really hope the relationship with Nike ends very soon. Personally, I'd love an Under Armour kit or Asics (unlikely as that would be!).

I'd also like them to come out with a line of Albion branded running gear, not just the replica kit, but proper running gear. Errea did a compression shirt with the Albion badge, I have a few of those and love it - top quality compression shirt with the Albion badge on the chest. The players wear this type of shirt, but it's never been available to buy which is a shame.

I'd have thought the club would realise how big the running market is, how many Brighton fans are avid runners and how well these products would sell.

A blue colour way of the stoke kit would be lovely (from my memory of what it looks like). Good stripes.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
We are constantly told that people are getting bigger now so there must be a demand and for further proof just have a look around the concourses at The Amex.

Yea they are, but we shouldn't be condoning it by moving the sizes up for fat people. Sorry, but fat people can lose weight, it is possible. All sorts of benefits too, like not dying sooner.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I think we are going to ditch the stripes... I can feel it.

It is a sort-of modern day tradition. In recent memory, Wigan, Southampton and Hull have all got promoted to the premier league and ditched their stripes.

I would put money on us not ditching the stripes. REMF bet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here