Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The WC - I think I prefer it like this

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
Not allowed to fly the flag, deemed to be racist or nationalist by our 'liberal' snowflake society.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Going to wait and see how we do. Most looking forward to seeing Iceland - their crowd are seriously scary mothers!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
No flags . . . yet? When they do appear can we please ensure that they are bona fide Cross of Saint George efforts - you know, the red cross on on a white background. Not ones with Carlsberg, or the Sun, or whatever trademark logo stuck on. And not ones with England written across the horizontal part of the cross - we know it’s the England flag and so does the rest of the world. And please, not a Cross of Saint George flag with lions rampant (that’s standing up) in each corner - we’re not Scottish!

Finally, a Cross of Saint George flag depicting your club badge or name is fine, it shows your identity and support.

There, I’ve done my holier than thou bit, I’ll now pour myself a beer. :drink:

Are we allowed to wear a plastic St George bowler hat with The Sun logo on it?
I need to know before I put it on my swede.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
For me the sweep stake should which one out of the blunder trio of Phil Jones, John Stones or Harry McGuire will feck up in our first knock out game causing our exit?

Southgate went up one rung on my expectation ladder for having the balls to drop Hart, fair play. For those interested he is now on rung number one.

How many rungs on this ladder?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Any special promotions announced by your local yet? I always look forward to those.

I wouldn’t know, had a big row with the landlord after the CL final. Think we’ve got Polly and Giles coming down for the first game so watching at home.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Not allowed to fly the flag, deemed to be racist or nationalist by our 'liberal' snowflake society.

Ah, the Daily Mail angle. Always refreshing. Shame nobody told my local Spoons there was a ban as I'm currently sat looking at at least 20 England flags, scarves etc that are behind the bar, on the ceiling etc.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
No flags . . . yet? When they do appear can we please ensure that they are bona fide Cross of Saint George efforts - you know, the red cross on on a white background. Not ones with Carlsberg, or the Sun, or whatever trademark logo stuck on. And not ones with England written across the horizontal part of the cross - we know it’s the England flag and so does the rest of the world. And please, not a Cross of Saint George flag with lions rampant (that’s standing up) in each corner - we’re not Scottish!

Finally, a Cross of Saint George flag depicting your club badge or name is fine, it shows your identity and support.

There, I’ve done my holier than thou bit, I’ll now pour myself a beer. :drink:

Where do you stand on a six ft by four England flag with "CRAIG IS GAY @" printed across the middle? I took that to the World Cup in 2006 and I'm sure I've still got it somewhere.....

el punal

Where do you stand on a six ft by four England flag with "CRAIG IS GAY @" printed across the middle? I took that to the World Cup in 2006 and I'm sure I've still got it somewhere.....

That’ll go down well with the Orel Butchers. Expect an invitation for a meet up in the woods outside Moscow anytime soon. :thumbsup:

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014

Yes,100% correct. Don't know how they managed to sneak so many into Elland Road last week.

b676b0a4-7a67-40fa-8787-8823f0e91f5c.jpg

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
We qualified for the 2015 UEFA Euro under 21s, and finished last in our group of 4. And we won the Toulon tournament.

What's the evidence he's improved?
What? While other managers win top leagues and cups etc etc, he didn't achieve anything of note. Indeed he went on to get Middlesbrough relegated.

Sven did ok (3 quarter-finals in a row), but not good enough, so they switched it up a bit by employing the wolly with the brolly. We played the worst football in living memory with Schteve, and failed to even qualify for Euro 2008.

Capello had been there and done it. We got knocked out by an excellent German side, largely thanks to poor refereeing that saw our equaliser not given. At least with Capello we had a chance of playing well.

The England job is one many would love, and there's no excuse for employing someone who's never done anything of note in football.

I don't know completely about this analysis. In the game that saw us not qualify for the Euros under McClaren, I've never known an England first XI so disrupted by injury as it was for the loss against a good Croatia side that won all three of its group games (including against Germany) before going out to Turkey on penalties. He got a little unlucky.

That German side was good in 2010, no doubt, but I've never seen an England side defend so badly. Terry & Upson looked like they'd been introduced to each other on the morning of the game.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Any special promotions announced by your local yet? I always look forward to those.

It's not my local or a special promotion but seen 1 pub in Brighton is charging £5 entry on Monday to watch the England match! Jokers.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
It's not my local or a special promotion but seen 1 pub in Brighton is charging £5 entry on Monday to watch the England match! Jokers.

What pub is that? Crazy, plenty of places to watch it, even pubs who dont normally show the football will be showing it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't know completely about this analysis. In the game that saw us not qualify for the Euros under McClaren, I've never known an England first XI so disrupted by injury as it was for the loss against a good Croatia side that won all three of its group games (including against Germany) before going out to Turkey on penalties. He got a little unlucky.
We didn't get unlucky. We only had to finish top two in our group, and it was only Croatia and Russia to compete against, none of the big sides. I remember when we were due to play Israel in the qualifying campaign, and for the first (and only) time in my life, I wanted England to lose, because the football we played under Schteve was so bad, that I thought our only hope was to lose that game, him get sacked, and us getting someone better in to turn it around.

That German side was good in 2010, no doubt, but I've never seen an England side defend so badly.
They were a young counter attacking side, and it could have been a very different second half if they had seen their lead lost in the first half (as they should have).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They were a young counter attacking side, and it could have been a very different second half if they had seen their lead lost in the first half (as they should have).

I think you need to take your rose tinted specs off. There was a hell of a lot more between those two sides than a disollowed goal.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here