• Their culture

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Everything

Votes: 34 42.5%

• Total voters

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Not sure thats how many UKIP voters see it, from what I see on interviews..Dont think ive seen one ask for controlled immigration.. they seem to want NO immigration.

You have just proven how little you know about the UKIP voters. PLEASE educate yourself.

paul-brighton

Jun 12, 2011
Sompting
The thing I never understand is why many immigrants choose to travel through so many countries to get to Britain. What is it that makes Britain so much more attractive than the countries they travel through?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
My wife is terrified of women who wear burkas. France has banned it and I would be happy to see it go here.
The European Court of Human Rights would like to see a ban too.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/rel...g-the-burka-is-not-racist-its-a-kindness.html

Tis the season of Halloween.....

16hnvaa.jpg

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Not sure thats how many UKIP voters see it, from what I see on interviews..Dont think ive seen one ask for controlled immigration.. they seem to want NO immigration.

Not the case at all.

I would certainly not be voting UKIP, but from what I've seen and read, they don't want no immigration, just a points based system.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Well I guess at least [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] got his binfest he was after - I can only assume it was to deflect attention from the ridiculous Labour policy of 'Mansion Tax' !

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
There's big issues pal and you like many on here are blinded because you're not affected by immigrants taking your job.The influx of foreigners is crippling low earners,low wages will never improve til that bloody door is shut and job competion is rife.

I'd expect nothing other than this from many on here as its full of lefties who're clearly are not even affected by immigrants.

I agree. I'm not personally going to be undercut by immigrant labour. However I'd rather think about what can be done positively rather than negatively. I think we'd be better off if the focus was on better and cheaper (free) education, house building, workers rights, job creation, funding the NHS, a living wage.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Oh and since they actually do most of the jobs a lot of British people cant be bothered/wont do (Caring, NHS, fruit picking, cleaners etc) - Im all for them. To be honest, some British people, IE the ones who sit on their arses "proudly" claiming benefits could learn a lot from them.

The ones that come over simply for the benefits and NHS can be sent home though - but that is of course a minority......just dont tell UKIP that otherwise thats their entire campaign screwed.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I agree. I'm not personally going to be undercut by immigrant labour. However I'd rather think about what can be done positively rather than negatively. I think we'd be better off if the focus was on better and cheaper (free) education, house building, workers rights, job creation, funding the NHS, a living wage.

We can do all of those other things AFTER we give immigrants the gooner...oh, hang on...who's going to build all that social housing and staff the new hospitals if we send all the Poles and Philipinos home?

Damn. Brought low by my own prejudice.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The ones that come over simply for the benefits and NHS can be sent home though - but that is of course a minority......just dont tell UKIP that otherwise thats their entire campaign screwed.

Really, is that what UKIP really think, best let them know asap before their ENTIRE campaign is screwed.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I was working with two African ladies the other day. One from Sierra Leone and one from Ghana. They were telling me at great length that the problem with the Britsh is that we allow everyone to come to the UK and let them to say and do whatever they want as if they are still living in Afghanistan or some other primitive hell hole.

I was interested to hear this critique from women from countries that I would consider as hell holes too...so that's it then. People taking the piss.

Personally I'm in favour of immigration...the UK jobless totals are still falling despite the arrival of poles, Albanians, Romanians et al. The problem will REALLY come when the economy collapses again and jobs are scarcer to come by. Hundred of eastern European accents wherever you go will not be so exotic then I suspect.

As for Islam. The faith really needs to sort itself out. Secular Britain has no place for primitive religious ideas and practices. It would be great to see more Muslims marrying non Muslims and integrating more...but that ainta gonna happen. I propose, therefore that every third Muslim be compelled to marry an atheist or C of E tambourine basher. Instant harmony between the cultures.
Don't be falled pal....A disaster is brewing up as we're awash with low earners and the housing bubble will pop soon big time.
Wait til the next recession comes and see how we cope with 5 million unemployed people.The amount of people in work earning pennies is the reason why it's so low...The government are topping up the wages to see them through and that can't go on forever.

I hope the future is bright,but you get the feeling it's one big smoke screen

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We can do all of those other things AFTER we give immigrants the gooner...oh, hang on...who's going to build all that social housing and staff the new hospitals if we send all the Poles and Philipinos home?

Damn. Brought low by my own prejudice.

How about the 1 million youngsters unemployed?
Maybe spend money on training them up instead flocking foreigners in?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The majority of immigrants to this country through the last 100 years have settled in well, have respected the British or rather the western European Christian based culture and have assimilated into the UK whilst maintaining their own traditions. I think for example of the west Indians, the Irish, the Caribbean Blacks, the Jewish people from various eastern European countries etc.

in todays society most immigration is still without problems, however there is a small number of immigrants who come from countries that are massively different from ours culturally , eg Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Yeman, Afghanistan, etc who maybe used to some types of behaviour that in this country and in Europe we find unacceptable. Eg treatment of woman, treatment and attitude towards gay people, attitude towards people that don't share the same religion as them. Understanding of democracy and human rights etc.

I am not saying everyone from these countried and others all hold the same views but a significant number historically have done according to various polls that have been done and this can become a problem if these people then move to live in the UK.

I think this sums it up pretty well for me too.

There are issues with too much immigration (without doubt some is required, and without it the NHS would collapse, and who would the care for our elderly?)

Too much immigration keeps wages low. An oversupply of labour means the government can continue with a minimum wage that is far below a living wage.

Too much immigration simply means too many people. Pressure on housing, hospitals, schools.

Too many people keeps rents and house prices high.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
There's big issues pal and you like many on here are blinded because you're not affected by immigrants taking your job.The influx of foreigners is crippling low earners,low wages will never improve til that bloody door is shut and job competion is rife.

I'd expect nothing other than this from many on here as its full of lefties who're clearly are not even affected by immigrants.

Worth reading this survey:- http://www.bsa-31.natcen.ac.uk/read-the-report/key-findings/britain-2014.aspx

"In 2013, 77 per cent of people want immigration reduced “a little” or “a lot”, with 56 per cent wanting a large reduction. Both figures are up sharply on 1995 (when they stood at 63 and 39 per cent respectively) but are largely unchanged since 2008 (Ford et al., 2012). The British view that current immigration is too high is well established and stable"

"Those in the most precarious positions – unskilled manual workers and those with no educational qualifications – are the most intensely negative about immigration’s effects. This is particularly true with regard to education; while 60 per cent of graduates think immigration has had beneficial economic consequences for Britain, the same is true of 32 per cent of those whose highest qualification is at A level or equivalent, and just 17 per cent of those with no qualifications at all."

"Londoners, those with migrant heritage, and those with migrant friends (all of whom are more likely to have regular direct contact with migrants) have more positive than negative views about immigration’s effects. The most intensely negative views are found among the oldest voters, and those with no migrant friends."

"There are hints here that it is often those most removed from direct experience of immigration who find it the most threatening."

Certainly the results in Clacton would appear to support that last proposition.

"There is huge irony in the fact that opinion polls showing the viewpoints of local people place immigration at the top of the list of the causes of the hardships they are experiencing. The district in which the constituency is located showed up in the 2011 census survey as having an 8% share of residents born outside the UK – a figure which is around half the rate of other, more prosperous regions of the UK."

http://www.migrantsrights.org.uk/blog/2014/09/note-clacton-why-concern-over-migration

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
How about the 1 million youngsters unemployed?
Maybe spend money on training them up instead flocking foreigners in?

But what if they refuse to do these jobs - like a large number do ? You then have a staffing shortfall. The facts are that a large number of jobs are there, but people dont want to be carers, fruit pickers, cleaners etc. We need immigrants to do these jobs - simple as.

Oh, and if your worried an "immigrant" will steal your job - work hard and stick to your contract, no company will be stupid enough to terminate it without good reason.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I think this sums it up pretty well for me too.

There are issues with too much immigration (without doubt some is required, and without it the NHS would collapse, and who would the care for our elderly?)

Too much immigration keeps wages low. An oversupply of labour means the government can continue with a minimum wage that is far below a living wage.

Too much immigration simply means too many people. Pressure on housing, hospitals, schools.

Too many people keeps rents and house prices high.

Good post as was Jules post. A bit of commonsense imo, both posts.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anyone pointed out that this is a fairly ironic poll by someone who has actually moved to another country where "everything is better" ?

Curiously incoherent thread/poll from HT who is normally MUCH better than that, tho suppose everybody is allowed an off day every now and again. Having said that, he'll still be disappointed with that effort.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Free university really needs to be a must for british people,last year we had 170,000 foreign students flock here,they can contribute towards the university's and the university's can find funding elsewhere.
Immigration is good for this country,but we really can't go on having 100's of thousands of low earners here every year...Who's goner pay for their pension's and how are immigrants supposed to afford having their own pension's and savings while on dire wages?just a short fix with no long term strategy.
The housing issue is massive...
Not enough houses=ridiculously inflated prices and then POP
You get competion for jobs and houses and we're on a winner...Until then it's not good👍

I agree you have to think positive,but the government needs to think long term 😀

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Most people dont worry about immigration until it directly has an impact on their lives. Any man who says they could deal with an immigrant taking their job next Monday morning would be lying. Spare a thought for all of us British guys in the building trade now trying to compete with someone who thinks earning £60 a day is a fortune its become very difficult to compete with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here