Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Oh the irony.... Tories could be forming a coalition with the DUP and yet Corbyn is apparently the terrorist sympathiser lol.

Is it only possible for there to be one terrorist sympathiser at any given time then?

*cough* John McDonnell
*cough* Dianne Abbott

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Yes she badly misjudged it..(sounds familiar)....wonder how many calls there will be for her to resign

Two disastrous decisions and elections for two conservative Prime Ministers in a row.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Not quite. It's just my (non-Tory) view of what I would be looking to do if I were a Tory backbencher right now. Looking at what has happened in East Worthing and Shoreham, how many truly safe Tory seats would there be if we went to the polls again? So, if I'd managed to be returned as a Tory MP last night, I'd not want to put it back to the test any time soon.

I wasn't implying you were a Tory voter, I know you're not. But many Tories DID rub their hands with glee at the thought of Corbyn as leader, it's not so funny now.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Nuttall resigns - Farage back in?
Farage was on tv earlier (as per ****ing usual) and said there was no way that he could return as party leader unless it was totally reformed. I don't believe a word the **** says mind, but after they've just been wiped out I'd be surprised if such an opportunist wanted anything to do with a dead duck.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
My gut feeling was right, even though in my head I thought it would still be a big Conservative majority.
I think May will still be PM, but without a Majority that could potentially mean the end for a hard-brexit.
If this election had gone on for a few more weeks and Labour had opposed a second indyref, I think we'd be looking at a Labour Majority right now.

Also, how accurate was that Exit poll? How do they do it. Yes Tories got a few more seats, Labour & Lid Dems got a few less than predicted, but it wasn't far off at all.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Is it only possible for there to be one terrorist sympathiser at any given time then?

*cough* John McDonnell
*cough* Dianne Abbott

Of course not however i wonder how the people on here will react to a Tory DUP alliance after all the shit spouted about Corbyns links with the IRA over 2 decades ago...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I wasn't implying you were a Tory voter, I know you're not. But many Tories DID rub their hands with glee at the thought of Corbyn as leader, it's not so funny now.

Well again, I need to disagree. It is still funny because many Labour supporters seem to be championing some sort of success this morning. Again: he lost by a long way to a dreadful PM who ran an atrocious campaign with a godawful manifesto and the markets have him less likely to be the next PM than Boris Johnson.

Let's say that again: bumbling buffoon Boris Johnson is more likely to be the next PM than Jeremy Corbyn.

Yay - way to go Jezza - you slayed 'em good and proper!

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I think if Labour had opposed a second indyref, they would've done better in Scotland, the Conservatives' open opposition to it won them a lot of votes up there imho.

Ruth Davidson is doing a pretty good job for the Conservatives up there.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Well again, I need to disagree. It is still funny because many Labour supporters seem to be championing some sort of success this morning. Again: he lost by a long way to a dreadful PM who ran an atrocious campaign with a godawful manifesto and the markets have him less likely to be the next PM than Boris Johnson.

Let's say that again: bumbling buffoon Boris Johnson is more likely to be the next PM than Jeremy Corbyn.

Yay - way to go Jezza - you slayed 'em good and proper!

How long do you think Johnson would last as PM?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Oh the irony.... Tories could be forming a coalition with the DUP and yet Corbyn is apparently the terrorist sympathiser lol.

*cough* John McDonnell
*cough* Dianne Abbott

Come on [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

You cannot deny the ridiculous irony, of the suggestion of the Tory's jumping into bed with the DUP, just two days after their media backers attempted to influence the voting, with hysterical headlines warning of the Labour front bench's (past) contacts with such groups?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I guess Corbyn's 'links' to terrorists will disappear from the front page of the hateful right wing rags now that the DUP are going to be part of the government.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
So how long can a DUP-propped-up coalition of chaos last?

It's a shambles.

By the time of the next vote (whenever that may be) Tory support will be shot to bits for their getting into bed with the DUP. Meanwhile a resurgent progressive vote will be buoyed by the inroads they made this election, more younger voters reaching voting age and more traditional Tory voting older voters dying off.

If the referendum issue in Scotland drops off the agenda then those new Tory seats up there will be sure to go as soon as the opportunity arises. Suddenly all that doom-mongering that Britain would be stuck with the Tories for decades has completely gone and it's actually quite difficult to see where they'd next get a genuine majority.

Its been a long time since this country had a bit of hope in the tank. Turns out we're not done yet

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Ruth Davidson is doing a pretty good job for the Conservatives up there.

So it's shown, it's ironic that the Scots are the ones that have all but kept them clinging onto power.
Had Labour won those 12 seats, they'd be looking to form a coalition government right now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here