Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How did Richie Towell do

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Flannels (as Duffy seems to call him) was alright - absolutely tons of energy, defended from the front as CH likes and Sam does and showed some nice touches. At a push he could cover for SB but for a title-winning shout we need someone at least as good as SB, not someone who does the same job but just not quite as well (on one showing anyway). Re other posts, thought both FBs did OK - Hunt in particular was outmuscled a bit early on but I reckon he was a good 30kg lighter than their 25 (no exaggeration). He's got a brilliant first touch - obviously training with Bruno helping - one move in the first half the ball was pinged to him as he overlapped and he brought it down under control without breaking stride. Impressive stuff.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Based on today I'd say Towell is fine for 20 mins at the end of a game playing a Baldock-type role. I wouldn't say he did enough to challenge our 4 very good central midfielders, especially in a 4-man midfield.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yup, both he and Hunt look very good prospects to me. Seen Akedugbe three times now and he has impressed each time.

I thought Towell did quite well, liked Adekugbe very much, especially one cross he put on a plate for March, but Hunt looked very lightweight imo.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that he did well and would not be concerned if he was on the bench and came on for the last 20 mins for Sam Baldock rather than Hemed and Murray together.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Thought he looked alright. Good pace and some good link up play. Wasn't to greedy and played some nice balls into dangerous positions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
This. Clearly got a good footballing brain and very aware of what is going on around him. I was impressed.

Albion100

Jan 4, 2013
Patcham
I thought Towell was quality today and showed a lot of class. Would like to see him on the bench in future. I think he could offer us something in tight games.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Average. Terrible first touch at one point which killed an attack - That's my main memory, sorry! Hopefully will get better.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Willing to shoot from distance in the first half when it was clear their 'keeper's confidence was shaky. Was impressed with Towell for his attempt.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So it seems he is the new 'Ashley Barnes Marmite'.

As said, I reckon he was excellent today.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Very solid performance & lots of potential. I can see why Hughton rates him but he needs time to get up to first team level.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I thought he showed some great touches at times (a stunning back flick to somebody in the second half to set up an attack), and looked to be blowing a bit at others. He seemed to be playing up front with Hemed in the first half, which probably isn't his natural position.

Similarly, Rob Hunt looked easily brushed off on occasion in the first half, but looked very competent indeed at others.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I thought he showed some great touches at times (a stunning back flick to somebody in the second half to set up an attack), and looked to be blowing a bit at others. He seemed to be playing up front with Hemed in the first half, which probably isn't his natural position.

Similarly, Rob Hunt looked easily brushed off on occasion in the first half, but looked very competent indeed at others.

Brushed off by their 25, who looked like like a modern-day rugby union international flanker..............

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brushed off by their 25, who looked like like a modern-day rugby union international flanker..............

You see, for the first twenty minutes or so, I thought Aneke looked like a right prospect. Caused no end of trouble.

But after that, he turned into a big, immobile unit, who ran around a lot to **** all effect. Funny how these things change!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought Towell did quite well, liked Adekugbe very much, especially one cross he put on a plate for March, but Hunt looked very lightweight imo.

Blimey, in danger of agreeing with you - thought he did well [emoji2]

Were you in the East or West?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thought he did well. As did Sam the left back. Kayal also good. Hemed had a few excellent touches - his hold up play is class - but he does scuff too many shots.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here