Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dog Lovers - How long did your Dog live for ?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Really sorry to hear that mate....was there when our last cat had to be put down...I was in pieces!

Regards
Dave

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thanks Dave. Going to bed now. Something Harry and I did for years as he slept on my bed so tonight is very very tough.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thanks Dave. Going to bed now. Something Harry and I did for years as he slept on my bed so tonight is very very tough.

I know we don't alway agree on everything but my thoughts are really with you tonight.

God bless Harry, he made you very happy.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I know we don't alway agree on everything but my thoughts are really with you tonight.

God bless Harry, he made you very happy.

Thanks mate. Tonight is so tough but I did the right thing for my best mate.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Saw this thread had been bounced and feared the worst. As has already been said those of us who've loved and lost a four-legged companion know exactly what you're going through. All the best Gareth.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Really sorry to hear about Harry, as a cat and dog owner I know only to well what you're going through. I know it's little or no consolation at the moment but things will get easier with time.

Thinking of you - Tim.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I feel your pain US. We lost our lovely fella 3/10 and had a really tough two month I know even saying all the nice things you did for him will mean little right now, you just have to work through the grief.

Well we were all set up for it so three weeks ago today we got Walter (below) aka pain relief.

It amazing how he has lifted us, but also allowed us to remember Archie. Take care and I hope you can also repeat the magic all again soon, with another needy dog who will have a lot to give. He is snoring at my feet right now, Archie would be proud.

Attachments

• Walt day 1.jpg
    Walt day 1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 187

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
As time goes by the memories of your happy times together will come to the forefront of your mind. Keep in there - life will get better for you.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I got Harry's ashes today in an urn. Strange but to just have him home but it felt right. I held the urn to my chest and shed a tear and felt him in my heart and soul. I will scatter his ashes over the Downs when we had many happy walks. A bittersweet moment to have him home but in an urn. I am sure some will understand.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I got Harry's ashes today in an urn. Strange but to just have him home but it felt right. I held the urn to my chest and shed a tear and felt him in my heart and soul. I will scatter his ashes over the Downs when we had many happy walks. A bittersweet moment to have him home but in an urn. I am sure some will understand.

You will always have the good memories and you can be proud of how you fought to give him all that extra time. You did all you could, no one could have done more.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You will always have the good memories and you can be proud of how you fought to give him all that extra time. You did all you could, no one could have done more.

Thanks Vegster. I gave him 8 extra months. I love the old boy. Did my best for him.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Only a Dog ? The old boy was by my side at all times. We were a team a lifelong bond. We went through some shit but we had some great times, wonderful times. I never knew how much a Dog could bring to your life but over 15 years I did. I KNEW the bond, I KNEW the love and I KNEW the incredible bond a Man and his Dog could have. Sleep in peace my best mate for all times.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am scattering the ashes tomorrow. Held them for 3 weeks but now time to let the Old Boy free over the Downs where we loved to walk and had so many happy times together. I will rejoice for our times together and say a little prayer for my best mate.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Harry Glover 14/8/98 - 19/12/13. Loved you buddy. Incredible how much a Dog can mean to you. I am sure many will understand. Be free tomorrow.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Goodbye Harry

Gone - but not forgotten, not least because of the tale from many years ago about how he shoved his wet nose up US's arse whilst US was *ahem* luvin' a laydee.

Bad boy!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Goodbye Harry

Gone - but not forgotten, not least because of the tale from many years ago about how he shoved his wet nose up US's arse whilst US was *ahem* luvin' a laydee.

Bad boy!

LOL ! A bit indulgent of me I guess but I LOVED this beast so much. The scattering of his ashes on Sunday will be hard.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Goodbye Harry

Bad boy!

Without appearing disrespectful of the thread generally, this did make me laugh.

RIP Harry

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here