Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barton

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
And your dignified and very well respected manager saw nothing in it.

It's a funny old game.

Dignified being the correct word. I have yet to see Hughton really lose it post game in the public arena, secretly I bet he's seething but why get an FA fine or wind Dyche up by calling Barton out. Also, I'd rather you have your strongest team for the remainder of your games.

A bit of a WHOOOOSH there Megazone, never mind.

1960 was when we were Champions.

Edit - Sorry and 1921 as well

Yes, keep living on past glories. If I recall more recently, like ourselves you nearly went out the league, but fought back from the brink.

I'd been looking forward to your response as you do seem reasonable, but I'm interested why you haven't condoned the challenge, as for me it was a 'straight red' all day along and at that point it was a massive game changer.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
And your dignified and very well respected manager saw nothing in it.

It's a funny old game.

As stated elsewhere, Hughton didn't see it at the time obviously. I assume he will have seen it again and have different views. He also shows he has a bit of class unlike Dyche who showed his lack of class with his post match comments yesterday.

Ignoring the managers' comments, how anyone can defend Barton is beyond me. If you watch the replay of the incident he is clearly looking at Kayal and stamps on his leg. Barton's rubbish about it being a contact sport show what sort of person he is. It is a contact sport but you've never been allowed to stamp on an opposition player. The way your fans are defending Barton doesn't do your club any favours.

Del of Albion

Jul 15, 2009
East Sussex
As stated elsewhere, Hughton didn't see it at the time obviously. I assume he will have seen it again and have different views. He also shows he has a bit of class unlike Dyche who showed his lack of class with his post match comments yesterday.

Ignoring the managers' comments, how anyone can defend Barton is beyond me. If you watch the replay of the incident he is clearly looking at Kayal and stamps on his leg. Barton's rubbish about it being a contact sport show what sort of person he is. It is a contact sport but you've never been allowed to stamp on an opposition player. The way your fans are defending Barton doesn't do your club any favours.

Barton might say both incidents were not meant but they are still dangerous play and should have gone for either of them.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Astonished to see Burnley defending Barton. He was at fault and now they are too.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Barton might say both incidents were not meant but they are still dangerous play and should have gone for either of them.

I don't believe they weren't meant anyway. Certainly if you look at the replay for the stamp, he is clearly looking at Kayal and knows exactly what he is doing. I think there was a lot of malice there and Kayal was lucky not to get badly injured.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Barton is an attention seeker.No doubt.He knows he won't get headlines on the pitch for his play but only for his stamping,fouling etc.Some of hi controversial tweets on subjects that have nothing to do with him are further prrof he is an attention seeker.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
pretty sure an incident occurred.... dunky also had issues with barnes towards the end of the match... lewis was riled!

Dunk had issues with Barnes before Barnes even got on the pitch. Dunk wandered over to get a drink right next to Barnes when he was waiting to come on, had a few words then tapped him the side of the face. It didn't appear to be particularly friendly.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Whatever Barton did or didn't do I'm pretty sure he was acting under his manager's instructions i.e. Kayal is their danger man, take him out of the game

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
The people at fault yesterday were the officials ,Barton saw an opportunity and used it to his and his teams benefit ,we could all see it ,the Burnley fans saw it ,the sky pundits and viewers saw it but the ref and lino decided to shut their eyes to it.
The sure thing is that one day Barton will do something to the wrong person and get his head knocked off,and hopefully the ref will have lost any small bit of credibility he had and end up officiating every bloody game off our nearest rivals .

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
It doesn't matter wether neither the stamp nor the elbow were intentional or not , it doesn't say anywhere in the rules that it does. It does however say that playing in a dangerous manner does.

Last edited:

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
A bit of a WHOOOOSH there Megazone, never mind.

1960 was when we were Champions.

Edit - Sorry and 1921 as well

Did you really just post on a rival’s forum to brag about how your team were champions in 1960 and 1921? I can only assume that the reason you had to post here rather than your own forum is because;
a) Other Burnley fans think your dull as sh*t.
b) Burnley fans aren’t clever enough to read.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
It doesn't matter wether neither the stamp nor the elbow were intentional or not , it doesn't say anywhere in the rules that it does. It does however say that playing in a dangerous manner does.

Absolutely. I think back to Bolton away when Murphy lost his balance and then clattered into the Bolton player. Straight red and appeal rejected. Even if Barton's stamp wasn't intentional it was potentially career ending and therefore deserves a three game ban.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Barton staying on the pitch was all the more galling when you consider the two sending offs Albion received the last time Pawson was the referee for this fixture at the Amex. Were either of those red cards anywhere near as clear cut as the Barton stamp?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I have just watched the game again and saw the incident. The guy is a thug and needs to be reprimanded, but of course nothing can happen. We MUST go up now just to get at him again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here