Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's with this 'Thumbs up!' or 'Thumbs down!' nonsense?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Shit isn't it. I keep getting notifications and go to the bother of opening them and it's a notice saying I have "thumbs" on my posts. Genuinely, apart from The Truth, the worst addition to NSC in a long while.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Shit isn't it. I keep getting notifications and go to the bother of opening them and it's a notice saying I have "thumbs" on my posts. Genuinely, apart from The Truth, the worst addition to NSC in a long while.

:thumbsup:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah, I wondered what that was all about. However a lot of newspaper comment sections have them now and it's way better than that 'rep' thing that we had on here a while back. 'Rep' is good on factual boards where people are giving technical advice, but was worse than useless on something like NSC which is all about opinions. You could get a bad rep just for having different views.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ah but does that stop the thumbs up/down from occurring ?

No. But it stops you getting notifications, which makes it easier to ignore them.

EDIT: It stops you getting thumb notifications, you still get quote and mention notifications.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It's getting more like the BBS everyday.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I guess it could help the number of "this" posts. Just thumbs-up instead

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No. But it stops you getting notifications, which makes it easier to ignore them.

Oh yeah, notifications are back. I was up to about 700 before they disappeared, on a mere 4 at the moment. And I see someone's 'thumbs downed' my post, obviously some ignorant tosser who thought that 'rep' WAS a good thing to have on a board that's all about opinions.

(This could be fun!)

EDIT: Ohh! Now it's gone positive!

EDIT AGAIN: Nope, negative again as is this one. I've got no friends!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Well I have turned mine off, what Bozza intended as an enhancement has rather been hijacked by stalkers being petty.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
Well I have turned mine off, what Bozza intended as an enhancement has rather been hijacked by stalkers being petty.

How do you do that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here