Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
This is a lightweight wheelchair for hire, next day delivery, minimum charge £25.
https://www.wheelfreedom.com/products/adult_wheelchair_hire/lightweight_foldable_wheelchair_hire

I'll chuck in a fiver.

Maybe we could meet Peggy & Freddie at the Memorial garden to hand over our notes?

Should be able to do that, @Thunder Bolt :thumbsup:

by my reckoning, we're a fiver short - I'll do that. Regrettably, I'm not at the game tomorrow. Edna, could you possibly cough up my fiver please? I'll return it when I see you in New York for the next mods' bash...

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I'm sure the club will go the extra mile if you get in touch FG. It's Albion in the Community day and there's no better example of what we're all about.

I have spoken to the clube, twice, and also an email. They were able to re-arrange the seats I had bought in WSL towards the north end to the sounth stand, nearer the disabled lift. I did ask if she could go in a disabled area. She is on the end of a row, which is good apart from will have to get up & down to let people through.

So yes, the club has done it's bit.

I'm still trying to contact Peggy so will update later.

As for the chair, anyone know if the club or St John's have something we could use?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
If NSC is paying for the wheel chair. I am happy to put a five in for one of those one off Albion in the Community special shirts for her tomorrow. It would be a great memento of her day and very appropriate.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Thanks for all the generous offers, not sure what to do next!

Have spoken to Peggy, still very thrilled & keen but worried about distances to walk. Will think on this over lunchtime beers and check in later.

At the moment, plan is to meet her about 2.00 when she is dropped off in coachpark.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I have spoken to the clube, twice, and also an email. They were able to re-arrange the seats I had bought in WSL towards the north end to the sounth stand, nearer the disabled lift. I did ask if she could go in a disabled area. She is on the end of a row, which is good apart from will have to get up & down to let people through.

So yes, the club has done it's bit.

I'm still trying to contact Peggy so will update later.

As for the chair, anyone know if the club or St John's have something we could use?

Can you get one of those ones Thunder Bolt mentioned above (for hire- looks like they deliver) for tomorrow, FG?

I'd say we have the cost covered between us, and besides, it looks like Bozza is happy to chip in from the Bank of NSC :clap:

Or I could ask on Twitter if anyone has any spare wheelchairs :)

I love the idea of getting her one of those AITC shirts that somebody's mentioned above. Well, I love this whole thread but that would be ace too.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
by my reckoning, we're a fiver short - I'll do that. Regrettably, I'm not at the game tomorrow. Edna, could you possibly cough up my fiver please? I'll return it when I see you in New York for the next mods' bash...

Will happily do if needed :thumbsup:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Rolling back to the opening post, I'd much prefer to offer my seat to a charity on the odd occasion I can't make a game. So much better than leaving it empty, trying to pass it onto someone or offering it back to the club with almost zero chance of any money back.
How does it actually work?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Rolling back to the opening post, I'd much prefer to offer my seat to a charity on the odd occasion I can't make a game. So much better than leaving it empty, trying to pass it onto someone or offering it back to the club with almost zero chance of any money back.
How does it actually work?

Wouldn't it be lovely to have a mechanism where this was possible.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I offered my 2 to a charity called Time To Talk Befriending, it's a charity for people who may not be disabled but lonely. They have a lady who will be thrilled to go, her last game was the last at The Goldstone where she used to stand with her husband in the North.

Sadly, her husband and a son never lived to see the Amex. her son was a campaigner and was one of the group presenting the petition to No 10. Their ashes are at the Amex memorial garden but she's never been out to see a match or to the garden.

This lady is now in her Eighties. She doesn't use a wheelchair but cannot walk far. My tickets were for WSL near the North but she will be dropped off in the coach park, too far to walk. I have contacted the club and they have swapped the seats for some in the South Stand. I will only get to meet her to hand the tickets over as I am in WSU.

She is going with her daughter and I do hope she enjoys an emotional day. I hope any stewards in the South will look out & look after her and any fans in the area please be patient and say 'Hello' to Peggy.

That's a wonderful gesture Ken, well done.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I find myself itching to know whether Peggy is all systems go yet?

Don't leave us all hanging, FG :)

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Sorry guys & gals, just back home (ear bashing from wife).
Yes, Peggy still good to go and I'm still looking to beg, steal or borrow some wheels. Not sure on the hiring as I have no transport and they will have to collected & returned. I have an incredible 52 notifications so I've got to look in there 1st to see if any offers but, after a cuppa, I'll be back.

Thanks all for tremendous response. I think Peggy deserves to have some VIP treatment and it seems a few of you do too.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry guys & gals, just back home (ear bashing from wife).
Yes, Peggy still good to go and I'm still looking to beg, steal or borrow some wheels. Not sure on the hiring as I have no transport and they will have to collected & returned. I have an incredible 52 notifications so I've got to look in there 1st to see if any offers but, after a cuppa, I'll be back.

Thanks all for tremendous response. I think Peggy deserves to have some VIP treatment and it seems a few of you do too.

I wish you'd said that earlier as we have a car. Hopefully now, someone will have a wheelchair that you can borrow.
The website that I put a link to, said they would deliver but the order had to be in by 3.30pm.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Three people have passed this on to Tom Gorringe at the club so I'll be getting in touch and it looks like the club are keen to make this a great day. More details, probably in the morning.

Thanks again all!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm now wondering how lucky Peggy has been. Did we win when she went last? All we need is some peggy-come-lately jinx rocking up tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here