Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Current World XI Draft

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
It seems forever since I picked the Welsh wing wizard and what I need alongside the mighty Bale is another player who knows how to bang in the goals.

I am picking a player who I am shocked has not been picked yet, possibly because I have found something in his past which is a little gem. He is 'new kid on the block' this season who could be the reason for Athletico winning La Liga. They may have lost Falcao in the summer, but they had a younger player who slotted in perfectly. He has pace, strength, height and knows where the goal is; all of which are the definitions of the modern day forward.

Ladies and Gentleman I present my latest teammate

Diego Costa
11-Diego-Costa.jpg

I will be slotting him in for category 7, 'Has been Relegated.'

He started strong for Valladolid, scoring six times in his first 12 games, but only found the net once in the following 5 ½ months as the campaign eventually ended in relegation from La Liga.

[MENTION=17456]The_Viper[/MENTION], over to you.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Yup.

Was wondering if people want to lower the time limit to speed up the game, or if we should keep it at 10 to give people who are at work/asleep etc a chance

Personally, I'd like to leave it as it is cause of work and sleep times.
Just my opinion like

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
It seems forever since I picked the Welsh wing wizard and what I need alongside the mighty Bale is another player who knows how to bang in the goals.

I am picking a player who I am shocked has not been picked yet, possibly because I have found something in his past which is a little gem. He is 'new kid on the block' this season who could be the reason for Athletico winning La Liga. They may have lost Falcao in the summer, but they had a younger player who slotted in perfectly. He has pace, strength, height and knows where the goal is; all of which are the definitions of the modern day forward.

Ladies and Gentleman I present my latest teammate

Diego Costa
11-Diego-Costa.jpg

I will be slotting him in for category 7, 'Has been Relegated.'

He started strong for Valladolid, scoring six times in his first 12 games, but only found the net once in the following 5 ½ months as the campaign eventually ended in relegation from La Liga.

[MENTION=17456]The_Viper[/MENTION], over to you.

Nuts. Was holding out hope of grabbing him myself, using the 'never played in a world cup' card.

Curse you!

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Sorry, saw he had been relegated and just grabbed him, think it will be a difficult category for some people to fill.

No need to apologise, part of the game! Plus, he would've been my 4th pick, no chance he wouldn't be nicked by then.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
You could pick Bale for that category.... Oh... ;)

Oh don't worry, I have a nice enough pick lined up for that category when the time comes.

Just need [MENTION=17456]The_Viper[/MENTION] to make his pick and then I can unveil the next superstar member of Team Frutos

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
BUGGER! Costa was my boy!

Right then, this is going to have to be my next pick, given there are only a few between this and my next I am going to go here first.

This is under Category 3 - Never played at a World Cup....

Full backs are important, especially ones who can do it all....

Jordi Alba

f7ab52ddd246326caeb51c33dd91d8e7.jpg

Over to you, [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION]

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Every great team needs a top class coach, a man who can truly motivate his players and get the best from them at the same time as being a tactical genius and a genuinely stylish individual. The man I've picked is arguably the best in the world today at combining all of those things, and so is the obvious and natural leader for the brand of attacking flair that will be the hallmark of Team Frutos in this competition. With a managerial resume that reads:

- 3x FIFA World Club Cup (2009,2011,2013)
- 2x UEFA Champions League (2009,2011)
- 3x UEFA Super Cup (2009,2011,2013)
- 3x Primera Division (2009,2010,2011)
- 2x Copa del Rey (2009,2012)
- 3x Supercopa de Espana (2009,2010,2011)
- 1x Bundesliga (2014)

- UEFA Team Of The Year Best Coach (2009,2011)
- La Liga Coach Of The Year (2009,2010,2011,2012)
- FIFA World Coach Of The Year (2011)
- Catalan Of The Year (2009)

It is, of course, the one and only JOSEP GUARDIOLA

article-2284652-16FA409A000005DC-51_634x470.jpg

[MENTION=13376]albionalex[/MENTION]....over to you for your two picks. :thumbsup:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Other than the early pick of Robben, is anyone else finding it near on impossible to get anyone for Category 6?!

I claimed Yaya Toure using number 6, came across a few more whilst looking around but I am struggling with a few of the others...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Other than the early pick of Robben, is anyone else finding it near on impossible to get anyone for Category 6?!

That's one of the ones I'm more comfortable with, actually.

In terms of my pick though, it's all about Category 5, specifically the 2010/11 Bundesliga season and the top scorer thereof.

He's also got a more than decent (25 in 59) goals record for Germany, and is the German efficiency which will balance out the rest of the Latin attacking flair I'm lining up.

Step forward MARIO GOMEZ.

[MENTION=17456]The_Viper[/MENTION]...over to you.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Waiting on [MENTION=15934]Rohana[/MENTION] to inbox me back as to what category this player can go under, but regardless my pick stays the same.

He was part of a Valencia B team that was relegated from the Segunda, and also is under 24. I would like him to be in the relegation category, because it's essentially being relegated from Spains League One.

With a center of gravity akin to Sergio Aguero, and vision like Zidane, one of the most promising young attacking midfielders today.

ISCO

220px-Arda_Turan_-_Isco_Fulll_Body.jpg

Up next, [MENTION=23421]JOLovegrove[/MENTION]

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Waiting on [MENTION=15934]Rohana[/MENTION] to inbox me back as to what category this player can go under, but regardless my pick stays the same.

He was part of a Valencia B team that was relegated from the Segunda, and also is under 24. I would like him to be in the relegation category, because it's essentially being relegated from Spains League One.

With a center of gravity akin to Sergio Aguero, and vision like Zidane, one of the most promising young attacking midfielders today.

ISCO

Noooo!! - that was my next pick. I'd spent ages since my last pick looking for someone for the relegation category and found three, and now the top two have both have been picked, just hope my last find isn't picked before my next go.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea

ISCO

View attachment 52891

Up next, [MENTION=23421]JOLovegrove[/MENTION]

Sorry was pretty hungover when I read your message and it completely slipped my mind.

He counts in the relegation category, as B teams play in the actual league. Good pick that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here