Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Politicians will say something like 'back of the queue' then before you know it they go back to the obscurity they came from.Obama said lots of things,and lashed out spitefully but he's gone.Cameron spouted loads of rubbish but he's gone and whichever numbskull thought it worthwhile bothering with a dinosaur like the EU will be gone as well

I'd be intrigued to know what Obama might have said that was "lashing out spitefully". If it was about his "back of the queue comment, I would see that as a considered statement of fact - any negotiations with the EU, for example, would take priority over those with Britain, because it is a bigger more important market.

I think it is Trump who is master of the unguarded stupid comment - as per yesterday's "illegals... I mean immigrants."

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I'd be intrigued to know what Obama might have said that was "lashing out spitefully". If it was about his "back of the queue comment, I would see that as a considered statement of fact - any negotiations with the EU, for example, would take priority over those with Britain, because it is a bigger more important market.

I think it is Trump who is master of the unguarded stupid comment - as per yesterday's "illegals... I mean immigrants."

I agree with you, it was a considered statement .. made to help out DC and influence the UK electorate to vote for what the Obama administration views as their best interest.

But it was never a statement of fact as he was not going to be in power to make the decision. Also amusing to see John Kerry criticising Trump for his comments about Germany /Merkel "I thought frankly it was inappropriate for a president-elect of the United States to be stepping into the politics of other countries in a quite direct manner,".

A tad hypocritical.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Obama was a fixed term and not permitted to stand for a 3rd term, but why let a little detail like that get in the way
And ? If youre trying to say that soulman implied obama was voted/kicked out of office then thats a desperately bad effort, and wrong

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I know, what has this to do with Farage who you shoehorned into a reply about Cameron and Obama, both leaders of their countries.

It would help if you read and remembered the original comment so that you are able to place things into context, but hey we all know in your world Farage is God and no one is allowed to do anything other than praise him.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

I agree he didnt lash out spitefully , he was trying to help cameron out , but it backfired spectacularly due in no small part that we dont seem to be at the back of the fvcking queue when it comes to dead soldiers in iraq and afghanistan.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It's a good start for a negotiating position, we have to be prepared to walk away with nothing otherwise Michel Barnier already has us over a barrel. I expect they might make some concessions in the end to come up with something mutually beneficial.

Agree it always was and is the only sensible starting point. Plus events have conspired to give us a stronger hand than expected so we should make the most of it.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
It would help if you read and remembered the original comment so that you are able to place things into context, but hey we all know in your world Farage is God and no one is allowed to do anything other than praise him.

I await the next time you try to shoehorn Farage into a post. Farage has moved on, I wish you would.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I agree he didnt lash out spitefully , he was trying to help cameron out , but it backfired spectacularly due in no small part that we dont seem to be at the back of the fvcking queue when it comes to dead soldiers in iraq and afghanistan.

So your out vote was partly due to our military commitment ? So if we are now at the front of the queue will we be more or less likely due to 'our special relationship' to support American military campaigns with troops and planes

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
It would appear 'Brexit means Brexit' after all. The Hard/Real/Clean/Red, White and Blue variety.

Most people didn't vote to leave the single market. People voted to leave over sovereignty issues, a perfectly respectable position, and / or immigration, less so in my view. But many voted out over vague notions of “ taking back control” without ever knowing what that slogan really meant. We do nearly half of our trade with the EU but that seems to count for next to nothing, never mind the 48 % of us who voted to remain. In my view, a terrible decision and one which has absolutely no democratic mandate and will leave most of us poorer.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Sorry but this doesn't answer the question, which arose from your own post, that asked what specific British products are you thinking of 'to replace Opels, Mercedes and BMWs'. Just saying 'Anything' doesn't really do it.

You really are a yokel,aren't you?:hilton:My post was about other people selling cars to Britain-specsavers is calling!And don't you think replacing the fire-bomb Opel is a good idea?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
So your out vote was partly due to our military commitment ? So if we are now at the front of the queue will we be more or less likely due to 'our special relationship' to support American military campaigns with troops and planes

Youre either deliberately misreading various posters comments because youve been proved wrong or you genuinely have trouble with comprehension , either way youre looking increasingly stupid.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
My god that Gove Trump thumbs up photo looks ****ing desperate. Most of the world are keeping the guy at arm's length and suspicious of his random proclamations and we're brown-nosing him. Is this what it's come to?

No,most of YOUR world are keeping him at arms length,in a show of breathtaking arrogance and stupidity,in the hope that it will all be a bad dream.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
He's is splitting hairs trying to pick the point that strengthens his argument, GBP / USD rate has been in the 1.50 - 1.55 for much of the past decade, and apart from a brief period in 1985 sterling is at in lowest point for century against the USD.

Inflation is coming no matter how much the Brexiteers try and deny it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-3864496

:tumble::yawn:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Get your Euro's early today if you need any, our suicide note to be revealed at 11.45.

Are you going to post it on here-we could all do with a laugh!:lolol:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

If you don't think Obama was being spiteful by dismissing 35 Russian 'diplomats' just before leaving,when he has known of their activities for the last 8 years,then you are stupid.Almost as stupid as Obama closing the Russian 'missions' which the NSA and no doubt GCHQ had a nice easy task monitoring.Now the hackers will have to be hunted down again.Spiteful enough for you,or would you like more?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Most people didn't vote to leave the single market. People voted to leave over sovereignty issues, a perfectly respectable position, and / or immigration, less so in my view. But many voted out over vague notions of “ taking back control” without ever knowing what that slogan really meant. We do nearly half of our trade with the EU but that seems to count for next to nothing, never mind the 48 % of us who voted to remain. In my view, a terrible decision and one which has absolutely no democratic mandate and will leave most of us poorer.

the US does $250bn of trade with the EU... and it is not in the 'internal market' nor does it have a trade deal. What is the panic about?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here