Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] How easy is it to take your DOG abroad with you?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Everybody assumes its travelling by ferry but I would think it is expensive to fly with them. I know that many celebrities take their dogs to USA etc. I wonder what the cost would be to Costa Del Sol or Costa Blanca or even Cyprus come to that

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This thread just goes to prove how, as a nation, we are fixated on dogs. And I should know. In fact I once had such a dog-fixation that I had cause to visit a psychiatrist in search of a cure:

Me: "Doctor, you really have to help me, I keep thinking I'm a dog"
Doc: "OK, don't worry, I'm sure I can help, please get up on the couch"
Me: "I'm not allowed on the couch"

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
When i was a kid, it seemed that taking animals abroad was difficult due to the threat of rabies, quarantine requirements and associated faffing.

I don't think that's the case any more.

How easy is it to take your dog abroad with you - say to France or a similar mainland Europe location?

Anyone do this with any regularity?

Anybody who can’t live without a dog for a 2 week holiday needs to get their shit together, and I’m being serious.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Ferry works great, just be careful when disemBARKing.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Anybody who can’t live without a dog for a 2 week holiday needs to get their shit together, and I’m being serious.

Agreed, I love going away not worrying about our cat, hearing her cry for food at day break, eating grass and throwing up or clearing the cat litter tray out, and for dog lovers just not having to pick up dog shit every time you go for a walk must be heaven....

Pets on holiday are like old people a burden....

You have to worry about is it too hot, is it too cold, stopping for tinkles, etc etc....

Man alive I go away to get away from that shit...

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
This thread just goes to prove how, as a nation, we are fixated on dogs. And I should know. In fact I once had such a dog-fixation that I had cause to visit a psychiatrist in search of a cure:

Me: "Doctor, you really have to help me, I keep thinking I'm a dog"
Doc: "OK, don't worry, I'm sure I can help, please get up on the couch"
Me: "I'm not allowed on the couch"

That joke is Dog-awful ...... go and sit in your basket :)

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patreon
Jun 26, 2009
East

Yes, but in what way does that bear any relation to people who simply want to take their dog on holiday with them?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here