Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] WC: Portugal v Spain

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I'm not the biggest fan of Ronaldo, but that was one hell of a free-kick and a STUNNER from Nacho.

Great game, great advert for the WC.

The Ronaldo goal was great as was the first Costa goal but that goal from Nacho is a couple of levels above both.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
If the goalkeeper attempts to cover the entire goal he can just put it in the other corner.

What a different one to the two corners he is covering from standing in the middle. I’m confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What a different one to the two corners he is covering from standing in the middle. I’m confused.

Don’t ever attempt to coach goalkeepers.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

You cant cover the whole goal versus a player like Ronaldo or any good free kick taker thats why a keeper will cover one side and the wall the other. If you stand in the middle like a **** it just makes their job easier.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
You cant cover the whole goal versus a player like Ronaldo or any good free kick taker thats why a keeper will cover one side and the wall the other. If you stand in the middle like a **** it just makes their job easier.

Well de gear certainly looked like a flat footed **** relying on the wall. Stood there rooted to the spot. My point is if he was in the centre of the goal he would have had a chance of having a go at saving the free kick. Ronaldo certainly made it look easy with 3/4 of the goal to aim at

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Anyone one else think Busquets bottled it on the free-kick? It looks to me like he could have left his physog there. It would have left a mark though! Perhaps it's an illusion.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Well de gear certainly looked like a flat footed **** relying on the wall. Stood there rooted to the spot. My point is if he was in the centre of the goal he would have had a chance of having a go at saving the free kick. Ronaldo certainly made it look easy with 3/4 of the goal to aim at

If he stood in the centre of the goal Ronaldo would put it in the opposite corner because he cant get to that side of the goal fast enough and there is no wall to prevent him doing it so no incredible bending of the shot needed. How hard is that to understand why keepers cover one side and the wall the other.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Best since Czech v Holland 20yrs ago now nearly.

What a game!

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
If he stood in the centre of the goal Ronaldo would put it in the opposite corner because he cant get to that side of the goal fast enough and there is no wall to prevent him doing it so no incredible bending of the shot needed. How hard is that to understand why keepers cover one side and the wall the other.

If the keeper is in the middle and going to commit to going one way the taker of the free kick hasn’t a clue where the keeper is going to go so it’s a 50/50 call.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
If the keeper is in the middle and going to commit to going one way the taker of the free kick hasn’t a clue where the keeper is going to go so it’s a 50/50 call.

Making it like a penalty kick rather than a free kick where your entire team can be between him and the goal. Genius

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here