Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*BIG news for WWE Wrestling fans*

Acker79

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Sky sports would be my guess, too. If there was a technical problem I'd imagine that what would be mentioned. But, the network was on its way when they signed their last deal, so it should have been factored in.

Acker79

Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Sky (kinda) denying it's them https://sky.response.lithium.com/portal/conversation/2429894

Some suggestion that it was more a technical issue. Since the made November a free month for anyone signing up, a lot of US customers cancelled their subscription, then signed back up for free, as well as lapsed subscribers coming back for the free month, meant they were really taking a hit and decided to delay the UK launch so as to not add more people to that sign up load.

Things like this are hardly going to encourage technophobes to switch to the network from their regular PPV provider.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC

Acker79

Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm open to signing up to pay for it online. I have no interest in paying for another sky channel. Unless it's included in the sports package I have, I won't be getting it as part of sky.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
My guess is that the TV rights deal signed between WWE and Sky which runs until 2019 will have to be re-negotiated. I think Sky will strip out all its existing WWE programming from the Sky Sports channels in order to launch a standalone channel which mirrors what is available online as a Canadian broadcaster has already done this.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Surely a lot of the point of the Network though is the back catalogue of stuff that's available on demand? Take that away, and it suddenly becomes a LOT less appealing, for me at least.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Gutted. More evidence of Sky destroying sport. Only morons own TVs, this way a way the people who are not knuckle-dragging seat-sniffing TV-owning shit-for-braneses (ie me) could watch WWE. I want to see McMahon v Murdoch in a TLC game to decide it. Otherwise it's all just sad to unquantifiable levels. I am sad *sad face* :(

Acker79

Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There are reports on pwinsider that several other people have contacted sky and they've denied they are in negotiations.

Also, pretty much every network tweet is being met with comments of varying degree of safe-for-work-ness. https://twitter.com/WWENetwork

Acker79

Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
January 19th now. Will be £9.99, not $9.99 (a difference of about £3.40). I read recently that Sky are upping the price they charge for PPVs as well, coupled with the four that aired on sky sports each year now being moved over to sky box office.

I don't think I'm enjoying the product enough at the moment to pay £10 a month. If I want to watch a PPV I might give it a go, but at the moment don't see that happening until Mania (which I get out of tradition even if the card isn't that strong).

Press release
WWE® NETWORK COMES TO THE UK AND IRELAND

STAMFORD, Conn., January 4, 2015 – Beginning Monday, January 19, WWE Network will be available in the UK for £9.99 per month and Ireland for €12.99 per month on a direct-to-consumer basis, with no commitment and the ability to cancel any time. Fans will be able to sign up in time to watch Royal Rumble® LIVE on Sunday, January 25 and see which WWE Superstar competes for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania® 31.

WWE Network subscribers in the UK and Ireland will have access to the U.S. English language version of WWE Network with all 12 annual pay-per-view events LIVE at no additional cost, 24/7 scheduled programming and the most comprehensive video-on-demand library with more than 2,700 hours of content, including every WWE, WCW and ECW pay-per-view.

“We are thrilled to start the new year by offering WWE Network directly to our fans in the UK and Ireland,” said Vince McMahon, WWE Chairman & CEO. “I want to thank our fans in the UK and Ireland for their patience, and I’m confident it will be well worth the wait.”

Like other digital subscription services, such as Netflix and Hulu Plus, fans are able to sign up online by going to WWE.com and can watch WWE Network on their TV through connected devices such as Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku streaming devices, Sony Playstation 3, Sony Playstation 4, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and Smart TVs including Sony and Samsung.

WWE Network programming includes groundbreaking original series, reality shows, documentaries, classic matches, exclusive coverage of special events and more. The U.S. English language version of WWE Network is available direct to consumer in more than 170 countries and territories.​

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Yeah, not really worth it at the moment I don't think. I record the Raw/Smackdown shows each week but I find myself skipping through them a lot more than I used to.

Also feel a little annoyed at the increased price for UK subscribers.

The best things the Network will provide is NXT (have heard from those with Sky packages that it's apparently been taken off their schedule recently?) and the archive of matches from years gone by.

Having PPVs as part of that package is a great thing, but as with others is not something I will go out and buy each month. For example, I'll probably watch the Royal Rumble at a pub somewhere in Brighton, and will do the same with Wrestlemania.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'll go for it, but with far more interest in the archive content than the current stuff as it stands.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Today is the day and, unlike last time, it's actually working.

I've already signed up - there really is an impressive range of archive stuff on there and that's before you start looking towards the PPVs.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Today is the day and, unlike last time, it's actually working.

I've already signed up - there really is an impressive range of archive stuff on there and that's before you start looking towards the PPVs.

It became available this time last week after they took down the geoblocks in preparation.

It became available this time last week after they took down the geoblocks in preparation.

This. Signed up and been using it since this time last week. Mainly been watching old rumbles in the build-up to next Sunday along with NXT, but already loving it. Despite paying more than people in the US it's still great value for what you get!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here