Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The biggest tits are those who vote for the looney left Labour free giveaways, its all free, free this, free that, no charge for this etc etc and none of it adds up, I'm all for free everything of there is credible proof it can be paid for, but there is none...... Oh I'm aware they said they would raise 20 billion by raising corporation tax by 7p from 19p to 26p and Im also aware (for the simpletons) that basic economic models state that for every 1p addition to corporation tax it should equate to 3 billion (seems to add up), but it doesnt... because that assumes that everything else stays the same, the same amount of businesses opening, still growing at the same rates, same profit and spending, with same employment, and the same new amount of new business start ups and businesses coming into the country and the same growth..... except that NEVER happens, Increase corporation taxes and cut profitability and businesses dont expand and they dont recruit, growth stalls, and they dont spend and there's more unemployment benefits paid and foreign investors go to Ireland or somewhere else. A detailed report this week that looks at the complete cycle of inter related factors on the raising of the corporation tax rate states that raising 7p would actually lose the treasury £8 billion rather than raise 20 billion.... so now what? If you want to see Corbyns economic basket casery, look across the water at France...... High taxes and less income than before taxes were raised, stagnant economy, high unemployment etc etc... this is no new radical solution its the same tired one thats failed time and time again.

I would love to vote Labour, they are without doubt the party that cares most about social justice, but everything has to be paid for and they simply cant. If they had a proper economic strategy, they'd win, but they dont beyond tax the rich, tax business and borrow. And once the economy is f***ed up again and business slows down thats again less money on social justice schemes. I believe those with the broadest shoulders should carry the biggest burden but not at the expense of the economy. Getting maximum revenue into the treasury is the starting point. Tax raising does not always mean more money to the treasury, its proven, but Labour are ideological tax raisers, they must hammer business and the wealthy even if that does more bad than good to the economy... I cant believe there are so many idiots who are taken in with all this free this, free that step right up........giveaway nonsense with so little understanding of basis economics. Everything has to be paid for, today, tomorrow or by your kids.
The money is there, it just goes to the wrong places.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

So you can't prove your random FAKE numbers at all. Great argument. Really great. Almost as good as the la la land costing in the Tory manifesto? How will they pay for all their policies? They don't even know as they didn't put any in.
Their 26% corporate tax rate hike will bring in 19.6 Billion. WTF!
Good luck with that.

Their income tax hikes will bring in 6.4 billion.

None of this will happen.
I admire Labour at least giving us a costing but the rich individuals and corporations will not pay.

You can try and make them pay by law, but off they will go to a more " welcoming" regime.

Good luck with your free for all society with the tax receipts from my wages.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
The money is there, it just goes to the wrong places.

I'm not rich, or high earner, and I dont like much about the tories as far as social action is concerned, but economic competence is the start of everything...... But thats the problem it isnt..... and if you really want to embark on a fantastic programme of social action, going after the rich and business (which is ideological) will do more damage and bring in less wealth than by being pragmatic. See France

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It's not there, that's the point. The country is in debt.
Yes and we'll be in debt for a thousand years as the money is there but goes to the wrong places!

Again you are just making wild statements with no models or calculations to back them up. Even if I want to believe you I can not. You just made all that up!
What model are you using to determine that the Labour numbers won't work? How have you determined that the rich will leave?
FAKE!
It's in Corbyns unicorn breeding for beginners manifesto.

He predicts that these are the amounts that his tax rises will bring in.

They won't.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
It's not there, that's the point. The country is in debt.
Osbourne increased the national debt higher than any time in Labours 13 years. The "strong and stable" slogan is utter bollocks.

Also, the people slagging off Labours front bench need to look at who our current Foreign secretary is. If Boris was in the Labour camp the MSM would be tearing chunks out of him daily. Funny how it works, eh.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Labour have costed this fantasy in their heads. Free education for all, for life. Free health for all, for life, If you are selfish enough to live too long then they will wipe your arse for life. You can't cost this dream without a top end tax rate of 70% and a corporate grab of at least 30%.

Communism works well for a few years, but finally other people's money runs out and the circle of blaming the rich starts all over again.

The tories can't cost their policies until Paul Dacre tells them what they are, a process that's still evolving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Again you are just making wild statements with no models or calculations to back them up. Even if I want to believe you I can not. You just made all that up!
What model are you using to determine that the Labour numbers won't work? How have you determined that the rich will leave?
FAKE!

Go and look on the IFS website, even they say that the corporation tax rise ("if using a simple calculation on the back of an envelope!") could be perceived to raise 19 billion, but the reality would be very different. Here's an interesting objective economic observation... not that a tribalist can be swayed https://www.adamsmith.org/blog/the-effect-of-labours-corporation-tax

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
The tories can't cost their policies until Paul Dacre tells them what they are, a process that's still evolving

oh the irony...... Labours step right up giveaway is totally unfundable, back of fag packet 2 line solutions that dont add up in the real world are not solutions btw

And Corbyn gets his fantasy figures from momentum or the great and good of the Guadianistas who live in North London.... If we are stooping to the age old Argument ender that is The daily Mail!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
oh the irony...... Labours step right up giveaway is totally unfundable, back of fag packet 2 line solutions that dont add up in the real world are not solutions btw

So what's the cap on care payments? Is there one? And what's the effect on the exchequer? I'm pretty sure you can't tell me because May doesn't know yet!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
If you care about the NHS whoever you vote for make sure it isn't Conservative!

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Osbourne managed to spend more in 4 years than Labours entire 13 years in government, whilst cutting every council and public service to the bone! It's incredible there are Tories who have the nerve to point at Labour and their spending whilst pretending to have some sense of moral high ground... :ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here