Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But you don't do you. You can't resist biting to every bait I post!!
No, not so. I've rested my case because there's no point in arguing against desperate twaddle any more. What more have you got? Not much.

Tony Blair is against Brexit? Wow! Shock horror, I'd better change my mind....
David Cameron is pro EU?......well, I didn't vote for him anyway.....
Michael Heseltine - and the entire Liberal Democratic Party - are all against Brexit?.....I'm overwhelmed.
The odd poll commissioned by pro-remain sympathises comes up with the result they want?.....shock horror.
Even when a newspaper which isn't in favour of Brexit reports the existence of one of these polls.....that's another plus for Remain?

Straws.

Desperate.

Clutching.

Carry on if you like, or if it makes you feel better; it doesn't matter......my case is, as I said, rested. Job done.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
A lot of abuse from Brexiteers on here tonight from the noisy 19%. Are you finally getting concerned you were sold a pup?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
No, not so. I've rested my case because there's no point in arguing against desperate twaddle any more. What more have you got? Not much.

Tony Blair is against Brexit? Wow! Shock horror, I'd better change my mind....
David Cameron is pro EU?......well, I didn't vote for him anyway.....
Michael Heseltine - and the entire Liberal Democratic Party - are all against Brexit?.....I'm overwhelmed.
The odd poll commissioned by pro-remain sympathises comes up with the result they want?.....shock horror.
Even when a newspaper which isn't in favour of Brexit reports the existence of one of these polls.....that's another plus for Remain?

Straws.

Desperate.

Clutching.

Carry on if you like, or if it makes you feel better; it doesn't matter......my case is, as I said, rested. Job done.

I know I won't change your mind and you won't change mine, so dropping little bits of bait for the fishes to bite, is my fun.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I know I won't change your mind and you won't change mine, so dropping little bits of bait for the fishes to bite, is my fun.

wouldnt it be more fun if they were actually relevant to anything and a little bit more up to date?, otherwise it just comes across as desperation posting,

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If you were paying attention the vote was not to leave, the vote was a polling of the publics advice, which was marginally to leave. Now, when receiving advice from a person, or a body or people, it is sensible to take into account the knowledge and qualifications of the person or body giving the advice. Clearly, the general publics knowledge on global politics, trade, economics and I interactions is, at best, poor. Therefore, the advice it gave should be weighted appropriately and not followed blindly. That way madness lies.

And if you had been paying proper attention you would have remembered that the government promised to enact the result of the vote regardless of which way it went. Not that it matters anyway - we're leaving and the HoL has no power to stop it despite what desperate remainers hope for. Get on board or be disappointed bad losers.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
If you were paying attention the vote was not to leave, the vote was a polling of the publics advice, which was marginally to leave. Now, when receiving advice from a person, or a body or people, it is sensible to take into account the knowledge and qualifications of the person or body giving the advice. Clearly, the general publics knowledge on global politics, trade, economics and I interactions is, at best, poor. Therefore, the advice it gave should be weighted appropriately and not followed blindly. That way madness lies.

You have to wonder what mental hoops Breximpletons jump through when they read Remain friendly opinions from the likes of Hawking, Cox and Attenborough. At some point they must reach the conclusion "nope I'm right about this and some of the greatest minds of our time are wrong".

I'm wondering how they get there.

Jan 30, 2008

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And if you had been paying proper attention you would have remembered that the government promised to enact the result of the vote regardless of which way it went. Not that it matters anyway - we're leaving and the HoL has no power to stop it despite what desperate remainers hope for. Get on board or be disappointed bad losers.

You repeatedly trot this line out, but do you truly believe the government will simply ignore the HoL on the biggest decision Britain has taken in generations?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Also, as you should know, no government can promise anything. Governments can promise to put legislation before parliament, but they cannot promise it will pass through successfully.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
well if you were to believe all the bullshit spouted by grizzlers and the ANTI brexit media exposure its given it must be true , the minority speaking for the majority ? we're leaving :)
regards
DR

Who exactly are the anti Brexit media? From what I can see the establishment has the press pretty much towing its line

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You repeatedly trot this line out, but do you truly believe the government will simply ignore the HoL on the biggest decision Britain has taken in generations?

The implication in the words 'trot out' is that it isn't true - as I've posted before ( with the exact wording from the government website ), most HoL votes can be overridden by Parliament. It's amazing how few people know that. Do I think the government will ignore the viewpoint of circa 800 unelected, mostly ex-politicians over 17m voters ? Not sure - but they bloody well should. In fact, surely that's what the £1bn bribe to the DUP was paid to ensure.

Also, as you should know, no government can promise anything. Governments can promise to put legislation before parliament, but they cannot promise it will pass through successfully.

But governments do promise things ..... they don;t necessarily deliver on those promises. The Brexit based legislation put before Parliament so far has passed.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
You have to wonder what mental hoops Breximpletons jump through when they read Remain friendly opinions from the likes of Hawking, Cox and Attenborough. At some point they must reach the conclusion "nope I'm right about this and some of the greatest minds of our time are wrong".

I'm wondering how they get there.

They may be brilliant in their own fields but I wonder if Messrs Hawking, Cox and Attenborough have a basic grasp of economics. The bare fact is that the trading arrangements put in place by the EU are designed to suit countries with a strong manufacturing base ( e.g Germany ) They benefit from a free trade in goods, not in services, which is our major strength.
We sell more to the rest of the world than we buy in return ( a surplus of £39bn ) and this is growing far faster than our trade within Europe ( fivefold increase since 2012 ) Our trade in services with the EU is in surplus. Our trade in goods with the EU runs at a massive deficit and is the reason our annual trade deficit now stands at £135bn.
The trading rules of the EU simply don't suit us and as our manufacturing base has been eroded, our position has steadily got worse. We failed to stand our ground over recent years, accepted second/third best concessions and generally, got walked all over. Weak politicians failing to stand up for our national interest, which bred disillusionment at large with the whole concept and a general feeling that things had to change.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
#Irexit is the ONLY way now to avoid a hard border. People of Ireland should develop some pride in their country and reclaim its sovereignty from foreign forces in the EU.

Desperation is growing daily.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here