Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Has Spoken

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dont get your knickers in a twist it was a simple question can a chairman do that or not? Taking into account the number of Far East owners who are reputedly heavily into gambling.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Nice one Tony... now, if you haven't done so already, buy a ticket, attend, and shout your support tomorrow...

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
Nice one Tony... now, if you haven't done so already, buy a ticket, attend, and shout your support tomorrow...

surely as Tony owns the club he doesn't need to buy a ticket....

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
No need to give me that message Tone but many like [MENTION=32776]heathgate[/MENTION] need it. Rouse those bed wetting, negative ****s. Well done. My only concern is your use of a comma before a conjunction. This is just not acceptable on NSC. I have capitalised the conjunction and entrust it will not be repeated in your call to arms in the PL next season.

"Our players were magnificent on Friday night in the most difficult of circumstances. We hardly conceded a chance while playing the last 30 minutes with ten men, having had four key players injured during the game. This has given us a real possibility to progress, AND one the players are determined to take."

Nothing wrong with that.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Tony is the best!. But he knows deep down, that with 5 of our best first team regulars out, It's a bit more then a bloody challenge!.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Tony is the best!. But he knows deep down, that with 5 of our best first team regulars out, It's a bit more then a bloody challenge!.

This feels like a challenge of this size needs an atmosphere like that game 9 v 11 Burnley game, when the great escape tune was sung over and over - if the whole stadium rocks we can be that 12 man the lads are gonna need.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This thread has got me very excited I will have to go to the club shop Monday and try and buy a shirt as my British Cali one won't fit me now and my best shirt (1901) which my mother bought me is in in Australia after lending it to my Nephew for his 6 month trip to Australia and he left in Perth. Let's get proper streamers from the party shops they look great from the WSU and are not dangerous instead of the Argus torn up. Would the club let fans bring in trumpets.:vuvu: I don't want 1 drum for this game I want twenty drums.

No alas, (or maybe not alas), the club won't allow access to your trumpet, or twenty drums either.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
We're not Derby.We didn't lose 0-3 at home.We are only down 0-2 with a home game to come after one of the most amazing shows of bad luck you will ever see in a game.

Have to say [MENTION=33428]Maldini[/MENTION],I have completely agreed with every one of your posts this week. Keep those spirits high and roar us to the final!

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
This could be read before the match.

Sussex Won’t be Druv
Some folks as come to Sussex,
They reckons as they know -
A durn sight better what to do
Than simple folks, like me and you,
Could possibly suppose.

But them as comes to Sussex,
They mustn't push and shove,
For Sussex will be Sussex,
And Sussex won't be druv!

Mus Wilfred come to Sussex,
Us heaved a stone at he,
Because he reckoned he could teach
Our Sussex fishers how to reach
The fishes in the sea.

But when he dwelt among us,
Us gave un land and luv,
And Sussex won't be druv!

All folks as come to Sussex
Must follow Sussex ways -
And when they've larned to know us well,
There's no place else they'll wish to dwell
In all their blessed days -

There ant no place like Sussex,
Until ye goos above,
And Sussex won't be druv.

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
I am sorry if some faint hearts felt offended on the players behalf asking about a win bonus but what I was really asking is can he or indeed Wednesday owners offer a bonus NOW or does it have to be in their original contract. Nobody is suggesting it would be the motivation the players need but could be an added incentive as many times you hear on TV about teams and the fact they are on a bonus of x amount per player

I think that all bonuses etc have to be lodged with FL at start of season - may be wrong though

This thread has got me very excited I will have to go to the club shop Monday and try and buy a shirt as my British Cali one won't fit me now and my best shirt (1901) which my mother bought me is in in Australia after lending it to my Nephew for his 6 month trip to Australia and he left in Perth. Let's get proper streamers from the party shops they look great from the WSU and are not dangerous instead of the Argus torn up. Would the club let fans bring in trumpets.:vuvu: I don't want 1 drum for this game I want twenty drums.

You just can't leave it can you,the shirt is with an Albion fan in Perth and that shirt wouldn't fit you either:moo:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The leader has spoken, I will wear my Palookaville shirt tomorrow

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
We've faced bigger battles, longer odds and tougher tasks in our time, yet still come through to triumph against the odds. We are Brighton, we know the deal: more often than not we have to do things the hard way. Throughout our history we've taken knocks, setbacks and injustice in our stride and come back stronger, time and time again. Let's do that now, players and never comes easy. It will take huge amounts of spirit and passion from the players and the fans for us to win through on
game.

Tony Bloom[/QUOTE]

Inspirational !

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Nothing wrong with that.

Well I am prepared to bow to you and allow maestro Tony to be right. I am not an advocate of the Oxford comma. I only use a comma before and when it is joining two independent clauses. In Tony's usage I consider the clauses to be dependent upon each other and would prefer not to use a comma.
I,am,not,actually,being,serious,about,this though.
Great rallying call by the Messiah!

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
For those who may have forgotten how the roses smell, compare TB's e-mail with the types of letter we were receiving from his predecessors. Found this earlier today whilst clearing out a cupboard. Praise be.

Scan 1.jpeg

Scan 2 copy.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here