Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Idiot loses their way at Vogue Gyratory and ends up in... the cycle lane

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Was it not you only a few weeks ago started up a thread about how you jumped the queue out of the Bridge car park after a game ???
That would be me driving around Brighton, not in or through.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You said "I've not driven in Brighton for years" Bridge car park / Amex are in Brighton are they not.
So you believe driving along the A27 and dropping down through Coldean on a match day is the same experience as driving down London Road or along the seafront, at anytime.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
So you believe driving along the A27 and dropping down through Coldean on a match day is the same experience as driving down London Road or along the seafront, at anytime.

No not at all but you stated you had not driven in Brighton, not I've not driven down the London road or along the seafront. You said you had not driven in Brighton and Bridge car park / Amex are in Brighton you can't just split it up as you see fit.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No not at all but you stated you had not driven in Brighton, not I've not driven down the London road or along the seafront. You said you had not driven in Brighton and Bridge car park / Amex are in Brighton you can't just split it up as you see fit.
It feels like after a run of banal questioning, not really going anywhere, you're going to lull me into saying I did actually shoot JR. (one for the kids)

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Bloody cyclists - roads are for cars, not amateur death wishers.

Firingblanks1

Oct 4, 2004
North Portslade actually
Gosh, evangelical cyclist nut. Never ever heard from one of those before yawn. How do you propose to adapt your bike to transport I dunno roof tiles to a building or food to a shop or how do you get around if you are too old/disabled to cycle? Don't worry about those people coz they're all eating donuts, you pompous ****.

What is actually needed is a scheme that allows all forms of transport including cycling to get around the town in a safe and efficient manner not the dogma based nonsense being imposed on the town currently.

Err .... Probably would suggest using a lorry to move roof tiles as it would take a long time on a bike, but I have a cycle trailer if you want to borrow one? My point is the greens are trying to get people out of there cars onto public transport or God forbid cycle or walk. Not suggesting you should lorries?
As for being an evangelical? I stopped going to church a long time ago.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
You have obviously not cycled on the Lewes Road, before the improvements then? iIt's miles better now. As for the Vogue, just need to get rid of the 2inch curbs and that will be much better too. Well done to the Greens and thanks from the silent 37% who don't own a car for the fantastic new cycling infrastructure.
It's all about the long game to improve cycling numbers for future generations like many other progressive European cities.
Look at the numbers re Albion (Withdean) and now (Falmer), maybe Tony is looking at the long game re Hyypia? [emoji1]
I await flaming from the lazy donut eaters.

As someone who normally walks and occasionally buses around B&H but also has to drive older ( 80 plus ) people around the city, can I congratulate you for this superb bit of fascism. Do you have a green uniform and a toothbrush moustache?

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Sorry, I must have missed something, why am I fascist?

Imposing your ideas on those who are less physically capable than yourself. It is the ultimate triumph of the will.....think about it.
And please don't accuse me of being in favour of the car as I avoid driving unless work or voluntary work imposes it on me. I'm in my 60s but lucky to be able to walk long distances. I'm all in favour of encouraging cycling but resent younger cyclists imposing their WILL on the rest of society.

Firingblanks1

Oct 4, 2004
North Portslade actually
Imposing your ideas on those who are less physically capable than yourself. It is the ultimate triumph of the will.....think about it.
And please don't accuse me of being in favour of the car as I avoid driving unless work or voluntary work imposes it on me. I'm in my 60s but lucky to be able to walk long distances. I'm all in favour of encouraging cycling but resent younger cyclists imposing their WILL on the rest of society.

Wow, hit a raw nerve there didn't I? I'm 55, so think you are generalising the age group of cyclists. To be fair I was fishing because experience tells me that being pro green or cycling on here puts you on a hiding to nothing from the bell ends on here who slag of anything cycling related. So thought I would go on the attack first - a kind of self fulfilling prophecy given we all go through red lights and knock over old ladies on pavements. Sorry if I offended you :)

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Surely more safe cycle lanes will get more people out of there cars freeing up the roads for those less able to cycle.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Err .... Probably would suggest using a lorry to move roof tiles as it would take a long time on a bike, but I have a cycle trailer if you want to borrow one? My point is the greens are trying to get people out of there cars onto public transport or God forbid cycle or walk. Not suggesting you should lorries?
As for being an evangelical? I stopped going to church a long time ago.

http://http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/11677816.After_three_crashes_in_five_minutes__new___600k_cycle_lane_branded_a____death_trap___/?ref=mr

Good grief! As an old man who now hobbles about on a stick, can I just say that anything that reduces car use and improves facilities for hobbling pedestrians represents an improvement that should be welcomed. It's ridiculous to claim that recent traffic management schemes in Brighton and Hove are the result of "younger cyclists" taking over the transport planning system.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here