Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Final nail in the coffin for “I can’t get away tickets”

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Don’t think that’s completely fair.

Roll up! Roll up! Tickets available for a match 250 miles away that you can’t get back from on the night by public transport. Also at height of holiday season.

Any other time of year/trains back and this would not have reached non STHs.

On that note (and sincere apologies if this has been covered elsewhere or I misread the points), why is Liverpool only five points?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
On that note (and sincere apologies if this has been covered elsewhere or I misread the points), why is Liverpool only five points?

Likely sell out so lower points

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So, people who aren't STH or Bronze members can't actually buy tickets yet, and by the time they are able to by tickets in three days time, they might have sold out? 'Final nail' talk seems a little premature.

Last edited:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
But but but, we hate sitting on a coach with comfortable seats that mean you can snooze all the way home.

Away games mean different things to different people. For me it’s as much about the day out as it is about the football. A day where I can forget my worries and just have a laugh and a skinful of beer with my mates. I don’t want to have to sit on a coach full of children and OAP’s anymore than you’d want to be sat on a train necking cans of lager at 8am. You want to be able to have a nice snooze on the way home, I want the freedom to be able to stop out after the game for a couple of pints in a pub before getting the last train back.Your post comes across as a pretty petulant jab at people for enjoying football differently to you. There’s no need for it really.

:shrug:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
FWIW, the away ticketing system is a complete farce and is still an awful system. However anyone who the systems benefits is happy to whitewash any of the problems the system has so there’s also almost no point to complaining about it.

Thankfully I can get a ticket for pretty much any away game I want to through friends or connections so instead of playing the stupid system the club want everyone to play I’m just going to pick and chose what games I want to go to and manage to secure tickets by hook or by crook.

See you all at Newcastle, Cardiff, Fulham & Spurs away :wave:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yes. I have told the wife, kids and travel company we’re now not going on our summer holiday so that I can go to Anfield for a football match. Because that’s all that’s important in life. According to some idiots anyway.

No, it's not the most important thing but we're able to go on holiday for two weeks and still not miss a game. That said, we have in the past been away at the start of the season (when we were in the championship for example) but you only miss one game. As I said in my earlier post, it's about choices.

That said, I would put a family holiday above going to Anfield but that isn't the only away game of the season.

Next season I will generously relinquish our tickets for those less worthy.

Last edited:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Don’t think that’s completely fair.

Roll up! Roll up! Tickets available for a match 250 miles away that you can’t get back from on the night by public transport. Also at height of holiday season.

Any other time of year/trains back and this would not have reached non STHs.
And don’t bank on your car being in one piece of you park near the ground

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
FWIW, the away ticketing system is a complete farce and is still an awful system. However anyone who the systems benefits is happy to whitewash any of the problems the system has so there’s also almost no point to complaining about it.

Thankfully I can get a ticket for pretty much any away game I want to through friends or connections so instead of playing the stupid system the club want everyone to play I’m just going to pick and chose what games I want to go to and manage to secure tickets by hook or by crook.

Why is it awful or, how should it be better, without changing the loyalty points system (assuming by system you are talking about the program rather than the loyalty points scheme).

In my view what would improve the system would be ensuring that those that are entitled to a ticket are the ones that actually use it rather than palming it off to a friend who isn't entitled!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Away games mean different things to different people. For me it’s as much about the day out as it is about the football. A day where I can forget my worries and just have a laugh and a skinful of beer with my mates. I don’t want to have to sit on a coach full of children and OAP’s anymore than you’d want to be sat on a train necking cans of lager at 8am. You want to be able to have a nice snooze on the way home, I want the freedom to be able to stop out after the game for a couple of pints in a pub before getting the last train back.Your post comes across as a pretty petulant jab at people for enjoying football differently to you. There’s no need for it really.

:shrug:

I tend to agree with your sentiments and most of our trips are by train. Electing to drive because I'd rather spend the day sober then spend it on a coach! Only going this year because my daughter didn't make the away match last year.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Look forward to your explanation when your ID doesn't match the name allocated to the ticket

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So, people who aren't STH or Bronze members can't actually buy tickets yet, and by the time they are able to by tickets in three days time, they might have sold out? 'Final nail' talk seems a little premature.

Still tickets available currently

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Huh? A Bronze membership costs £22 for a year. If someone who professes that they wish to go to away games cba to buy one, I call BS.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Why is it awful or, how should it be better, without changing the loyalty points system (assuming by system you are talking about the program rather than the loyalty points scheme).

In my view what would improve the system would be ensuring that those that are entitled to a ticket are the ones that actually use it rather than palming it off to a friend who isn't entitled!

My problem with how loyalty points works currently is the fact they’ve basically became a blackmail tool to keep people from cancelling their season ticket. Making points only count for consecutive season ticket purchases causes this problem.

Money tight? Well you could cancel your season ticket and see where you are in 12 months but don’t expect to be going to any really big away games for the next 4 or 5 years.

Work every other weekend now? Well you could cancel your season ticket but once you get back to a Monday 9-5 don’t expect to see any games south of Birmingham for a while.

You go to football with you son and he’s off to uni? Or he wants to go backpacking for a year? Well tough shit, unless you leave his seat empty for three years you aren’t going together again for a while unless you break the rules.

All of the above situations would have been largely minimised by simply removing the need for season tickets to be consecutive, but no the club decided to use it as a tool to punish anybody who has the gall to have money flow problems or the sheer audacity to not be able to commit to a season ticket for a single season. For what it’s worth, the season I missed out on was the 2015/16 season, before this rule was brought in. I was unemployed and struggling to find a job when ST renewals came around. My season ticket band jumped up too, I want to say there had been a student/young person group that was removed? It’s the only season I’ve missed since 01/02, and I still managed to attend 15 games that season. However the club decided all my history with them meant f*ck all. I missed out on one season so I deserve to go to the back of the queue along with people who jumped on the bandwagon the year we missed out on promotion via Goal Difference.

So screw it, I could play the game the club wants me to, climb the ladder slowly and factor losing my away game placing in to any life decision which might require me to give up my season ticket, OR I could build up a network of people who rarely go to away games but have found themselves in the top bracket(s), either through being in 1901 or through other means and go about it that way. I wanted to see our first Premier League away game, and I got a ticket, as soon as that happened I realised there was absolutely nothing to worry about and I’ve been proven right. :shrug

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here