Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Disco and Drugs Trade

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I wrote a essay on the dam busters at school over 45 years ago and referred to the cammoflage on the lancasters as ****** brown.

I am so sorry 45 years later for not anticipating that this would somehow be offensive 45 years into the future.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I wrote a essay on the dam busters at school over 45 years ago and referred to the cammoflage on the lancasters as ****** brown.

I am so sorry 45 years later for not anticipating that this would somehow be offensive 45 years into the future.

And 45 years later you still can't spell camouflage.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
And 45 years later you still can't spell camouflage.

I was only 12!

Anyway when you get to my age you don't worry about such trivialities. You more worry about where you can get peanut butter mnm's in the uk!

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

Dont worry, Guy Gibson didnt seem to mind :thumbsup:

TheBigUnit

Apr 4, 2012
London
...but let's be honest, would any of us like everything we said or wrote 30 years ago, or longer dragged up and paraded for all to see

He was and still is involved in running the country, for ****sake! There can be absolutely no argument for discrimination at such a high level 'FULLSTOP'.
What's more worrying that for me is, that someone whi was involved in govement back then still is, but now he's not even elected...

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
He was and still is involved in running the country, for ****sake! There can be absolutely no argument for discrimination at such a high level 'FULLSTOP'.
What's more worrying that for me is, that someone whi was involved in govement back then still is, but now he's not even elected...

Seriously, you don't think maybe his views have evolved over the last 30 years ? So what he wrote then, which could have been taken out of context, in a private memo, are the views he still espouses ? Don't get me wrong, they are pretty abhorrent comments, but they were 30 years ago. Do you hold exactly the same views you had 30 years ago ? Do you not think, bearing in mind the context of the time, with race riots going on all over the country, he might have felt that he had a point ? Obviously there is no recognition of police racism, which goes as read at that time, so is very naive and a glaring omission, but it is so easy to be wise after the events, especially 30 years later

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
But 45 years later, he appears to have got away with typing the N' word - albeit without any attempt or intention to abuse anyone - without being flamed about gawd knows how many times!

We Romans can get away with murder....just ask the Carthaginians!

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
Nasty person working for a nasty person within a nasty party says something nasty shocker.

The problem with all this is that he was a government advisor at the time, an advisor to the Prime Minister, and he held these views. Some bloke came on the Today programme yesterday saying that he was young 30 years ago, fresh out of private school and University, and maybe hadn't met many black people. He had now though, so it's all right.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But 45 years later, he appears to have got away with typing the N' word - albeit without any attempt or intention to abuse anyone - without being flamed about gawd knows how many times!

He hasn't got away with anything as there wasn't anything to get away with; words are about context.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The link isn't currently working so could anyone give a summary of what he said please ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In October, prime minister David Cameron gave this endorsement to the Black British Business awards: “I am very pleased to reaffirm my support for the [awards] as they once again seek to identify and celebrate outstanding business men and women from the African-Caribbean community. As we seek to build a One Nation government it is vital that Britons in every community know that they can succeed regardless of background.”

Who could disagree? Well, it turns out, his own chief policy adviser.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
In October, prime minister David Cameron gave this endorsement to the Black British Business awards: “I am very pleased to reaffirm my support for the [awards] as they once again seek to identify and celebrate outstanding business men and women from the African-Caribbean community. As we seek to build a One Nation government it is vital that Britons in every community know that they can succeed regardless of background.”

Who could disagree? Well, it turns out, his own chief policy adviser.
One nation ?? Great idea, except black people who have to have their own business awards, police association, lawyers association ,network for black professionals, black arts association etc etc......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here