Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHAFC title odds

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
3 points off the top and to still get 20 to 1 is frankly insane

It does appear we've caught the bookies a bit blindsided on this one. Maybe wise to hedge slightly with a sensibly-sized each way bet on going up as championes and a sensibly-bigger-sized saver on being promoted via the play-offs. Still plenty of time for it all to go tits-up obviously, but there will never be a better point in the season to get some money down. IMHO, like.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ah, Skybet have used those odds. I suppose it's quicker to work out. £20 to win £30 = £50 return.
It makes more sense to display odds in their simplified form, so 3/2 is better than 6/4, but I understand 6/4 is traditionally used. For the purpose of comparing to 3/1 though, I thought 3/2 was better than 6/4.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Ah, Skybet have used those odds. I suppose it's quicker to work out. £20 to win £30 = £50 return.

Burnley impress me with their style. Let teams dominate before they usually hit them in the second half. 15/2 is a fair price for the title.

SkyBet use it for football sometimes, but it's always 6/4 for racing with them :shrug:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
It makes more sense to display odds in their simplified form, so 3/2 is better than 6/4, but I understand 6/4 is traditionally used. For the purpose of comparing to 3/1 though, I thought 3/2 was better than 6/4.

6/4 makes more sense comparing to 5/4 and 7/4, but then you've got 11/8, 13/8 and 15/8 as well between evens and bottle. So maybe 12/8 would be best ???

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
6/4 makes more sense comparing to 5/4 and 7/4, but then you've got 11/8, 13/8 and 15/8 as well between evens and bottle. So maybe 12/8 would be best ???
But I was specifically comparing to 3/1.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Burnley impress me with their style. Let teams dominate before they usually hit them in the second half. 15/2 is a fair price for the title.

Agree ... I think Boro will take the title but Burnley look to have the most attractive odds given their form and the run in they have

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Just had a score on Betfair at 8/1 on top two finish....we are 25/1 to win league.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Boro 1/6 to get promoted...........after 1 point from 9.

The layers have got large liabilities about Boro so they have no interest in pushing their price out and attracting more money.
You can of course lay Boro on Betfair at 4/11 if you think they'll choke.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The layers have got large liabilities about Boro so they have no interest in pushing their price out and attracting more money.

Fair point, cheers. I'm an amateur at the betting game, just play around for a bit of added interest - a few bets on our games, plus a weekly acca punt with various permutations and that's about it. Somehow 400% up since the start of the season though [emoji106]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Lay them for promotion, at 4/11? I don't understand, it shouldn't be odds on should it?

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
This could be a bash the bookies coup
We have now got a maverick in Knockaert and finally riches up front

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This could be a bash the bookies coup
We have now got a maverick in Knockaert and finally riches up front

Genuinely think he could fire us into the top two..........rewatched a lot of the game today. He is sensational. Cliche, but he'll rip this division up. Massive kudos to CH and the recruitment team for hunting him down and getting him very much under the radar...again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here