Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] First TORY minister named as .......

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Bizarre that anyone is trying to attack other parties about this. Come off it. People with perceived power use it to get what they want no matter what party.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Perhaps the young activist for the Labour Party who was “encouraged “ not to pursue a rape claim should have punched the “senior” members lights out, although she would have been advised it might harm her! The Labour Party aka the Momentum Party, nasty people when the chips are down!

Momentum makes up 5.4% of the Labour Party membership. It didn't exist when the original incident occurred.

The Party itself is now fully supporting her now she has waived her anonymity and makes her statement. It's a good thing that they are doing that. So your post doesn't add anything nor help anyone.

As [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION] implied, there is no value trying to score political points on a subject like this - as the OP ought to take note.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Perhaps the young activist for the Labour Party who was “encouraged “ not to pursue a rape claim should have punched the “senior” members lights out, although she would have been advised it might harm her! The Labour Party aka the Momentum Party, nasty people when the chips are down!

Not just Nasty when the chips are down. They're Nasty full stop. I have to stop saying that because a certain member from Prague doesn't like me calling Labour the real Nasty party. Momentum vile organisation.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Momentum makes up 5.4% of the Labour Party membership. It didn't exist when the original incident occurred.

The Party itself is now fully supporting her now she has waived her anonymity and makes her statement. It's a good thing that they are doing that. So your post doesn't add anything nor help anyone.

As [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION] implied, there is no value trying to score political points on a subject like this - as the OP ought to take note.

What a relief that The Party are now supporting her, pity they tried to brush it under the carpet when she needed help the most, and as for point scoring I would suggest that supporters of the Labour Party are experts in this ancient tribal ritual. My post adds plenty of weight to the fact that the OP has yet again started a thread to troll this board and has ended up looking stupid, I’d say my post adds plenty wouldn’t you say?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Not just Nasty when the chips are down. They're Nasty full stop. I have to stop saying that because a certain member from Prague doesn't like me calling Labour the real Nasty party. Momentum vile organisation.

I liken the Momentum Party to the Church of Scientology, Theroux will infiltrate them one day and it won’t be pretty!

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Anyone trying to make political capital out of this is a bloody idiot and naive to boot. All of the parties have similar scandals they've kept hidden and more than likely there will plenty more to come that will expose Labour, Lib Dem and SNP MPs. This isn't a party political issue, it's about people in power abusing their position. No different from Weinstein, Savile or that George Riley.

Spot on.

Some political capital is attempting to be being made but it largely voices off.

The strong smell I'm smelling is one of exploitation: by folk on one rung of the ladder of folk on any rung below. Gender, political persuasion, ethnicity, star sign notwithstanding.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh for the days when men could be men and women could be women and both knew the difference without trying to use the other so callously.

There will come a time when women will regret the feminist movement. I think we are not that far away from that now.

Absolute bollocks. Pull your pants up and make me a cup of tea. You soft traditional ****.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
What a relief that The Party are now supporting her, pity they tried to brush it under the carpet when she needed help the most, and as for point scoring I would suggest that supporters of the Labour Party are experts in this ancient tribal ritual. My post adds plenty of weight to the fact that the OP has yet again started a thread to troll this board and has ended up looking stupid, I’d say my post adds plenty wouldn’t you say?

One official - who I hope is identified and got rid of if they are still in the party - attempted to brush it under the carpet, not the entire Labour Party.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
If anyone thinks this is restricted to one political party they are deluded. If anyone think this is restricted to Parliament they are even more deluded.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
What a relief that The Party are now supporting her, pity they tried to brush it under the carpet when she needed help the most, and as for point scoring I would suggest that supporters of the Labour Party are experts in this ancient tribal ritual.

Does this mean you acknowledge the Labour and Momentum aren't one and the same (like you did earlier)?

It was a 'Senior Labour Official' according to her statement who tried to brush it under the carpet. Hardly the entire party, nor a group within it which didn't exist.

My post adds plenty of weight to the fact that the OP has yet again started a thread to troll this board and has ended up looking stupid, I’d say my post adds plenty wouldn’t you say?

So you thought you'd add to it by accusing the wrong group? To what end? We know the OP has a bias issue on this - there's no need to add to it.

This is the point about accusing one party over another. They've ALL got people within their parties who have some level of behavioural issues. To try and blame one group which didn't exist adds nothing to the debate. All parties need to work collectively, supporting a genuinely independent organisation or group to whom allegations and accusations can be heard fairly without fear or concern.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22389

They are vile, just had to look at the main twitter feed and comments running up to the last election from other users to see how nasty people are.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
These are not presumptions, they're active allegations - in some cases of sexual assault.

Bully for Julia Hartley Brewer. The fact that she has brushed off her own incident has no relevance to the other cases.

My main point was that there appears to be no sense of proportion any more; the slightest risque behaviour or sentence seems to be lumped together with more serious allgations of misconduct and therefore clouds the issue.
I also refer back to one of my original points about public life becoming more and more unattractive. 'Just make sure there are no skeletons in your cupboard of any sort going back to when you were a teenager if you have aspirations of becoming a public figure'.This can equally apply to both males and females.
You say ,'Bully for JHB.The fact that she has brushed off her own incident has no relevance to the other cases'. I have to disagree; I think she sensibly lends an air of proportion to the whole subject of alleged harrassment.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
And the latest. So asking someone out for a drink is harassment?!

"Ms Maltby, a writer and academic some 30 years younger than Mr Green, said he sent her the text message after she posed in a corset for the Times.
According to her article in the paper, it read: "Long time no see. But having admired you in a corset in my favourite tabloid I felt impelled to ask if you are free for a drink anytime?""

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Away from the obvious illegal stuff, it seems to me the key for condemnation is disparity of age and attractiveness.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Tory supporting, right wing Brexit voters support the right of male bosses to touch female staff whether they like it or not shocker. A lovely return to the 1960's culture of nods, winks and keeping schtum. We all know what that lead to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here