Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Monday (if none of the injuries return)

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Stock dale
Bruno
Greer
Dunk
Bong
Sit rosenier in front of back 4

Murphy
Kayal
Skalek
LuaLua

Baldock

Leaves Wilson Towell Calderon Elvis and 3 others on the bench

Keith the Kipper

Feb 27, 2010
Worthing
We need to win by a couple at least to get to extra time and I'm sorry but however good a team player he is , Baldock is not a goal scorer. We need to start with Kazenga , Murphy , Skalak and Wilson .

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Genuinely don't get the Wilson slag off a thon. What else were he or Baldock supposed to do? With their respective stature the only way either of them were going to thrive would be for either through balls to run on to - none came - or our wingers beating their man and putting low fizzing crosses across the six yard box - didn't happen. Without a Hemed style player neither of them will thrive without those other things happening.

So with the rant aside here would be my starting XI:

Stockdale
Bruno Greer Dunk Rosenior
Skalak Kayal Towell Murphy
Wilson Baldock

Subs:

Maenpaa
Calderon
Bong
Elvis
Crofts
Lua Lua
Zamora*

*Even if we can only get ten minutes out of him and in doing so it keeps him out of a final. We NEED a talisman.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I'd rather see Ince or JFC in the midfield than Towell at the moment.
Nothing against him, he's just not ALBION enough for a battle like Monday's.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Stockdale
Bruno-Greer-Dunk-Bong
Rosenior-Towell-Kayal-Lualua
Skalak
Baldock

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Did I see that Kayal picked up his 10th booking? Does that mean he's out for the game?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
------------------------------------Stockdale----------------------------
--------------------------------Greer---------Dunk----------------------
Rosenior---------------------------Bruno------------------------Bong
-------------------------------Kayal---------Towell----------------------
---------------------------------------Skalak------------------------------
--------------------------------Hambo-----LuaLua---------------------

Subs
Maenpaa
Calderon
Crofts
Murphy
Bjordal
Baldock
Wilson

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's interesting how many people are putting Baldock in ahead of Wilson. I'd play Wilson purely because he is a better finisher and because Baldock doesn't look like scoring whatsoever.

If O'Grady was still here I'd start him, which tells it's own story about where this season has gone wrong.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Did I see that Kayal picked up his 10th booking? Does that mean he's out for the game?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Cut off point for 10 yellows was in March. Kayal plays (if not injured).

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
No place for Wilson on monday, would rather play one of our own youngsters who would give something like 100%! LuaLua can do one aswell ! Squad frailties will be Chris`s first priorities promoted or not!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
-------------Stockdale------------
Bruno ---- Dunk -----Bong
Rosenior--Towell--Kayal--KLL
---Skalak - Baldock--Murphy.

I can see the advantage in foregoing a defender & only playing three across the back line when we have to go on all out attack.

However, we do need a target man, and Wilson it will have to be. One from either Skalak, Murphy or LuaLua will have to be relegated to the bench.

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
Somehow we need options on the bench to change game, but just don't see it......can Houghton play?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We need to win by a couple at least to get to extra time and I'm sorry but however good a team player he is , Baldock is not a goal scorer. We need to start with Kazenga , Murphy , Skalak and Wilson .

I take the point re Baldock. However, three of the other four you mention aren't target players either!, and Wilson, although allegedly a centre forward, hasn't exactly been prolific either, and with a move back to his parent club looming, what does the result matter to him?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
It's interesting how many people are putting Baldock in ahead of Wilson. I'd play Wilson purely because he is a better finisher and because Baldock doesn't look like scoring whatsoever.

If O'Grady was still here I'd start him, which tells it's own story about where this season has gone wrong.

It's the one area of recruitment the club haven't got right. We were always vulnerable by only having 3 strikers for the last few months. Will have to be rectified this time in the summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here