Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kodi streams

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
So, bit annoying regarding Kodi side loaded onto my iPad and iPhone.

Used Xcode (apple developer tools) to effectively load Kodi onto the devices as if you were developing your own app. Previously you'd get 90 days then need to load it on again. However now it seems Apple have either changed its rules or there is a bit of a bug where Kodi lasts 7 days and you can't keep loading it on. So unless you jailbrake your Apple iOS device, it looks like curtains for now. Bugger. (Still works fine on a Mac running OS X though.)

Have you tried naming it something different ???

Zamora 25

Mar 11, 2008
Brighton
I have a MXQ android box with kodi on and im a big fan of UK Turk addon but im unable to get mine working again, was all fine before it went offline,
and now it is back online again all i have when i open the addon is: Search & Favourites

I have tried Uninstalling the repo and reinstalling and the same for the addon but still no luck? this is also happening on my PC

Running Jarvis 16.0 on both devices

Any help would be appreciated

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town

Used Xcode (apple developer tools) to effectively load Kodi onto the devices as if you were developing your own app. Previously you'd get 90 days then need to load it on again. However now it seems Apple have either changed its rules or there is a bit of a bug where Kodi lasts 7 days and you can't keep loading it on. So unless you jailbrake your Apple iOS device, it looks like curtains for now. Bugger. (Still works fine on a Mac running OS X though.)

I'm int he same boat as you on this, having had a google apparently one way aorund it is to buy a personal certificate formt hese guys https://udidregistrations.com/ they add you to their developer team which allows you to download the latest developer versions of IOS but apparently it also gives you expiry of aorund a year. Needs more investigation but they are only charging $3.99 so might be worth a go.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
I'm an iOS developer, so the reason you have to keep reloading it is that Apple's provisioning system is *very* restricted. You're allowed to register up to 100 devices to use on your developer certificate (which is $100 a year) so essentially what UDID Registrations are doing is adding you to their approved devices list.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I'm an iOS developer, so the reason you have to keep reloading it is that Apple's provisioning system is *very* restricted. You're allowed to register up to 100 devices to use on your developer certificate (which is $100 a year) so essentially what UDID Registrations are doing is adding you to their approved devices list.

Good way making some cash then buy a $100 developer license and sell each udid for $4 making $300 profit.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I have a MXQ android box with kodi on and im a big fan of UK Turk addon but im unable to get mine working again, was all fine before it went offline,
and now it is back online again all i have when i open the addon is: Search & Favourites

I have tried Uninstalling the repo and reinstalling and the same for the addon but still no luck? this is also happening on my PC

Running Jarvis 16.0 on both devices

Any help would be appreciated

Kodi has been updated, it is now on 16.1. That may be why you are having issues.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015

One of the main reasons why I got rid of my Iphone. Great phone but I like being able to do what I want with it and not what apple say I can.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Kodi has been updated, it is now on 16.1. That may be why you are having issues.

I am still on 16.0 and having no trouble with my addons. When I want to eventually update on my firestick do I need to uninstall kodi and start again?

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013

To be up to date with UK tv Turk, follow him on Twitter, where he keeps you up to date with what the current situation and has links to his 'how to' YouTube vids.
I'm running kodi 14.something and still managed to load it after he refreshed it recently.
His Twitter is @uk_turk
Good luck.

Old Hadlothian

@san_miguel73
Jul 24, 2007
Borough of Crows
Kodi help needed - just inherited an ipad 3 running ios 9.3.1. Can't figure out how to install Kodi (I don't have a MAC, only Windows Vista)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Kodi help needed - just inherited an ipad 3 running ios 9.3.1. Can't figure out how to install Kodi (I don't have a MAC, only Windows Vista)

Unless you jailbreak the iPad (i.e. void any warranty and effectively hack the iOS so you're not limited to the App Store) it isn't possible. If you read a few posts previous, I was able to sideload Kodi onto an iPad from a Mac using developer tools, but it only lasted 90 days, which is now reduced to 7 days so is pointless. Jailbreaking is not to be taken lightly either, so make sure you do some thorough research before attempting it.

http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/ip...hone-ipad-ios-9-ios-8-pangu-9-3-beta-3427174/

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I have my own query for our Kodi community, so after my iPad kodi died, I got my old iBook G4 out of storage and have loaded XBMC v11 'Eden' build onto it. Trouble is, with the old PPC G4 hardware, and OSX 10.5.8 none of the present add-ons like Pheonix, Exodus, UK Turks etc. work as the scripts won't run. So does anyone know if there is a archive of older add-ons that would work, or is it a case of them constantly updating to keep up with the streams etc.? Am I flogging a dead horse trying to get even more life out of this 17 year old laptop!!?? (which still works well btw, Apple knockers!) :timmy:

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I had trouble but does a fresh install mean wiping the box or just deleting the kodi app? In either case will it mean reinstalling the repositories again?

Unfortunately yes but what I do is take a photo of all the repos then do it. Just so I don't forget which ones I'm running

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Unfortunately yes but what I do is take a photo of all the repos then do it. Just so I don't forget which ones I'm running

Shame ... as I've nothing else on the box I want/use does it make any difference if I wipe the box or uninstall Kodi

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I had trouble but does a fresh install mean wiping the box or just deleting the kodi app? In either case will it mean reinstalling the repositories again?

Just delete the app and reinstall, you will have to reinstall the repositories again. I have tried this-

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-backup-and-restore-xbmc-kodi/

It worked perfectly for me, but others have had issues. Basically, follow the instructions and you can save all your repos and have them back on the new install of kodi in a few minutes. Give it a try, if not just do a fresh install.

Last edited:

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I have my own query for our Kodi community, so after my iPad kodi died, I got my old iBook G4 out of storage and have loaded XBMC v11 'Eden' build onto it. Trouble is, with the old PPC G4 hardware, and OSX 10.5.8 none of the present add-ons like Pheonix, Exodus, UK Turks etc. work as the scripts won't run. So does anyone know if there is a archive of older add-ons that would work, or is it a case of them constantly updating to keep up with the streams etc.? Am I flogging a dead horse trying to get even more life out of this 17 year old laptop!!?? (which still works well btw, Apple knockers!) :timmy:

I would think that the old versions of addons would be virtualy useless. Seriously mate, buy a twenty pound box from ebay or a firestick. I would personally buy the box as I can see amazon doing everything they can soon to keep kodi from being available on there devices.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here