Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stagish things to do in Berlin.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Used to spend a lot of time in Berlin when I was based in Germany with the RAF...
The Irish Bar in the Europa Centre at the top of Kurfurstendam (by the bombed out church) is a good place.

For some adult entertainment Club La Poupee in Charlottenburg......( might be a bit tame now)

Also Mon Cheries near Charlottenburg station,......Used to have a nice bath on stage, where the 'ladies' would invite men...or so Im told.( I'm not sure if the district around Charlottenburg still exists as a red light area.

The Check point Charlie museum is worth a look but it wont be anywhere near as sinister as it was with the Berlin wall up, and us military types walking around in full uniform( If we did not wear uniform in EAst Berlin we would be treated as spies )
Good old days

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Irish Bar in the Europa Centre at the top of Kurfurstendam (by the bombed out church) is a good place.

One can do a lot better then this place.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
If you didn't like the München one you will not like the plastic Berlin one then. But, in Munich it's Augustiner all the way; their chestnut tree laden beer garden is wonderful.

I watched England v Sweden in that beer garden in 2012. A wonderful example of drinking efficiency.

The best Augistiner kellar / garden is the one in Salzburg, a truly superb place.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
There's a big old disused international airport complete with runway somewhere in East Berlin. Tried walking there once, from the nearest U-Bahn. Took bloody ages and never did make it, on account of only had a couple of hours til my plane left from the other airport. Probably a great photo-op, especially if you can commission a beer-bike to let you run AMOK there :cheers:

Templehof Airport

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Used to spend a lot of time in Berlin when I was based in Germany with the RAF...

For some adult entertainment Club La Poupee in Charlottenburg......( might be a bit tame now)

Also Mon Cheries near Charlottenburg station,......Used to have a nice bath on stage, where the 'ladies' would invite men...or so Im told.( I'm not sure if the district around Charlottenburg still exists as a red light area.

The Check point Charlie museum is worth a look but it wont be anywhere near as sinister as it was with the Berlin wall up, and us military types walking around in full uniform( If we did not wear uniform in EAst Berlin we would be treated as spies )
Good old days

I really liked the Checkpoint Charlie Museum. Amongst other things it showed all the ingenious methods people used to escape from East Berlin to West Berlin. One that stuck in my mind was the man who had worked out the height of the checkpoint barrier. He hired a low slung sports car, removed the windscreen, let some air out of the tyres to lower the car a bit more and just drove straight under the barrier with his East German girlfriend and her mother hiding in the back.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/07/berlin-wall-escape-stories_n_6090602.html
o-HEINZ-MEIXNER-570.jpg

Last edited:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Going on my self exploratory holiday on my own this Summer, London - Berlin for a week then on to Auschwitz in Poland for a couple of days.
All by 1st class train much more exciting and for not a massive price either.
Cant wait i wish i had time to go to my once home town of Bielefeld though. Maybe next year !

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
[MENTION=4667]Munkfish[/MENTION]
[MENTION=7142]Vatican Citys No.2 Keeper[/MENTION]

I assume you guys are going towards the end of this month? Please let me know how it goes and what you'd recommend!

I'm best man and have the duties of sorting out a stag do (30th April - 2nd May, 16 people) and need to start looking at things to do. We will be staying in the Alexanderplatz area.

More suggestions from others welcome!

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
[MENTION=4667]Munkfish[/MENTION]
[MENTION=7142]Vatican Citys No.2 Keeper[/MENTION]

I assume you guys are going towards the end of this month? Please let me know how it goes and what you'd recommend!

I'm best man and have the duties of sorting out a stag do (30th April - 2nd May, 16 people) and need to start looking at things to do. We will be staying in the Alexanderplatz area.

More suggestions from others welcome!

If you're arriving on the 30th, you're sadly too late for the Union Berlin fixture who are playing on the Friday night that weekend. Hertha are away. If you're looking for a game, you could do a lot worse than head to SV Babelsberg who are at home on the Sunday, KO 13.30.

http://babelsberg03.de/

The stadium is in the Potsdam area, so a fairly straightforward and quick S Bahn ride from most parts of Berlin. They play at Regionaliga Level which is League 2 equivalent. The stadium has plenty of terracing and very English in design compared to other grounds at that level which are often variations of Withdean.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
[MENTION=4667]Munkfish[/MENTION] [MENTION=7142]Vatican Citys No.2 Keeper[/MENTION]

How was it guys?

Had a great time. The Trains are great and cheap. However one train was delayed by 10 minutes.

But as for bars do your research and find something close as with any large city things are spread out.

Id recommend the stock market bar. I cant recall its name but basically the bars prices go up and down in value depending on populrity and all the prices are on screen. Our group had a great time.

Id avoid doing any stag activities and explore berlin lots to do and See however groups of Men as in any city isnt great. So make sure you book in advance where you can.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills