Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex travel problems

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
I arrived at Mill Road P&R at 12.30 and got in at 2.15.... and they were queing out of sight around the corner when i finally got away, many must have missed Ko.
I understand road acidents happen, but as i say it was the lack of comms that annoyed.

It was a nightmare but actually 3 or 4 buses turned up at 1.50 and hoovered up pretty much the whole queue. I always take Mill Road Park and Ride and this was worst it has been due to accident. Not much else the club could do other than potentially delay kick off but think everyone got there in time....

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The Albion clearly advised on the pre-match brief that there would be delays due to another event at Waterhall. The brief appears on the website and goes out by email to season ticket holders. As a result, P & R was opened at Mill Road at 11.15 which they advised. The Albion also said come earlier than usual. The buses were due at 11.30 but held up due to traffic. No great surprise on the Bank Holiday. But the cheery girl with the walkie talkie at the top kept us informed with the information as it came through to her. She confirmed where the buses were. If you couldn't hear what she said, you could have done what I did and ask her for an update. Short of someone walking up and down with a sandwich board, I'm not sure how many more 'comms' could have been provided.

We got to Mill Road at 11.30

We left Mill Road at 12.45

There were no buses at Mill Road when we arrived - normally there are 3 or 4 waiting.

We actually walked the full length of Mill Road, parking at the bottom, getting on the bus at the top. Not a problem for me but for some of the older ones it was clearly an issue.

No communication, just a lot of unhappy people.

There was a young girl who was very upset as she desperately needed the loo (who expects to wait an hour and a quarter)

It's the one are of the club that needs addressing, transport. However, seeing as all those who make decisions arrive by car a couple of hours before the game, have a car parking space at The Amex, and leave when the fans have long since departed, they never actually experience any transport problems.

Does the club actually still have a Transport Manager?

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Normal buses were rubbish - Got to Old Steine at 12,30ish and only 1 bus to Amex due in 30 mins - couldn't get near it - got a cab in end

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
I arrived at Mill Road P&R at 12.30 and got in at 2.15.... and they were queing out of sight around the corner when i finally got away, many must have missed Ko.
I understand road acidents happen, but as i say it was the lack of comms that annoyed.

I got there at 12.30 and got straight on the bus

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I parked at wild Park.
About 10 of the buses were going up Lewes Rd (empty) towards the Coldean turn at 11.55.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Normal buses were rubbish - Got to Old Steine at 12,30ish and only 1 bus to Amex due in 30 mins - couldn't get near it - got a cab in end

That's because the bus company ran a Sunday i.e reduced Service. I know this because the girl at Mill Rd P + R in the high viz jacket with the walkie talkie told me. Brighton and Hove buses get everthing on a plate from the council and should be censured for running a skeleton service on one of the busiest Bank Holidays of the year, and also for not anticipating delays by getting to the P + R sooner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here