Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky coverage of the match last night

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Ohhh...another for Stephens :thumbsup:

I think Dunk was MOTM and is about all round player. It is his performance that steadies the rest (tho some need little steadying). We all know his defensive skills but we also have is that rare item, a centre half who can drive the game forward either by his passing or runs with the ball. I see the game from centre of WSU so I see the game play at its best i.e. high up.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think Dunk was MOTM and is about all round player. It is his performance that steadies the rest (tho some need little steadying). We all know his defensive skills but we also have is that rare item, a centre half who can drive the game forward either by his passing or runs with the ball. I see the game from centre of WSU so I see the game play at its best i.e. high up.

I see the game from ESU ..nearly centre...so not far off same view one would imagine...my focus was on Stephens i guess because of all the stick he's had recently ..as IG said..he was in the sort of form last night that made him invaluable last season

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
There are quite a few fans who don't see what Baldock brings to the team. He is the perfect foil for the big striker ie Murray/Hemed. He stretches defences and makes things happen.

I agree his running off the ball has improved tremendously.

Get frustrated though that his touch is so poor. The amount of times a pass ends up with him kicking it into touch. They must practice this for hours so what's going on?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I thought at times the in-match commentary was a little critical of Albion but as we were the only side playing positive football we were the going to attract the most comment I guess. Leeds' defensive organisation deservedly attracted some praise and rightly so as they kept the game alive but apart from Woods' miss (they should've given that more flak than they did Norwood's free kicks) they offered nothing outside their own half.
I suspect if it had been us down to 10 men we'd have been criticised for being ultra negative. I've rarely seen a side offer so little even in adversity. Toon last week with 9 were infinitely better.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Thought the coverage was fair and well-balanced. Of their 10 pundits 9 predicted a Brighton win, and Prutton went for the draw. Sometimes think we have an inferiority complex as some people seem desperate to find bias and favouritism when usually it isn't there. We have no recent history in the top flight, and very little in our history so clearly we aren't going to be perceived as a massive successful club, with a history of top-flight football. We certainly have potential to become an established top-flight side, and I firmly believe we will get promoted, but we aren't there yet. When Holloway used to be on he'd be gushing over Brighton, I wonder whether other clubs message boards made an issue about this.

Personally i think it's great the amount of coverage Sky gives to the Championship, brilliant for those who live far from the Amex or who have other commitments which preclude them getting a season ticket. Last year I went to about 6 games, but must have seen us another 10 times on Sky. this season I've been to 2, but seen them another 6 times or so on Sky. Just compare this to the old days when you'd be lucky to get the goals at the end of the news on TVS !!

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Prutton is the more articulate version of Jamie Redknapp.

It struck a cord with me in the final part of their coverage last night when Peter 'without a shadow of a doubt' Beagrie broke down whilst talking about how long Leeds had spent outside the top flight. He has certainly gone up in my estimations.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I see the game from ESU ..nearly centre...so not far off same view one would imagine...my focus was on Stephens i guess because of all the stick he's had recently ..as IG said..he was in the sort of form last night that made him invaluable last season

I agree Stephens best game of the season, made sure we were not out muscled. Very close to MOTM

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here