Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swearing in front of kid.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
I think he's worried about the example I am setting my children - which is exactly what the wife would say

lets be honest, if they didn't hear it at football / from me, then they'd have heard it as soon as they start school. someone told my 4 yr old that santa didn't exist & its just your parents buying the presents - that upset me more

Exactly - see post #3 from Bensgrandad too

I do swear sometimes - try hard not to but it just slips out on occasions. I know what its like growing up with swearing - i have a 16 month old granddaughter and I make sure I don't say norty words in front of her.

Jules

Jan 17, 2013
Swearing in front of young children is totally unacceptable. Unfortunately with the working class trades people you hear it all the time. The middle class have no excuse.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Swearing in front of young children is totally unacceptable. Unfortunately with the working class trades people you hear it all the time. The middle class have no excuse.

Really let me self down yesterday, been taking my 8 year old grandson this season and have managed to keep the swearing in check until yesterday, when that **** Denny Fox gave it large in front of the north stand at final whistle, I let him have a major "f#ck off". The look of horror on my lads face was priceless!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
someone told my 4 yr old that santa didn't exist & its just your parents buying the presents - that upset me more
WTF! Who said that, some random at football?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
So to continue from my initial post, for it was I that started it all.
Why is swearing at football acceptable? In a restaurant I would ask the person with a foul mouth to tone it right down. I've done it before on a train. But at football it is a working class thing where men relieve their weeks tension and let loose without women, well it was before.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
If you were in a restaurant where one set of staff tried to prepare and serve you a meal, while another set of staff kept trying to stop you eating and serve the food to someone you really didn't like instead... You would swear a lot like you do at football

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I take my 7yr old son he has been going with us since he was 8wks old and now a season ticket holder. I don't make an issue of swearing mostly it goes over his head. But he knows what he hears at football he doesn't say at home. So far no problems! It only bothers me if someone looses it and is very loud as they upsets my son more then the actual language.

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
7/8 year old at swimming pool today: "Ryan is a w****r"
Father - "where did you learn that word?"
Child - "they say it at school".
Father - "well don't f****ng say it again or I will take your f****ng PS4 away for a week. Now put your f****ng shoes on.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
7/8 year old at swimming pool today: "Ryan is a w****r"
Father - "where did you learn that word?"
Child - "they say it at school".
Father - "well don't f****ng say it again or I will take your f****ng PS4 away for a week. Now put your f****ng shoes on.

Top parenting, well done. They have to learn.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This is a picture of my 12 year old flicking Vs at Dougie Freedman yesterday.

DSC_0274.jpg

And I'd like to think that when I shuffle off this mortal coil, he will teach his children to do the same. You can't have a footie match without a bit of profanities. It's not natural.

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
I take my 7yr old son he has been going with us since he was 8wks old and now a season ticket holder. I don't make an issue of swearing mostly it goes over his head. But he knows what he hears at football he doesn't say at home. So far no problems! It only bothers me if someone looses it and is very loud as they upsets my son more then the actual language.

Exactly,see post 21.

bn3gunner

Feb 12, 2007
I didn't know what upset me more,waitrose withdrawing free coffee or finding out people swear at soccer games, it's going to cost us a fortune for counselling, glad to know I'm not alone in my plight, maybe we can start a crusade together, in fact I find the chanting equally offensive ,especially that Sussex by the sea song, why can't we just watch the game without acting like cave men.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Some people become very precious about swearing at football. Most children will hear as bad if not worse at school and in the general environment. My niece is a primary school teacher and says she gets told to F...Off at least a couple of times every week by 5 -7 year olds.

That's terrible and shouldn't be accepted as "the norm".

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
If you were in a restaurant where one set of staff tried to prepare and serve you a meal, while another set of staff kept trying to stop you eating and serve the food to someone you really didn't like instead... You would swear a lot like you do at football

I'd eat there on a saturday... it would be very entertaining. Can I wear the same colours as one of the sets of waiters? Will the Maitre d' be a short, bald, over-important tw@t dressed in black who couldn't spot one of the waiters touching my food with an out-stretched arm if his life depended on it? "Potato to Hand" my f**king a**e!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here