Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Someone else using your ST when you can't make it ... [Uh oh. Post 43]

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wouldn't that remove the need for season tickets then as well? Walk up to the turnstile, camera scans your face and in you go!

They could link it up to GCHQ and spot any on the terrorist watchlist as well.

:albion2:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Wouldn't that remove the need for season tickets then as well? Walk up to the turnstile, camera scans your face and in you go!

*Modifies proposal document to BHAFC to mention additional productivity, efficiency and cost savings potential of implementing new facial recognition system and software*

The cheque's in the post :wink:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Not too keen as my kids and I sit with my brother in the family stand. They would have a stranger between them and my brother if I was unable to go. Of course, it's easy to ask someone to swap seats but not everyone is reasonable.

But that implies you wouldn't resell the ticket to someone you didn't know either. So the problem is having a random person using the seat rather than you not getting the money back.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
How would people feel about a mechanism where you could tell the club you can't make a match, they are able to resell your seat for that game, but NO cash comes back to the STH. All the benefits go to the Club - more bums on seats, more ticket revenue, more spending on catering etc etc. (In typing this I am not sure if this is how the now-defunct ticket exchange thing worked at the Amex because I never used it).

You as a STH are no worse off because logically you'd only take this option if you couldn't go AND none of your family/mates wanted it. And a warm glow (not sperm related) from doing the Club a good turn.

Or the club could chuck you a voucher for the club store or something low cost. Works for me, but my seat never goes spare so I'm probably not the target demographic for this.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
This is a personal opinion but don't think the club should post on this thread.

If they want to release a change of policy as a result of this thread then fine announce it in the normal way, but to announce something in this thread which is not particularly clear or transparent about a number of issues is just plain silly.

Expect a large section on this in the next home programme. I am sure PB is drafting it now.

As for the issue, all season tickets have been non transferable forever. Has this been policed, no? The club started policing the concessions more actively this season and possibly last season and quite rightly so. You can't have an adult regularly using a seat that has only been paid for at child prices.

Have they previously turned a blind eye to an adult replacing an adult, yes they have. Does Insider's post change this? Depends on your interpretation. I am sure the club will clarify though in a more formal statement. Will this ever be an issue again in future? I doubt it. Should people post on here that they transfer it to a friend, probably not.

Should the club have an all functioning ticket exchange that works well and people know about. Yes absolutely and I am sure they are aware of this. However the old method was not heavily used because it only kicked in for sell outs.

Personally I always sit in my own seat, and have never broken the law, not even once, ever, at all.

Like others happy to produce a blood or sperm sample for each match. Like others I already did the latter last Saturday.

PS) Have I made this post in the style of Simon Cowell, yes probably. Did I mean to, no sorry.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
How? If you buy a ticket for a gig 6 months in advance and suddenly need an op, do you get your money back?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

No idea. I'd hope so, just as you can get your money back on most things with a proof of purchase.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
and who knows... these people might just be bitten by the Albion bug and become regular fans in future and buy match tickets, or even season tickets, not to mention shirts, food, drink, and any other stuff available in the club shop etc...

I am living proof of just that!

A friend had two season tickets, his mate couldn't go, I'd said in passing a couple of times that if it was ever spare I'd like to go to a game.
I didn't really support a team, watched MOTD as a neutral and watched international competitions.

one game at the Amex was all it took...

I've been a Season ticket holder for 4 years, bought food, drink, shirts and all sorts.
both my daughters are young seagulls, I've taken non ST holding friends and family who have also spent money and gone again.

MOTD holds no real interest for me any more (hopefully it will next season!) and we wont talk about the national team.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

A friend had two season tickets, his mate couldn't go, I'd said in passing a couple of times that if it was ever spare I'd like to go to a game.
I didn't really support a team, watched MOTD as a neutral and watched international competitions.

I've been a Season ticket holder for 4 years, bought food, drink, shirts and all sorts.
both my daughters are young seagulls, I've taken non ST holding friends and family who have also spent money and gone again.

MOTD holds no real interest for me any more (hopefully it will next season!) and we wont talk about the national team.

And you are precisely the sort of person that [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION] and the club in general, doesn't seem want at the Amex, apparently.

As I said much earlier in this thread... sad :nono:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

You broke the rules.

The club doesn't want your sort.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I'm going to clarify a slight detail here (not that I think it makes any technical difference) in that it was the pdf displayed on an iPad that I scanned.

The stewards didn't comments at all.

(I did actually have the printed ticket with me, but it had got crumpled up massively, so I decided to try the image instead.)

I did this some time back, used my phone that is. Not sure why, but I remember doing it, although when I enquired with turnstile stewards about this at a later date they denied it was possible. I knew I was not going doolally.

[MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION]

Take this back to your masters and tell them

"Look at what you could have won"

article-1095853-02D363F7000005DC-421_468x339.jpg

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
No idea. I'd hope so, just as you can get your money back on most things with a proof of purchase.
No chance. If you were a ticket tout and couldn't sell your last few, you would be able to get your money back!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
This is a personal opinion but don't think the club should post on this thread.

If they want to release a change of policy as a result of this thread then fine announce it in the normal way, but to announce something in this thread which is not particularly clear or transparent about a number of issues is just plain silly.

Expect a large section on this in the next home programme. I am sure PB is drafting it now.

As for the issue, all season tickets have been non transferable forever. Has this been policed, no? The club started policing the concessions more actively this season and possibly last season and quite rightly so. You can't have an adult regularly using a seat that has only been paid for at child prices.

Have they previously turned a blind eye to an adult replacing an adult, yes they have. Does Insider's post change this? Depends on your interpretation. I am sure the club will clarify though in a more formal statement. Will this ever be an issue again in future? I doubt it. Should people post on here that they transfer it to a friend, probably not.

Should the club have an all functioning ticket exchange that works well and people know about. Yes absolutely and I am sure they are aware of this. However the old method was not heavily used because it only kicked in for sell outs.

Personally I always sit in my own seat, and have never broken the law, not even once, ever, at all.

Like others happy to produce a blood or sperm sample for each match. Like others I already did the latter last Saturday.

PS) Have I made this post in the style of Simon Cowell, yes probably. Did I mean to, no sorry.

Tend to agree with pretty much all of this.

Agree about the ticket exchange and perhaps it should operate even when it's not a sell out but if the match isn't a sell out, should you expect to receive something for your seat? What it would do is free up seats in different areas. Difficult because if you operate it when it isn't a sell out what affect would that have on the club's income?

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
You broke the rules.

The club doesn't want your sort.

ha ha, well... actually my friend did... I had no idea we were taking such a risk!

I've just some some quick calculations (approx)

Season ticket, play offs, friendlies etc
food and drink at every game
money spend in club shop
recommending friends who then buy tickets, a scarf, food and drink etc.

I reckon I spend about £1500 a year with the club and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future, all because I was taken to one game.

hopefully this is of interest [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION]

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here