Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Weakest Link Relay has these runners ; [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] [MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] is [MENTION=13836]deletebeepbeepbeep[/MENTION] still available? [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] [MENTION=18282]Left Back[/MENTION] [MENTION=3975]ben elton's brother[/MENTION] [MENTION=25508]soistes[/MENTION] [MENTION=23419]penny's harmonica[/MENTION] [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] @Eamon the ringer
[MENTION=9083]Anchorman[/MENTION] @Gypsy King [MENTION=3736]Mr Banana[/MENTION] and anyone I have missed need to get there names forward as there is only one place left to make 3 teams. Unless we can find 5 more runners......

Apologies if I have missed anyone ready to run, just put your name forward! 4 teams would be good. Time is not an issue. Number of teams entered is strength in depth!

http://brightonsports.co.uk/the-weakest-link-relay-run

Blast - I've now got to be in London for work next Wednesday. Looking at meeting times, and train times, I don't think I can guarantee to get back in time to hit the seafront in running gear ready for the start, so I think I'm going to have to pull out. I was sort of looking forward to it, and to putting faces to some of the names on here, too. Sorry chaps.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Seeing you lot chatter about the Weakest Link relay just makes me wish I lived more local to Brighton :(

I know you'll do NSC proud though, as we have a very good selection of 5k runners in our ranks!

Super Ego place available for you. You can do it. Over by 8pm. Do what [MENTION=30744]Pembury[/MENTION] used to do and say you're just popping out to get some milk.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Blast - I've now got to be in London for work next Wednesday. Looking at meeting times, and train times, I don't think I can guarantee to get back in time to hit the seafront in running gear ready for the start, so I think I'm going to have to pull out. I was sort of looking forward to it, and to putting faces to some of the names on here, too. Sorry chaps.

OK thanks for telling us.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Super Ego place available for you. You can do it. Over by 8pm. Do what [MENTION=30744]Pembury[/MENTION] used to do and say you're just popping out to get some milk.

Sadly, Junior Orange's swimming lesson isn't something I can "pop out for milk" during! :lolol:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Hi knocky thanks for the nudge on Strava although I haven't run consistently since the marathon and have been boozing at festivals and holidays for the last two weeks and not run at all so I'm not sure how much use I'll be. Stuggle to believe I can run a 5k in much under 21 mins at the moment so don't rely on me for an a-team although I'm happy to come along to watch or chip in to a b-team.

The earliest I can get down from work is 7ish if there is somewhere to keep bags?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
If needed my cousin (Brighton Fan) can run. He's pretty good c.20/21 minute 5k runner.

Weakest Link runners hovering around 8 or 9. We need a few more to get 3 teams like last year.
Hope your cousin doesn't mind being on the waiting list till a few more come forward.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Hi knocky thanks for the nudge on Strava although I haven't run consistently since the marathon and have been boozing at festivals and holidays for the last two weeks and not run at all so I'm not sure how much use I'll be. Stuggle to believe I can run a 5k in much under 21 mins at the moment so don't rely on me for an a-team although I'm happy to come along to watch or chip in to a b-team.

Excellent news. You'll be in the top team but it's a fun event and your team will sort out the order of runners as a group.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Weakest Link runners hovering around 8 or 9. We need a few more to get 3 teams like last year.
Hope your cousin doesn't mind being on the waiting list till a few more come forward.

Yes that’s fine. He can definitely make it if required.

Anchorman

Oct 19, 2007
Weakest Link Relay has these runners ; [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] [MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] is [MENTION=13836]deletebeepbeepbeep[/MENTION] still available? [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] [MENTION=18282]Left Back[/MENTION] [MENTION=3975]ben elton's brother[/MENTION] [MENTION=25508]soistes[/MENTION] [MENTION=23419]penny's harmonica[/MENTION] [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] @Eamon the ringer
[MENTION=9083]Anchorman[/MENTION] @Gypsy King [MENTION=3736]Mr Banana[/MENTION] and anyone I have missed need to get there names forward as there is only one place left to make 3 teams. Unless we can find 5 more runners......

Apologies if I have missed anyone ready to run, just put your name forward! 4 teams would be good. Time is not an issue. Number of teams entered is strength in depth!

http://brightonsports.co.uk/the-weakest-link-relay-run
Sorry, I won't be in the NSC camp this year as I will be with a Brighton & Hove AC team again. I do run with them every year but due to an organisational hitch last year I couldn't. I will be no loss to anyone mind after a bad run of injury and illness, strictly Wooden Spoon standard at the moment.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Sorry, I won't be in the NSC camp this year as I will be with a Brighton & Hove AC team again. I do run with them every year but due to an organisational hitch last year I couldn't. I will be no loss to anyone mind after a bad run of injury and illness, strictly Wooden Spoon standard at the moment.

Club or country? Sort it OUT Knocky

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

No problem see you there.

Club or country? Sort it OUT Knocky

It's outrageous. Who is in control? Unfortunately I've offered to resign over the years but it has never been accepted. :dunce:

Great that you have volunteered for the anchorman's place......

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Excellent news. Does this confirm I’m down to Team 2 now? I’ll happily take the toughest leg in Team 2 just to get myself out of the spotlight Team 1 will find itself under!

Super Egos team is presently Deletebeepbeepbeep, Big Nuts, Complete Badger and Mr Banana
Then we have 6 runners Left Back, Simgull, Penny's Harmonica, Knocky, big nuts cousin, Eamon the ringer

I'll go to Hove Parkrun Saturday and look for [MENTION=3975]ben[/MENTION] Elton's brother

We are then 1 runner short. Have I missed anyone? Any volunteers? Any suggestions?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Super Egos team is presently Deletebeepbeepbeep, Big Nuts, Complete Badger and Mr Banana
Then we have 6 runners Left Back, Simgull, Penny's Harmonica, Knocky, big nuts cousin, Eamon the ringer

I'll go to Hove Parkrun Saturday and look for [MENTION=3975]ben[/MENTION] Elton's brother

We are then 1 runner short. Have I missed anyone? Any volunteers? Any suggestions?

I can try and recruit two more if no one comes forward but they won’t necessarily be Brighton fans although one could be.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I can try and recruit two more if no one comes forward but they won’t necessarily be Brighton fans although one could be.

OK. Thanks.

I've had a sore big toe since the Worthing 10K and thought I'd stubbed it on something in the house. Just noticed the nail is split in half long ways. Any tips anyone? I'll still run next week. I can't let the team down.

BenElton'sBrother

Nov 30, 2003
Hove

Sorry for being quiet, I'm still undecided on this.

Tweaked my hamstring again a couple of weeks ago at Hove Park, have rested it since then and went back to Parkrun over the weekend. Whilst happy to complete the course without any issues it did take nearly 26 minutes and I dont want to be running the weakest link at that pace!

I'm going to go out a couple of times this week and then back to Hove Park this weekend. Will decide after this if that's OK?

If others come forward in the meantime I'm prepared to drop out...

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Sorry for being quiet, I'm still undecided on this.

Tweaked my hamstring again a couple of weeks ago at Hove Park, have rested it since then and went back to Parkrun over the weekend. Whilst happy to complete the course without any issues it did take nearly 26 minutes and I dont want to be running the weakest link at that pace!

I'm going to go out a couple of times this week and then back to Hove Park this weekend. Will decide after this if that's OK?

If others come forward in the meantime I'm prepared to drop out...

....thanks for reply. We'll see how it goes for you and leave the place pencilled in. Good luck. See you Saturday.

Until then warm up gently, put one leg flat out on a table, the other foot on the floor balancing you, slowly from the core bring head and shoulders towards feet. Any pain STOP.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
[MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] I have an extra runner to add to the Weakest Link squad. He’s just joined our running club and is a ST holder so perfect! Not on NSC though, he has a Spanish name so I guess we will inevitably call Spanish Dave for now.
Please add him to the list.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
OK. Thanks.

I've had a sore big toe since the Worthing 10K and thought I'd stubbed it on something in the house. Just noticed the nail is split in half long ways. Any tips anyone? I'll still run next week. I can't let the team down.

You have toenails ? Need to start running further.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here