Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FIFA 15 Demo is now available on XBOX One

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Remember doing that on the old ps2(?). I just couldn't help myself. Double tap. Wallop. Red card.

Also, I used to really like the early versions of FIFA Street, where it was anything-goes, and you could just smash your way through everyone. Then they changed it, and just turned it into small-sided FIFA, with more or less proper rules, and free kicks for everything. Stupid.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I was holding out that I would have a PS4 by now but money dictates that this will nto be happening.

So appears I will be getting Fifa 15 on my Xbox360 which im sure will still be great.

Of all the "new" features, are there any that won't be available of Xbox360 and PS3 versions? I'm thinking the graphical changes such as pitch markings and new crowd animations....

I think there is a completely new physics system on the PS4/Xbone and PC versions.

I miss whatever football game it was that you could take out the ref and then go on a fouling rampage.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I think there is a completely new physics system on the PS4/Xbone and PC versions.

I miss whatever football game it was that you could take out the ref and then go on a fouling rampage.
'Red Card' on the PS2? Didn't get much attention but it fully allowed you to dropkick Emile Heskey as much as you wanted. Glorious.

twiggles

Feb 14, 2014
Not sure if I should start a new thread or not but I presume there will be a few gamers in here! Did anyone pick up Destiny on the PS4 yesterday? I just purchased my first console in about 10 years just so I could play it! If anyone fancies grouping up and playing PSN: twiggymuzio. Taaaa

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Not sure if I should start a new thread or not but I presume there will be a few gamers in here! Did anyone pick up Destiny on the PS4 yesterday? I just purchased my first console in about 10 years just so I could play it! If anyone fancies grouping up and playing PSN: twiggymuzio. Taaaa

willyfantastic is mine - never play online but will make an exception for destiny/fifa

i still buy both pes and fifa - pes is definitely getting better, but still not there compared to fifa - will buy pes on pc when i've finally built mine as its very easy to mod

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I was holding out that I would have a PS4 by now but money dictates that this will nto be happening.

So appears I will be getting Fifa 15 on my Xbox360 which im sure will still be great.

Of all the "new" features, are there any that won't be available of Xbox360 and PS3 versions? I'm thinking the graphical changes such as pitch markings and new crowd animations....

Next Gen only.

Its not on PS4 yet, sometime today.

I've been playing on XBox One, it is really good, but I can't get used to XBox Fifa, need to play the PS4 version later.

You can score some sick goals.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

I'm wavering about buying this, right now. But if I do I will look you up :thumbsup:

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
My favourite ever football game was TIF (This Is Football) 2005 on PS2. There was a button for both deliberate fouls and diving, and you could turn fouls off in the settings. This meant that if someone was through on goal, you could literally two foot them in the head and the ref would just wave play on. What made the game even more hilarious was that the commentary was about 5 minutes behind, so you'd be on the half way line and the commentator would say "And he's through... GOAL!" out of nowhere. No idea what happened to TIF, think they stopped after 2005 but it was great.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
My favourite ever football game was TIF (This Is Football) 2005 on PS2. There was a button for both deliberate fouls and diving, and you could turn fouls off in the settings. This meant that if someone was through on goal, you could literally two foot them in the head and the ref would just wave play on. What made the game even more hilarious was that the commentary was about 5 minutes behind, so you'd be on the half way line and the commentator would say "And he's through... GOAL!" out of nowhere. No idea what happened to TIF, think they stopped after 2005 but it was great.
I remember 'This is Football', I know it had a few PS1 releases as well, was definitely lacking in polish...

D

Deleted member 18477

Can you foul the keeper yet? On the very (very) rare occassions that I play FIFA against my kids, it always annoys me that I can slide tackle everyone else, but it won't let you take out the keeper.

Rubbish.

Try fifa 98 on the ps1. You could not only slide tackle the goalie but if you waited until he tried to drop kick it and you pulled it off you could then score without it being a foul! Fun times! :lolol:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
It's up on ps4 now.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I heard in the office that its out on "all formats now". Meaning PS3 and Xbox360 also.

Can anyone confirm this before I embark on my journey home only to be disappointed when its not there?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
haha i had 'red card', or maybe rented it from tomorrows world or video box, but what a game though. they would never release something like that now :lolol:

I'm amazed they did then! Could you imagine the conversation to get the licence?

'Yeah, so, it's like regular football but, instead of tackles, borderline assault will be the norm'
'No'

I heard in the office that its out on "all formats now". Meaning PS3 and Xbox360 also.

Can anyone confirm this before I embark on my journey home only to be disappointed when its not there?
It's definitely on the 360 as I downloaded it and played a few games this morning.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I had both Red Card and a TIF game at various points. Red Card was ridiculous - a team of Dolphins vs a SWAT team, for example - but also had better gameplay than the FIFA of that year.

TIF had Jumpers For Goalposts mode which was my favourite. Lead some made up school to glory against other made up schools

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Good stuff cheers. Is it possible that the demo would have the same animations purely to save space? In any case it's funny how year on year it always feels slower, harder to score!

The demo version should be better than the BETA version I have been playing. It's true every year it seems harder to score and slower but then you get used to it and it's great.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Bought a PS4 myself yesterday and was told Destiny will be the game of the year - impressed so far got to admit will add you guys, really bought it ready for FIFA and GTAV first one I have bought since 360 when it first came out (had the red ring for years now!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here