Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Safe Standing Petition

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
He's signed because he agrees with the principle that a certain amount of safe standing should be available for those who want it.
He won't personally take advantage of it for the reasons he's given, but he wants others to be able to.
Does that help? ��

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
SIgned. As these draconian laws have no place in the modern era of sport. Although I’d much rather we could change the law on being able to finish my pre match or half time pint in my seat.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Because he states he doesn't want to stand. Yet signed a petition for safe standing. Unless I missed something.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

And he gave the reasons why he doesn't now want to stand but may have empathy with those that do because when he was able to stand at football he enjoyed it! Is that so hard to understand?

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Already signed. The Guy who runs the safe standing campaign (Jon, a Bristol City fan) is the most unlikely sort you might expect to be running such a campaign. To meet him, you might think his day job was a clergyman or librarian.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
I have mentioned this a couple of times on here already on random threads, but figured I'd dedicate a thread if you missed it - seems to be gathering serious momentum and currently up to almost 83 thousand signatures. Strange, as there have been better worded ones in the past without nearly as much attention, but I guess the recent West Brom rejection has alerted people.

Please sign below if you believe rules against standing at football matches should be relaxed in dedicated (safe-standing) areas:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/207040

Currently we are behind both Pompey and Croydon in signatures.. shameful. Sort it out, esp the west side of Sussex :thumbsup:

Done - Didnt get asked which club i support so how can you tell how many sigs for each club ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I've tried to sign, but the e-mail that I'm supposed to click on to confirm my vote just doesn't get through - and yes, I've checked my junk box as well.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Done - Didnt get asked which club i support so how can you tell how many sigs for each club ?

Below the signatures figure, click on 'Show on a map' and it gives you a heat map.

I've tried to sign, but the e-mail that I'm supposed to click on to confirm my vote just doesn't get through - and yes, I've checked my junk box as well.

That's odd, no other email to test it with?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Because he states he doesn't want to stand. Yet signed a petition for safe standing. Unless I missed something.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

So you wouldn’t sign a petition unless you benefitted personally.
Typical of the me me generation.
Try thinking of others sometimes.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
How much this changes I don’t know, but done anyway.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
It totally does make sense. There's just a few people who think that if safe standing came back it might inconvenience them. Perhaps it might a bit if their ST was in an area to be returned to standing - but that'll only be a relative few, and they'll just have to move. As most of us have to adjust when changes don't actually fit in with what we personally want.

Dont talk sense. This has been done before hasnt it :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here