Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ESU and WSU open for Coventry game

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I had planned on going in the North (normally WSU) but due to friends not getting their acts together, missed out on being able to buy two tickets together.

Just purchased ESU tickets on the halfway near the front. Only ever been up there for the old end of season sales, very happy.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
That will be due to the fact that there would be relatively few no-shows for a game most people had to buy tickets for just a couple of weeks prior to the event.

That is true. Also, the non attending 1901 members don’t seem to be included in the figures judging by the announced attendance for the palace game.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
It’s probably been covered but what will the attendance be if the East Upper sells out?

Incidentally, it seems like in the FA Cup actual attendances are announced rather than tickets sold.

Premier League rule is it is tickets sold. I think outside of the Premier League it is up to the club. Pretty sure we will announce tickets sold number.

Largely irrelevant isn't it, for a cup game? Give or take a couple of hundred 1901s that choose not to attend, people will only hold a ticket for a cup game if they know they will be there.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
So when do we think the cut off is fo opening West Upper? How late would they do it? I can't see them bothering unless East Upper is sold out by Tuesday?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Largely irrelevant isn't it, for a cup game? Give or take a couple of hundred 1901s that choose not to attend, people will only hold a ticket for a cup game if they know they will be there.

I think you are underestimating the no shows there. 10 loyalty points, and relatively cheap tickets (especially for kids), I'd suggest a 10% no show.

ps) Together with the North Stand, the 1901 section was the most well attended section for the Palace game and I don't expect this to be any different for the Coventry game. Zero extra cost why would you not go?

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
I’m very happy with my ESU front row seat. But the more casual, non-member fan could have looked at any point over the last couple of days, seen that there weren’t any appropriate tickets available, gone away again and are now completely unaware that the situation has changed.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I’m very happy with my ESU front row seat. But the more casual, non-member fan could have looked at any point over the last couple of days, seen that there weren’t any appropriate tickets available, gone away again and are now completely unaware that the situation has changed.
Quite. But you really should leave this stuff to the professionals. :)

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Not at all.
They are simply waiting to maximise Lower Tier sales. Once its down to singles and oddments, which won't be long, I would expect an announcement to open ESU ( it won't be WSU...they know they will sell nowhere near another 5000 ) I am confident that they will announce tomorrow or Monday. Either way there is still plenty of time to purchase for everybody. My group is holding its nerve and biding its time. If I am wrong, I will be mightily surprised.

Just in case any of you missed this.....all the hand wringing, all the panic, all the venom directed at the club......and all the time, all you had to do was calm down, think it through, relax and wait for the inevitable decision. Tickets purchased in ESU this morning. Job done.
Any advice re ticketting in the future will be subject to consultancy fee rate and will have to be paid pro forma. The club doesn't get much wrong and this timing ( despite what many on here are saying ) is spot on. If fans don't think a week is long enough to buy tickets, then they need to be asking questions about themselves. A load of nonsense has been spouted on this thread and too many have given the club too hard a time over this. Hopefully, lessons will be learnt by certain fans and that they refrain from widespread panic and flame fanning in the future.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
NSC Gold ... shirley

Quality read from start to finish chaps, take a bow.

Hang on still got the will they wont they open WSU saga to come

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
"Nine days from now I will be drinking my first pint of Harveys. Imagine where you will be, and it will be so. Hold the line! Stay with me! If you find yourself alone, sitting in a great seat with the sun on your face, do not be troubled. For you are in ESU, and you’re already dead!"

The post of the thread :lolol:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I think you are underestimating the no shows there. 10 loyalty points, and relatively cheap tickets (especially for kids), I'd suggest a 10% no show.

ps) Together with the North Stand, the 1901 section was the most well attended section for the Palace game and I don't expect this to be any different for the Coventry game. Zero extra cost why would you not go?

Loyalty points won’t be awarded for non attendance.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Just in case any of you missed this.....all the hand wringing, all the panic, all the venom directed at the club......and all the time, all you had to do was calm down, think it through, relax and wait for the inevitable decision. Tickets purchased in ESU this morning. Job done.
Any advice re ticketting in the future will be subject to consultancy fee rate and will have to be paid pro forma. The club doesn't get much wrong and this timing ( despite what many on here are saying ) is spot on. If fans don't think a week is long enough to buy tickets, then they need to be asking questions about themselves. A load of nonsense has been spouted on this thread and too many have given the club too hard a time over this. Hopefully, lessons will be learnt by certain fans and that they refrain from widespread panic and flame fanning in the future.
Hopefully lessons will be learned by the club and in future they won't need telling what to do by NSC...!!!

Only yesterday Barber was sticking firm to his lines including "What about the Palace game?" and talking down the potential demand for tickets for this match. I don't know what your family life is like but our weekends get sorted out much more than 7 days in advance...!

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.

:ffsparr:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The post of the thread :lolol:
Thanks. :lolol:

Strength and honour.

I'm just pleased for all the loyal footsoldiers who have been rewarded for their valour.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I have secured my SEAT, or is it PLOT ? in the corridors of quiet. I am dusting down my 'DO NOT DISTURB" sign as we speak. I hope my former ESU companion, Angmering Arthur, brings a peg with him. He doesn't smell (like one of our players- or so it has been contested) but he don't 'arf SNORE.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
East stand upper baby firm :laugh:

46026485-E5CD-442C-B77A-6C0DE4D34682.jpeg

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
IMO the club still got this wrong, Coventry should have been given the ESU seats as then that section would have been full.

This would have allowed the Albion to have loud support behind both goals, thus giving us even more of an advantage and taking the advantage away from Coventry when they kick into the South goal.

And before you go on about our fans being under the Coventry fans, away supporters are put above home supporters in lots of other grounds.

The club would have dealt with this with respect as they do all other fans that come here.

The fans would have supported their team incident free.

The club missed a trick here.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here